Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

lyndover
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by lyndover »

this is some awesome novel.. at first i thought this would be boring.. but when i get at the removing mask/marriage part, seems like it's gotten very interesting for me.. though i got a bit disheartened cause its still incomplete.. but i will be expecting more from this..

seriously.. thanks for the people who gave their effort for translating this LN..

your efforts are truly appreciated from me and the others who started reading and liking this series..

best regards and more power
sinnershot67
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sinnershot67 »

I agree that this is quite interesting. Well, I'm a sucker for MCs with tragic/sad past or strong MCs, so this one has captured my attention. To the translators and editors: thank you for the translated chapters. You've introduced us to a series with potential. :D
Senseless.
setsuna86
Astral Realm

Post by setsuna86 »

I open a thread here in animesuki for Rakuin no Monsho. We can chat about that there if you want.
i1111991
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by i1111991 »

Wow... This is good. There only 3 completed chapter so far but it already captive me so much.

Thanks for the all the people involve in the translation of this novel. I really appreciated your affords.
I can't wait for an update.
Shirofune
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shirofune »

If possible, can I become an editor to this series? I love the story so far and I would like to contribute.
This will be my first time editing but I'm fluent in English. I'm also quite confident in my grammar and would love to help out.

My name on the wiki is "Shirofune"
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

You're free to become an editor to the series. I left a message on your talk page.
Muklas
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Muklas »

These stealth updates are not good for my heart.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Muklas wrote:These stealth updates are not good for my heart.
Any type of update is good for me :lol:
Muklas
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Muklas »

chancs wrote: Any type of update is good for me :lol:
Aye. I'm refreshing at least a couple of times daily while waiting for a update.
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Hi Dohma. I'd like to offer my thanks for picking up and translating this series. I've also been trying to learn Japanese (thought it's mostly self-taught) and decided to just fling myself into the translating field. I'll also be reading the novel in Japanese, and proofreading your translations and comparing it to my own. I hope you'll accept me as an editor, and possibly consultant on certain Japanese terminologies. Continue the great work!
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Detalz wrote:Hi Dohma. I'd like to offer my thanks for picking up and translating this series. I've also been trying to learn Japanese (thought it's mostly self-taught) and decided to just fling myself into the translating field. I'll also be reading the novel in Japanese, and proofreading your translations and comparing it to my own. I hope you'll accept me as an editor, and possibly consultant on certain Japanese terminologies. Continue the great work!
Well, I'm mostly self-taught as well, so I don't know if I'm very consult-worthy, but I'll try.
I gladly welcome you as an editor/proofreader - it's always nice to have someone check over my translations.
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

So I've been on vacation and haven't had much time to work on translations. So, as a bonus, I translated the map from Volume 3 to give you a general idea of the world. Volume 1 and 2 don't have any maps; also I added Zaim Fortress, because it doesn't seem to be on this map. It's just a simple Paint job, so don't expect too much. Also, some of the names may change in the future because they haven't appeared in the story yet.
Spoiler! :
map vol_03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Haha, awesome Dohma. I was wondering if the future volumes would include a map or not, seeing as how there were so many strategic locations in the text. Thanks for the teaser. Hope you enjoyed your vacation, and welcome back.

Here's a rough draft for character descriptions for the main characters:

Orba - As a young boy, his village was raided by Garbera, and burnt by Mephius. He was then sold into slavery, to work as a gladiator in the Tarkas Group for two years. And then one day, his life of daily strife changed into one of far greater political strife.
Vileena - Garbera Kingdom's third princess. Her hobbies include flying airships, playing war simulations, and other tomboyish activities. She agrees to the marriage with Gil Mephius in hopes of ending the 10-year war between Garbera and Mephius.
Hou Ran - a hired hand for the Tarkas group, the exact details of how she ended up there remains unknown. She is a member of the Ryujin tribe, and is able to hear the voices of dragons.
Gowen - a head supervisor of the Tarkas group, he personally trains new recruits by teaching them fighting techniques, and prepares them for entry into the arena.
Shique - a handsome sword-slave in the Tarkas Group. His extreme popularity with women has left him less than content.
Theresia - Vileena's head maid. She has watched over Vileena since she was young. She accompanies her to Mephius following the marriage decision.

Not sure if I should be more direct with Orba's description. As for Vileena and Shique's descriptions, I feel they could be improved to give a better insight into their character. Thoughts/suggestions anyone?
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Well, the opening colour pages also have character description (although not of all characters), and I was planning on translating those after I finished the volume. This probably won't spoil much of the story either.
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

Hi Dohma, do you mind if I join the translation team? I work pretty slow but I figure every little bit can help you take a load off (Just think of me as a sort of editor that generate new content now and then.)

I am going to work on Chapter 7-Mirage Kingdom to avoid conflicting with your already work in progress. But if you jump pass me at anytime, feel free to do so. I am going to see if I can get Cramped (the guy who did V7 of Madan no Vandris) on board as well.

Return to “English”