WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see an english version of WHITE ALBUM2?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 174

ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Post by ce1545 »

I should be done playtesting IC by the end of next week. I have a file of fixes that I'll send to whoever needs them when I'm done.
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: VN project White Album 2

Post by NaokiP »

ce1545 wrote:I should be done playtesting IC by the end of next week. I have a file of fixes that I'll send to whoever needs them when I'm done.
Send a copy to me at [email protected] and I'll forward it accordingly. Thanks for your support!
ChumMagic
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChumMagic »

Thank you for hard working
Good luck
xD
FoleyX90
Astral Realm

Post by FoleyX90 »

Hey guys. First of all, I want to give a huge, HUGE thanks to all of the hard workers that are translating this VN. The White Album 2 anime very quickly grew to one of my favorite romances of all time so I decided to pick up the VN. The translations for the introductory chapter were just absolutely fantastic and I want to congratulate everyone who worked so hard. I really look forward to the Closing Chapter.
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

Naoki, I should be sending you the file of fixes by tomorrow morning.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: White Album 2

Status for White Album 2

Post by sverremunthe »

Is the project with translating WA2 still ongoing? I tried to download the 7z-files, but get a 404 error. Since the progress seems to be slow I was thinking about trying to do some translating myself, even though I don't know much Japanese, using several machine translators at once and some logic it should be possible. And being retired I have some time to spend on it. I have played the VN (all 3 chapters) several times, so I think I have some idea about it.
Sverre
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Re: Status for White Album 2

Post by NaokiP »

sverremunthe wrote:Is the project with translating WA2 still ongoing? I tried to download the 7z-files, but get a 404 error. Since the progress seems to be slow I was thinking about trying to do some translating myself, even though I don't know much Japanese, using several machine translators at once and some logic it should be possible. And being retired I have some time to spend on it. I have played the VN (all 3 chapters) several times, so I think I have some idea about it.
Yep, it's ongoing. I suppose I'm a bit overdue on a status update, but common route of CC is all translated except for file 2018, and I'll upload that somewhere in the next few days.
All the CC files are up on the wiki anyway, so you can copy the raw text from the individual script pages. I'll report the 404 to jon.

Be advised however that machine TL is highly frowned upon and actually goes against our project guidelines. If you really wish to contribute in such a way, please forward your work to me so that it can be reviewed by the other translators before it's uploaded to the site and incorporated into the patch. Thanks.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

NaokiP wrote:
sverremunthe wrote:Is the project with translating WA2 still ongoing? I tried to download the 7z-files, but get a 404 error. Since the progress seems to be slow I was thinking about trying to do some translating myself, even though I don't know much Japanese, using several machine translators at once and some logic it should be possible. And being retired I have some time to spend on it. I have played the VN (all 3 chapters) several times, so I think I have some idea about it.
Yep, it's ongoing. I suppose I'm a bit overdue on a status update, but common route of CC is all translated except for file 2018, and I'll upload that somewhere in the next few days.
All the CC files are up on the wiki anyway, so you can copy the raw text from the individual script pages. I'll report the 404 to jon.

Be advised however that machine TL is highly frowned upon and actually goes against our project guidelines. If you really wish to contribute in such a way, please forward your work to me so that it can be reviewed by the other translators before it's uploaded to the site and incorporated into the patch. Thanks.
This wiki? http://white-album-2.wikia.com/wiki/White_Album_2_Wiki. That's all, but empty.
Sverre
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

sverremunthe wrote:
NaokiP wrote:Yep, it's ongoing. I suppose I'm a bit overdue on a status update, but common route of CC is all translated except for file 2018, and I'll upload that somewhere in the next few days.

This wiki? http://white-album-2.wikia.com/wiki/White_Album_2_Wiki. That's all, but empty.
Actually, he's talking about this one.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... te_Album_2
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

ce1545 wrote:Actually, he's talking about this one.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... te_Album_2
Correct. That's where we're basing our operations out of, and where you can find the translation files/FAQs/guidelines/translated scripts and even download the patch that's updated on a more-or-less daily basis.

That other one is... I have no idea lol.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

Forgot to mention one thing, the thing that actually made me aware of this site, at least in my version of the game.
Spoiler! :
If you answer 1 on the option where you decide to call or text Setsuna, at a later stage, where you find Setsuna in the park after she disappears from the party with the medical students
, the game crashes to the desktop (I get 1 error message, clear that and get the error message where Windows tries to find the error and then closes the game. I'm using Windows 10 pro.
Sverre
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

sverremunthe wrote:Forgot to mention one thing, the thing that actually made me aware of this site, at least in my version of the game.
Spoiler! :
If you answer 1 on the option where you decide to call or text Setsuna, at a later stage, where you find Setsuna in the park after she disappears from the party with the medical students
, the game crashes to the desktop (I get 1 error message, clear that and get the error message where Windows tries to find the error and then closes the game. I'm using Windows 10 pro.
Noted. So that's three places where the game crashes so far, all in script 2009. This is line 1109.

jon pls get to work :lol:
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's an update!

To cut a long story short, we've all been busy with an assortment of moving, college and work. No real progress has been made on the site for about a month now (if not more?), but be assured that things are still moving behind the scenes.

CC Common is almost done, but the crashes still aren't fixed to my knowledge, sadly.

Also, is "Iwatani" checking up on this thread? I need a word with you please.

As always, we're looking for people to help. Translators, editors, you name it.
Spoiler! :
Setsuna's CC route might be done by the end of the year. Maybe. Don't take our word on it, but we'll try.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

Are the Daily Stats updated?

Any chance of making the Coda files available? Just so people can have a look at them.
Sverre
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

sverremunthe wrote:Are the Daily Stats updated?

Any chance of making the Coda files available? Just so people can have a look at them.
The daily stats were updated a little over an hour ago. It's usually updated every day or every other day.

Return to “English”