Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi ?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 696

jianreyes02
Astral Realm

Re: Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi

Post by jianreyes02 »

Thanks for the translations! :) hope to see Volume 1 soon! :D
random_citizen
Astral Realm

Post by random_citizen »

looking forward for volume 4 pdf.
Quartese
Astral Realm

Post by Quartese »

Translator from Land Down Under???
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Quartese wrote:Translator from Land Down Under???
If you're referring to me, I'm less translator and more editor/random-fixer. TJYYEO has gotten good enough I don't need to go to all the effort of occasionally retranslating lines from Japanese anymore. :)

Anyway, there's at least one 'official' translator who's an Australian lurking around too.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Xeotom
Astral Realm

Post by Xeotom »

TJYYEO wrote:
If there are any sentences that does not make any sense to you, pls message me with that sentence and i'll edit it my own.( sry because I'm not from a country that take English as a first language or it may be a slang from my country.)
Maybe he is not from Australia. Since there still many more countries in the lower hemisphere.
Hokoga
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hokoga »

Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi Volume 4
https://www.mediafire.com/?22o127zg7a3l29c
w/dark background(personal preference)
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

I would love to seem more of this type of novel translated.

By the way I am curious about why vol 2, 3 and 4 were finished before 1. Do not tell me that something bad happened to one of the people who were working on number one? :(

EDIT: I found the manga adaptation of this series here http://mangafox.me/manga/seikoku_no_ryuu_kishi/
I think that this will allow me to go over the volume 1 content and move into the already done second volume without spoilers!
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

octapusxft wrote:I would love to seem more of this type of novel translated.

By the way I am curious about why vol 2, 3 and 4 were finished before 1. Do not tell me that something bad happened to one of the people who were working on number one? :(
From memory, TJYYEO started on v4, and then did v2 and v3 simultaneously, and then started on v1c3. The other translator's last change was an addition to v1c1 about a month ago.
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

That Jessica is like a person that came out of some hentai game
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
EduRitta
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EduRitta »

I read all the translated volumes(2, 3 and 4), and even the portions of volume 1.
I want to thank the translators and the author of the series.
But, what I really want is that someone please start translating this series and resume to date if possble.
I really like Eco, and the story remenbers me of Zero.
Cheering for Eco and Ash.

Yes, I am a foreigner, a Brasilian if you want to know. Sorry for my bad English.
Last edited by yoyoyo5678 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: help him not embarrass himself
I'm brazilian
I love novels and the animes produced from novels
Sorry for the bad English and I'll try to be understandable
Arcsol93
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Arcsol93 »

Great job on the translations so far on it, its going to be interesting to see how much the anime matches up to it. Though I'm curious (I read the rules but I don't know if this still counts.) is this still actively translated?

I saw a little note at the bottom of Vol 1 Ch 3 saying one would be on a slight hiatus from exams but don't know if it was recent because some of the updates on the page were misleading seeing as some more work was done after.

Also I would like to help with the editing on it a little since I saw a few errors here and there and some slang terms which are inaccurate.

Keep up with the great work and take your time with it~
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
estuardo1188
Kyonist

Post by estuardo1188 »

Muchísimas gracias por el gran trabajo y esfuerzo! Ojalá puedan seguir con este gran proyecto.

[Thank you very much for the great work and effort!! Hopefully you all can continue with this great project.]

Arigatō!!
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

anime launched
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

I saw it - the drawing is very poor :(
Link to my user on B-T
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

yoyoyo5678 wrote:I saw it - the drawing is very poor :(
At least it seems better then that Mahou Sensou(?) anime from last season; though my disgust at it's execution may be colouring my opinion of it's art...

It's certainly simplified in comparison to the novel, though it did remind me that I can't recall seeing illustrations of some of the characters in the novels, at least not in colour. I think Jessica is only in black-and-white; and the dragon-obsessed teacher/researcher appears to be wearing a rather stripperiffic outfit in the anime, but I can't recall seeing a picture of her in the novels. :?

Most noticeable re-imaging has to be Ash, who now actually looks like a high-school male, rather then a clone of Kouta from Kanokon. :P Though ironically my first reaction was he looked like Keita from Inukami without his collar. (Appropriate since Keita also suffers from a fiery companion that claims to be his master. :P )

Other thoughts:

There's only one example of the 'normal' seikoku shown in the novels it seems (other then Ash's abnormal one), so it seems they used that for everyone. :( I'm surprised there's only been one example in the novels, given how much skin the girls show at times you'd think it would have been visible on some of them; then again I get the feeling the author/artist forgot about it after v2. :P

For some reason the short intro-bit reminded me of Tenchi Muyo, no idea why. :?

That anime insists on rewriting the order of info dumps to front load them is starting to annoy me; especially when it's introducing things 4+ novels ahead of time.

If the Funimation translations are vaguely official, it's going to be a pain going through re-editing what's currently been translated; there's a lot of fundamental changes. :(

Return to “English”