Gakkou wo Deyou!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Gakkou wo Deyou ?

It was good
77%
It was interesting
18%
Not as good as I thought
2%
Boring. Not reading again!
3%

Total votes: 61

SOStmohs
Astral Realm

Re: Gakkou wo Deyou!

Post by SOStmohs »

I would also like for this to be translated.^^
Hotaru-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Hotaru-chan »

I liked it, it was really interesting!

I hope this gets translated, I love these type of stories, and it's even by a really good writer (i.e the writer of the Haruhi series) :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hotaru-chan wrote: and it's even by a really good writer (i.e the writer of the Haruhi series) :D
I know, because of that I was also surprised, that there werent anyone interested to translate this series too.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Darklor wrote:Uh, has someone delated the teaser?
Ah, frell I just found the original teaser in the depth of the Future Projects Section - 3 years too late: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1238

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Gakkou wo Deyou!/Escape from School!

Post by Darklor »

Since I just found this old teaser I thought I give it a bump... :twisted:

Darklor

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Holy god! It has been over 4 years!
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Yeah, sad isnt it?

Darklor

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Oh God, if this topic was bumped up before I was gathering information about teasers...
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm why? - Which teasers? And as I said I just recently found it as I was thinking about a little clean up of the Future Project section. (Like merging double requests.)

Darklor

rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

I was searching for actual dates. To be precise, I needed to know when exactly translation/teaser was done. Because of that I have had a lot of headache.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, k. One could say this was the lost teaser. The teaser project page was a long time without a teaser and has gotten a new teaser translation done by EusthEnoptEron in 2009, while the teaser project page was created in July 2006 and had no teaser for three years (but still many visits for a teaser project without a teaser ;)).

Darklor

rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

And I still have no idea why this teaser wasn't uploaded on wiki...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

rock96 wrote:And I still have no idea why this teaser wasn't uploaded on wiki...
I dont know it either. But there were some more teasers somewhere in the forum, which havent had even a teaser project page. (That was really lost work in my opinion, because of that my little teaser initiative/offensive ;))

Darklor

WizCardSx
Astral Realm

Post by WizCardSx »

I think this is a great start to a novel, it has a good hook, and definitely drew me in, so I do hope that some one eventually fan translates this series. Please keep up the good work, and I do hope to see more of this translated into English in the future. I was so drawn into the story though that I looked a bit and found a translation that included more of the prologue but was very poorly translated and the grammar was horrible and at parts almost completely non-understandable. So I went to the trouble of editing a bit myself :) So here is the full prologue (i think its the full thing... i may be wrong) in English:

Prologue:

The ghost of my sister is floating in front of me.
By the way, I didn't believe in ghosts for a long period of time. Even if a blood stained woman with no legs were to suddenly appear in a dark back street, let her arms hang down and laugh at me just to disappear a few moments later with the words "Oh so hateful!". I still would probably not accept the existence of ghosts and instead I’d knock at the door of some eye doctor or psychiatrist. I don't get how people can get frightened by ghost stories or horror films. Those are nothing more than hot air, aren't they? Made-up stories. The people appearing in them don't even exist in reality. And you can't get hurt by anything that doesn't exist. So, why should we fear them?
In reality, when I was a child the elementary school nearby at night used to creep me out. But by making myself think like this, although that's no doubt the bluff of a child, I could overcome my fear. The power of imagination, how amazing.
This perception began to sway six years ago, when I was 11 years old.
Since that day on, I've been possessed by the spirit of my little sister.
That's the reason I'm in this Academy.
At the moment, the cause of this reason is turning loops right in front of my eyes, while I am relaxing in my room in the boy's dorm. Thanks to that spirit I've been sent to this ‘Third Public EMP Academy’. Even though I don't possess any ‘supernatural power’. My, my...
“Did you say anything?”
A spirit-sister in a sailor uniform, with half-long hair, slender white hands and feet, as well as a half-transparent body through which I can see the other side of the room. If she, Haruna, was still alive, she would have turned sixteen this year. Haruna was hovering about 10cm above the wooden floor and let her hair sway.
So right now she looks like sixteen years old, since for some reason she's been growing all these years.
She reacted with a child-like smile on her child-like face when she noticed my gaze. I sighed.
Haruna died when she was ten years old. I saw the moment of her death happen, I also was at her funeral, I saw her pale, dead face in the coffin. Hell, I even picked up her bones after the cremation. It was quite a shocking surprise for me when I saw her appear as a ghost on the night of the wake. But mind you, that happened six years ago, when I was still alright in my head. I can still clearly remember how this half-transparent body was studying its own corpse and then turned around to me with a cheerful smile. I didn't have the composure to even think about going to an eye doctor or some psychiatrist, and felts as though I was about to faint.
My other little sister is called Wakana, who is Haruna’s twin sister and nearly her spit ‘n’ image, was at my side at the time. And I also remember how she didn't look surprised at all by the sight of her sister Haruna floating above the ground with a half-transparent form. Well, from the start those twins seemed to consider each other as the same as themselves. So it could have been that the loss of the physical body of her other self, was like losing a mirror to Wakana.
One time I asked her about this, but she just inclined her too long grown bobbed hair and told me after around 30 seconds:
"I Dunno."
She replied lightly.
Well it doesn’t really matter; from then on it’s been like this. Imouto’s ghost is always by my side.
Right now, Haruna is right in front of my eyes. The short skirt she’s wearing is half-transparent like her body; the ends of her skirt lightly flutter.
While in the school’s double room dormitories one can see that she is clearly soaked in happiness — the happiness of monopolizing me.
Fortunately, my roommate, the boy student, lost his EMP abilities; starting yesterday he no longer comes to school or the dormitory.
When he left that guy said.
“I’m not afraid to tell you now; I was really scared to death by Haruna. Every time I took a shower or used the restroom, I was really worried that she would suddenly appear through the wall… at night if I woke up I would often see her shining and attached to the ceiling, I was so scared that I rushed out the door, my heart almost stopped… But now when recalling it all, they are all wonderful memories.”
He said. Then, with an unseen line controlling it, the alarm clock on the desk began to float in the air, hits him on the head, and it knocks him out.
Wonderful memories? This saying can only be used by the people about to leave this bitter sea, eh? But me, I don’t know how much longer I can stay in this kind of situation… You idiot, have you thought of my feelings?! You deserve that! … I thought to myself, but I also feel that it is simply because of Haruna’s love of pranks that I was forced into attending this school. Haruna seems to have no plans about leaving my side any time soon, or ever at that matter. If she doesn’t leave, I won’t be able to leave this place so it seems like it won’t happen for a very very long time.
“Is being at this school really that bad?”
An unclear voice appears softly in my head. I was resting on the lower bunk of a bunk bed, Haruna passed through my body spying on my expression. Her voice is still the same as it was when she was eleven. It seems like her mentality is the same too.
“Of course it’s bad, actually it’s extremely bad! If I was like you and actually had some special ability, and had been called here to go to this school due to having said ability, at least that would be acceptable. But as everyone else says, I’m just a normal person; there is no good reason for me to stay here. I’m staying in this desolate freak show of a place wasting my youth; it’s all because of you Haruna! Right, it’s not too late, you can go find Wakana! You girls can go back to acting like before, all touchy feely, I’ll find time to come and visit you girls!”
“I don’t want things to be that way!”
Haruna turns her head around and pouts, stamps her foot, which should normally make a loud sound when people do it, but for ghosts it makes no sound at all.
On what is used as a desk, but is actually an antique heater, the alarm clock goes off signalling that it is now 8pm.
I’m not sure whether it’s because my roommate has gathered his luggage and left, or because of the suddenly monopolized double dorm room, but the sound of the alarm clock has increased tenfold and sounds ear splitting.
This room has no TV in it, only Imouto’s ghost. If I ever wanted to go outside for a breather, this academy is deep in mountains surrounded by forest, with very few people around, basically no living things of interest. But, alas, you’re not allowed to leave on your own anyway, and if you do leave and are discovered you will be forcefully brought back to the academy.
I’m slouched on my bed, thinking about how to waste my time before I go to sleep. Just at this time, a white form is floating in the corner of my vision.
It’s Haruna’s finger. She used her fingers to knock on the side of my head. I try not to pay attention to her. Suddenly, something approaches flying at me. I quickly got up and dodged, in an attempt to avoid being hit.
Haruna looks at me slouching on the bed, her half transparent face remains still, but her red lips move slowly.
Then she points towards the wall. “What?”
Haruna with a playful expression, five fingers and slowing bending one finger down, as if counting something. Five, four, three, two, one…zero.

----------END PROLOGUE------------

I hope i edited this okay, i haven't done any real editing before so this was a learning experience for me. Sorry if I made any mistakes, or if any parts don't make sense... :?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, I wonder whether this series has gotten a proper end or if it did end unfinished like Haruhi for many years...

Darklor

Return to “Teaser Feedback”