Read or Die

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
Not really (give reason)
1%
No (give reason)
1%

Total votes: 99

zhirzzh
Astral Realm

Read or Die

Post by zhirzzh »

Is anyone interested in translating the Read or Die novels? I have the first three ready to scan, and can get the others. I was planing on translating them myself, but that would be a couple of years in the future.

Unlicensed, likely never to be licensed.

I am the translator, but I am mediocre at best, and a novel would be a REAL step up in difficulty for me. I'd honestly be happy if someone else wanted to do it. :)

Edit: Note that while my translating skills are inadequate, I have mild OCD and am a good editor.
Alakazzandra
Astral Realm

Re: Read or Die novels

Post by Alakazzandra »

I would be willing to translate, and I actually own the first two novels. I did a bit of it at http://translateordie.livejournal.com last year, and then my thesis took hold. It would be great to have someone edit it, as I tend to have difficulty making my prose flow even when outside the constraints of someone else's story.
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Matt122004 »

If you can get the first chapter translated, this project is as good as approved. :)

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
zhirzzh
Astral Realm

Post by zhirzzh »

Alakazzandra wrote:I would be willing to translate, and I actually own the first two novels. I did a bit of it at http://translateordie.livejournal.com last year, and then my thesis took hold. It would be great to have someone edit it, as I tend to have difficulty making my prose flow even when outside the constraints of someone else's story.
I actually read that. I was sad when you stopped. I'd be glad to edit it for you, and can scan the third book for you (I can also scan the first two if it's convenient for you).
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Hint: Regular delivery of Jugglypuff and kirbys upon posting of a new chapter will encourage her work to accelerate significantly.

:mrgreen:
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Is this going somewhere?I don't see it on the wiki,and I'm interested somehow(as a reader).
Alakazzandra
Astral Realm

Post by Alakazzandra »

I'm to page 25 now, and as the first section is 46 pages and that needs to be done before posting on the wiki, this will probably be ready to go by the end of the month (but not likely earlier; huzzah for my 50+ hour workweek).
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Wow that's alot...looking forward to it this month,good work!
Alakazzandra
Astral Realm

Post by Alakazzandra »

Ok, just sent the last batch of pages in the prologue off to zhirzzh to be checked. Should be ready to get this posted on the wiki quite soon.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Remember to talk to the supervisors to get this project going:onizuka-gto/bicube/DarkoNeko(not on forums).
That being said,good luck.
Alakazzandra
Astral Realm

Post by Alakazzandra »

Thanks for the reminder!
zhirzzh
Astral Realm

Post by zhirzzh »

The first chapter is done (it was actually done done while the site was down), and I've contacted the supervisors.

Edit: The Emails I sent to onizuka-gto and The_Naming_Game got bounced back. Biocube's Email isn't listed. I have PMed all of them.

Edit 2: As I have little doubt of it being approved, I'm adding it.
zhirzzh
Astral Realm

Post by zhirzzh »

It's made.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well you seem to have all the pages required including the first chapter, although i must confess, the chapter 01 seems awfully short.

are you sure you didn't miss any pages? It does say it's starts from page 10-11, were previous ones illustration?

Anyway, just need some clarification as to check that this is indeed a complete chapter, then away it goes.

:D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Raws would help. Are any available for this project?

=Smidge=

Return to “English”