Golden Time

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Golden Time ?

It was good! Please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 876

Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Golden Time

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sorry... No offense, but where did this pop out from...?
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3465
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

If there's enough interest in this novel, you would probably want one of the better translators to work on it (though I think they are tired of Takemiya). I continue to work on Toradora Spinoff 2, until or unless popular demand insists otherwise. I prefer to finish what I start.
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Lol apart from finishing up a few lines to make seitokai no ichizon into a full project, I haven't touched translation at all. Haven't seen kinny around much either o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

It occurred to me as I was falling asleep last night that Banri was the track club captain in the prologue. All through the prologue, in the original Japanese, you see references to the 副部長, or assistant manager, and to the club manager, but no references to a captain or president. Originally I had thought that Kanada, the manager, was the team captain, all the more so because he had little sense of humor. But my Japanese friend informed me that was not so, that the "manager" was actually the club administrator, or secretary. That post is usually occupied by a female (and school sports clubs are gender-separated), which was yet another factor in the confusion over Banri's gender.

I had assumed that Banri was simply a regular team member, since the impression given by the book's artwork was of a very shy person. But now that I realize that the Banri of the prologue is a very different person from the Banri of the story, it makes sense now. Banri was the club captain.

The prologue serves to make it all the more shocking and mysterious his personality change, which at the beginning of the story is not at all explained. The first line of chapter one is simply "Tada Banri ran, half crying." He's apparently a rather different person from the "Idiot Senpai" of the prologue.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

this a little off topic as I sit in my hotel room in Seoul reading B-T stuff :), but does Golden Time post get a place in Toradora subforum because of the author?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Yes. At the time I created the topic, all we knew about the book was an upcoming books announcement from Dengeki Bunko. Later, after I finished my translation of the prologue, Darklor created the teaser page and an topic in the Future Projects Teaser Feedback forum.

If there's enough complaint about it, I'm sure the administrators will move things around appropriately for the long term.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Isapfe wrote:There is an article on Golden Time (in Japanesse).
Somebody Russian translated the Japanese wiki page in his own way, and now I've done the same in English. I'm not quite done with the cast of characters (neither was the Russian), but I ought to have that done tomorrow sometime. There's not much text left to translate.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Time_(novel)
Eyes of silver
Astral Realm

Post by Eyes of silver »

rpapo wrote:
Isapfe wrote:There is an article on Golden Time (in Japanesse).
Somebody Russian translated the Japanese wiki page in his own way, and now I've done the same in English. I'm not quite done with the cast of characters (neither was the Russian), but I ought to have that done tomorrow sometime. There's not much text left to translate.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Time_(novel)
You did not try to translate into English a subtitle of the first volume - 春にしてブラックアウト ?
Enton
Astral Realm

Post by Enton »

You did not try to translate into English a subtitle of the first volume - 春にしてブラックアウト ?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

My translation of that is "A Blackout in Spring".

In any case, I was not done with the wiki page. It was getting late for me, so I set it aside for today. There's still a bit of material in the Japanese Wiki page that needs translation.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

I've translated all the content from the Japanese wiki page and placed it in the English wiki page, so now it's in a reasonably good state to be hacked and wacked by the general public. I may have mistranslated part of it, but that's always a possibility, since I'm not Japanese.

I have no idea what the extra content on the Russian page is.
Isapfe
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Isapfe »

rpapo wrote:I have no idea what the extra content on the Russian page is.
They are interesting facts, about characters' age (like you said, middle-schoolers -> high-schoolers -> university students) and the fact that the term "Golden Time" in Japan originates from the term "Prime time".
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

If you want to add such notes to the English wiki, feel free to do so. I was mainly trying to bring the content of the Japanese wiki over into English.
Isapfe
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Isapfe »

Added. Probably messed with (grammar) articles though :)
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

I only had to add one "the". 8)

Return to “English”