Spice and Wolf 16, the End

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Spice and Wolf 16, the End

Post by Veruz »

Greetings,

Recently I started watching the Spice and Wolf anime, and am currently half way through the second season. I read that the last volume of the light novels was released a few days ago, and I am curious about the end.

I live in europe and possess no knowledge in japanese whatsoever, so with the release schedule of the english publisher it will take another ~seven years for me to be able to enjoy the whole series.

So on to the topic: Could any member of our community, that read the last volume tell me how it ends? I mean, is it a good/bad/indefinite end? Do they end up together? Are they continuing traveling? Or is it maybe the classic "one dies, the other lives forever after" type of end? I know that this is a bit selfish of a request but it has been bothering me as of late, and waiting another seven years to get the answer surely will get the best of me soon.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies!
kuroi_shinigami
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Spice and Wolf 16, the End

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

This is just a speed read so I can't guarantee the accuracy(I'm still backlogged on too many series before continuing this one XD). It's kinda a good ending. The two main protagonist didn't explicitly go out together, but they stay together in a certain town and Lawrence is opening a shop there. The ending is kinda open-ended in that they enjoy being together for now and decides to not thinking too far to the future. There should be another side story volume that will wrap-up the series though.
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

This is more than I could ask for, you have my gratitude! I am looking forward on reading the novels and just couldn't calm down when I though that I'll need to wait several years for them to be fully translated. Maybe I should give learning japanese a try again once my schedule calms down -.-
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

Just got my hands on Volume 17 - Epilogue as well as the new art book (狼と香辛料―文倉十画集) in Singapore (Amazon was slow to restock) and from a quick glance at the images, it goes much further than a kinda good ending :D I'll take my time reading this one :)
DoorKnob22
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoorKnob22 »

It's gonna be so long till all of 'em come out in Canada :/, and that's if they manage to release them all.
Feel free to message me any of your favorite series.

Light novels I'm hoping will get translated
-mayo chiki
-mayoi neko overrun
-bento
-unbreakable machine doll
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Don't worry, dude. You might see some fan-translations from other websites lurking around.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Manga & Novel”