Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

Swarz
Astral Realm

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by Swarz »

Thank you very much Dohma, for picking up this project. I've been wanting to read this LN ever since the day I first came across it two years ago. Now, I can finally enjoy the series. Thanks again.
Ayame
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ayame »

Am I the only one who, after finishing all 12 volumes for quite some time now, feels melancholic after stumbling on this thread discussing volume 1? It makes me feel like a parent sending his kid to school for the first time.

For all who ask themselves about whether or not to read this series, please do. It's such a beautiful series with very layered characters and lots of epic moments. I remembered that when i read volumes 7 and 8, which were very, very intense, all I could dream were battles, swords and swords.

If this series were to be animated (sadly, it wasn't very popular) it would be the equivalent (sort of) of Asoif without the gore and so much tragedy. :D
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Well, since there aren't that much people able to perfectly read japanese, I guess there won't be a lot of people here who already finished that series ;)
After all, the others only have 2 chapters ATM. :) Anyway so far, I will keep reading. ^^
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Ayame
Project Translator

Post by Ayame »

Perfect japanese...I wish. Didn't you know, Rikaichan is my best friend :D
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

I must confess I never heard of it! Thanks for the useful hint. It will definitively make my life easier, since I'm pretty bad when it comes to Kanjis :lol:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
IndexArcanum
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IndexArcanum »

Thanks for the translations so far, the novel seems very good. I just wish that automatic translations like google would make more sense, because I hate reading the mangled english it spits out at times.
Azyrion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Azyrion »

Already taken a liking to this LN, thanks for translating this!
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Thanks again for all the nice comments.
Chapter 3 took a bit longer than usual because I was busy with other stuff, but it's up!

And on a note:

I know I'm using a sorta mix between British English and American English. I've been thought British at school and have to write British for work, but in daily life I hear and see much more American on TV and the internet, so that's probably the cause.

Since the project guidelines state American English is the norm, I'll try to keep that in mind for future translations, so don't be surprised if it suddenly changes in the next chapters. And I'll also check back on my previous additions, but I'll probably want to finish Volume 1 first. However, if anybody feels the need to change ou into o, -ise into -ize, and other stuff I probably don't know about (I just heard it's not 'sneaked' but 'snuck' in the US), feel free to do so.

EDIT: Read the posts below. I've decided to keep it in British English, so there's no need to change the text (aside from, of course, the usual necessary edits :) ).
Swarz
Astral Realm

Post by Swarz »

Oh..there are other translators that use British Eng in their translations. So, I don't think you should bother about it much. I for one prefer Bitish Eng. :wink:

Thanks for the chapter 3. Looking forward to the next chapter. :) You are doing a great job. Wish you all the best. :)
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Re British vs American English, the general guidelines do say American, but plenty of translators/projects specify British in the project specific guidelines. So whatever the translator wants usually works best. For the simple spelling differences (ou/o, ise/ize, ...) it's pretty quick to change them either way; Microsoft Word spell check will find and change those to whichever the language setting is. Though, the spell check doesn't always flag differences in verb form like your sneaked vs snuck example. For vocabulary differences, the most common ones tend to be terms from modern society (ie. cell phone vs mobile phone, torch vs flashlight), so there likely wouldn't be too many of them given the story's setting. So my main point is, if you decide you'd like to switch to all one form or the other, most of it would be pretty easy (and I'm sure myself and others would help).
walker
Astral Realm

Post by walker »

just wanted to say thank you.
Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Swarz wrote:Oh..there are other translators that use British Eng in their translations. So, I don't think you should bother about it much. I for one prefer Bitish Eng
Cthaeh wrote:Re British vs American English, the general guidelines do say American, but plenty of translators/projects specify British in the project specific guidelines. So whatever the translator wants usually works best.
In that case I'll just stick to what I've already written. I also prefer British English, I'm more comfortable with it. So, anyway, you can forget about my earlier comment on editing the previous chapters!
mikkosep
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
Rakuin no Monshou

Post by mikkosep »

I just want to say thanks. Your releases always made my day. Count me as a fan of yours
cirious
Astral Realm

Post by cirious »

Thank you very much for picking up this project, I am very much looking forward to reading this series. :D
rizo536
Astral Realm

Post by rizo536 »

Thanks for your effort. I look forward to reading your work, and will probably help edit as well.

Return to “English”