Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
ecs_norway
Astral Realm

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by ecs_norway »

cloud wrote: You're not blocked according the Wiki user list. Maybe your IP is (IDK). Let us know if you still have problems.
ecs_norway wrote:My account (ecs05norway) is still listed as perma-banned on here. Please unban! Thanks!
Ditto above.
When I try to log in to this forum using that username, I get a message stating that the username is permabanned.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

In that case, we'll need action from an admin or a forum moderator with unbanning powers.

I've edited the first post with the following.
You must clearly state:
- Where you are banned (wiki or forum).
- What message is shown when trying to log on, either by copy-pasting it or giving a screenshot.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Reaper_Phoenix
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Campione!

Post by Reaper_Phoenix »

I only log on a few times and it seems that every time I log on I have to change my password. Today when I logged on I was notified that I was blacklisted. Something to do with spamming. Since I never did that I think it is because of the IP address provided by my ISP which changes every time. The details in the notification also suggested that (eg.: ip yes 2014-03-15 22:03:15 3 username no 0 email no 0).I had to disconnect and reconnect several times just to post this. My user name is Reaper_Phoenix. Also is there a reason why I have to change my password when I log in and do I have to have a different account for the wiki page (I can't log in from there)?
Disciple: When our brains often make up what we see, hear and feel, does that mean this world is an illusion?
Master: (Takes out a wicked looking staff) If I hit you with this, will it be an illusion?
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

ecs_norway wrote: When I try to log in to this forum using that username, I get a message stating that the username is permabanned.
Acknowledged. I don't have unbanning privileges myself, but I see in the logs that Teh Ping accidentally banned you.
Reaper_Phoenix wrote:I only log on a few times and it seems that every time I log on I have to change my password. Today when I logged on I was notified that I was blacklisted. Something to do with spamming. Since I never did that I think it is because of the IP address provided by my ISP which changes every time. The details in the notification also suggested that (eg.: ip yes 2014-03-15 22:03:15 3 username no 0 email no 0).I had to disconnect and reconnect several times just to post this. My user name is Reaper_Phoenix. Also is there a reason why I have to change my password when I log in and do I have to have a different account for the wiki page (I can't log in from there)?
I don't think anyone's reported the password changing problem before you have. I'm not quite sure what to say to that. No one banned your username on the forums, and based on what you described, it does seem like an IP address issue. I'm not a forum moderator with banning/unbanning privileges, so hopefully someone else can help you?

To answer your last question, you do need to create separate accounts for the Wiki and the Forum.

--------

Rolling list of unbans that need to be made:
  • Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "ECS05NORWAY"
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Arcsol93
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Arcsol93 »

Happened to me as I tried to register, I don't know if my original username that I use is notorious around the net or something. (This hasn't been the first time encountering a problem like this on a site.) Anyway it said that my IP was blacklisted but when I tried my alt username which is this one Arcsol93 I got in without a problem. (The original being Arcsol.)

So is it something that I need to worry about or will it pass now that I've successfully registered and logged on? (And if I somehow slipped through the security then maybe have a spam security like capicha or something so it covers the hole.)
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Arcsol93 wrote:Happened to me as I tried to register, I don't know if my original username that I use is notorious around the net or something. (This hasn't been the first time encountering a problem like this on a site.) Anyway it said that my IP was blacklisted but when I tried my alt username which is this one Arcsol93 I got in without a problem. (The original being Arcsol.)

So is it something that I need to worry about or will it pass now that I've successfully registered and logged on? (And if I somehow slipped through the security then maybe have a spam security like capicha or something so it covers the hole.)
I'm sorry, but I don't think there's anything we can do with IP blocks with users who have dynamic IP addresses. Unless you can get us the exact IP address you think is being blocked, there's very little we can do. Apologies in advance. Dynamic IP address users will have to keep reconnecting and eventually they'll get through.

All we have the power to do is exclude either a username or a specific IP address from blocks.

--------

• Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "ECS05NORWAY" (on forum)
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Arcsol93

Post by Arcsol93 »

Ah makes much more sense then, well it shouldn't be a problem as long as I can get in in the end. I'll try to find it if it starts to hassle me. Hopefully the spammer problem gets solved soon, thank you~ :D
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

There is a possibility of an IP range being blocked, however I don't think that'd be the case in here.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I got forum banned
ID: Asvare
Your IP 114.79.17.177 or your username Asvare or your e-mail address [email protected] has been blocked because it is blacklisted.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Guest wrote:I got forum banned
ID: Asvare
Acknowledged. There's no record of you being banned, but the anti-bot system that's currently installed has spontaneously banned people before.

I personally can't resolve forum bans, but you're on the list.

----------

• Could the next moderator please exclude this username from bans: "ASVARE" (on forum)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hu_nk was also banned by accident.

It may be a conjecture, but it's possible that Gmail accounts may be more targeted.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Asvare
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Asvare »

Just testing if I can post.

edit: Though I still got problem when try to change password. I didn't get redirect anymore
Last edited by Asvare on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: testing successful
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Asvare wrote:Just testing if I can post.

edit: Though I still got problem when try to change password. I didn't get redirect anymore
Alright, great, it looks like you're in the class of people that briefly get banned and then unbanned by the system. Thanks for letting us know that you're not banned anymore. Still don't know what to say about password changing...

-------

• Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "Hu_nk" (on forum)
Tor
Astral Realm

Post by Tor »

Hi all,

I'd like to register, but both my email accounts are not allowed due to being gmail.com and hotmail.co.uk domains (which appear to be flagged as spambots).

Can I get a little help getting around this? Thanks!

- Tor
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

It'll be corrected asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
----

Return to “General Help”