[Old] Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Esker
Astral Realm

Re: Official Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader Available no

Post by Esker »

Okay, found a way around it that kinda works - download everything that's complete then filter downloaded only - but I doubt it'll work too well with updates. I'll still have to check back at the wiki proper to see when a volume is completed.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

I hope the new download location is coming soon and will the app itself auto update like it dose for units that have the android marketplace?
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Ellie
Astral Realm

Post by Ellie »

Any chance of an iOS version? It looks awesome, and I would love a version for iPhone :D
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Ellie wrote:Any chance of an iOS version? It looks awesome, and I would love a version for iPhone :D
I'd love that too...but I think you need to pay money so you can introduce it. Wonder if I could install Android on my iPod Touch...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

It's not that you need to pay but even if someone made an iOS version, Apple would never accept it into the Appstore

I'm not sure about Cydia though but you shouldn't have to root/jailbreak a phone just to use a book reader :lol:
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Agreed. And that's why Android is superior. Also Thanks for the application. I find it really useful, and use it when I have free time. The app makes it easier, but it's not required. You could just go to a browser on the iphone/android phone if you want to read it.

maybe a forum tab should be added, to get more active members lol.
1,550/3,400
Atomsk
Astral Realm

Post by Atomsk »

I'm crazy to read the Papakiki novel on my phone! Hope that you update it soon, guys!
milki
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by milki »

It would be kind of cool if the app allowed for roaming editors to make minor changes.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Gundam Unicorn (sadly) doesn't work :(
M3ne
Astral Realm

Post by M3ne »

is there a way to make this apps work on the kindle fire?
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

M3ne wrote:is there a way to make this apps work on the kindle fire?
I have it on mine. You just need to sideload the .APK file.

This site has instructions n how to do it.

Basically, you just have to turn on the "Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources" option in the options screen, find a copy of the .APK file, and access it using a file browser of some sort. I use ES File Manager. One of the apps the article mentions, Dropbox is an online storage system that, the article claims, allows for one-click installation of .APK files. I also have found GetJar a good source for apps outside of the Amazon store. I downloaded a memory manager from Sandisk (Sandisk Memory Zone) from that site. It can also access Dropbox, as well as Google Docs and several other cloud storage sites.

If you need a copy of the .APK file, let me know and I can get you one, or perhaps the admins could post it up to the forums somewhere... (Or make it available on GetJar as well as the Android Market...)
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
M3ne
Astral Realm

Post by M3ne »

I would very much appreciate If you could post the apk file.
I've tried the file posted on page 10, but it gave me a parse error. And I could not find any other apk file
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

andyrobo123 wrote:
doubletaco wrote:the soft Menu button while reading has disappeared from the Honeycomb menu bar, rendering me unable to switch the colors to the white-on-black I like. I can still do this on my phone
I will look at fixing this soon, I haven't done any testing of my app on tablets yet. The next think i plan to look at is adding better support of tablets.
For the record, this remains an issue in ICS on an Acer Iconia Tab A500.
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

M3ne wrote:I would very much appreciate If you could post the apk file.
I've tried the file posted on page 10, but it gave me a parse error. And I could not find any other apk file
I posted it to my DropBox site. Here is the link.

Let me know if it doesn't work... I've never tried to use Dropbox like this before...
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
ShiroYasha
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShiroYasha »

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to make it so that it's visible that a volume isn't completed yet? I can tell when a chapter is because of the percentage but I'm not always sure of whether or not a volume has all the chapters in it translated since a lot of the translated ones are kind of spread out.. Or is it already like that and I'm just seeing things

Return to “Developers and Code”