New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Joyeuse
Astral Realm

Re: New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Post by Joyeuse »

Hello I'm having a slight issue. I got the app so I can read on the go but when I'm on the app nothing shows up. I search for a novel but nothing shows up and in any language I might add. I go to the website and the novels I search for on the app appear on desktop but in the app nothing shows up. So I don't know what I need to do to be able to read on the go or be able to see them.
I have used the app before like 2 months ago and everything work fine but now that I recently install the app again after swapping phones, and now I'm having this issue. Please help. My phone is a note 5 running android 5.1.1
Thank you.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nandaka »

Joyeuse wrote:Hello I'm having a slight issue. I got the app so I can read on the go but when I'm on the app nothing shows up. I search for a novel but nothing shows up and in any language I might add. I go to the website and the novels I search for on the app appear on desktop but in the app nothing shows up. So I don't know what I need to do to be able to read on the go or be able to see them.
I have used the app before like 2 months ago and everything work fine but now that I recently install the app again after swapping phones, and now I'm having this issue. Please help. My phone is a note 5 running android 5.1.1
Thank you.
Not sure what happen. If you still have your old phone, try to backup the DB then restore it in your new phone.
You can do backup/restore from Settings -> Storage -> Database backup.
mike211 wrote:Hi Nandaka,
I just want to inform you that there is a problem with "Konjiki no Wordmaster". When updating it get stuck on "Downloading external chapter info 762 of 769".
This problem made the "update service" and "download all info" for web function to be stuck due to the same problem.

I check the website and it seem there is a few chapters unlinked.

Could this be the cause of the update getting stuck?
Try to untick Include External Chapter in Settings -> Update and Notification -> Include External Chapter.

Can you get the adb log files? I need to know which page that causing the stuck up.
SystemRez wrote:Hi,

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini with Android 4.4.2.

I wanted to ask if anyone could help me with getting images on my SD card. My current device does not have a lot of storage and images are taking a lot of space. I want to move my storage location to my SD Card but I am having issues.

I believe I have the path right, I am using "/mnt/extSDcard/Images" with the "Images" being the folder I created but when trying to download images they will fail.

Thanks for the help.
What is the error message? You can check the correct path? Normally it should be "/storage/extSdCard" for samsungs.
Visit my blog for other applications.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Change Log for v1.1.39
- Fix Issue #221: Skip external/linked chapter when downloading all chapter from context menu.
- Fix Issue #223: Avoid padding when using high res cover.
- Fix Issue #222: Keep fragment states on rotate.
- Fix small action bar title on landscape mode.
- Implement #224: Enable custom color for <div> without class.
- Implement #220: Save image to download folder.
- Implement #226: Remove redlink=1 chapter if already updated.
- Fix Issue #227: Update image deletion handler.
- Increase to Minimum API to 9 (GingerBread).

Download latest version here: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... d/releases
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.lnreader
Issue List: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReader-Android/issues

You can donate from my blog: https://nandaka.wordpress.com
SystemRez
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SystemRez »

Hi Nandaka,

When trying to download images for the first time the download message will say "Downloading image 'image link' Retry (1x, 2x, etc)" and at the end no message will appear with no images downloaded.

If I go into a single image, then click on the 3 dots on the top right of the screen and click "Download" it will say "Fail to save image to: /storage/emulated/0/Download/image_name.jpg"

As for the filepath, "/storage/extSdCard" would not be rejected like the "/mnt/extSDcard" but images would still be unable to save to the SD card.

From what I found online, the issue may be that writing to SD card is disabled on Android 4.4.x and the only way to get past it would be to root my phone.

If so thanks for the help anyway.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

SystemRez wrote:Hi Nandaka,

When trying to download images for the first time the download message will say "Downloading image 'image link' Retry (1x, 2x, etc)" and at the end no message will appear with no images downloaded.

If I go into a single image, then click on the 3 dots on the top right of the screen and click "Download" it will say "Fail to save image to: /storage/emulated/0/Download/image_name.jpg"

As for the filepath, "/storage/extSdCard" would not be rejected like the "/mnt/extSDcard" but images would still be unable to save to the SD card.

From what I found online, the issue may be that writing to SD card is disabled on Android 4.4.x and the only way to get past it would be to root my phone.

If so thanks for the help anyway.
you can download to the SD card but you have to do it to a specific folder like "/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.erakk.lnreader/files" because Andriod 4.4.x has a security feature that prevents any program from writing to any where on the SD card but to its own directory.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
SystemRez
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SystemRez »

Hi Wolfpup,

I just tried your advice and I am happy to say it works.

Thank you very much, this will help to free up a lot of space for me.
Treyon
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Treyon »

Hi. My issue is that i want to transfer the novels that i have downloaded in the bakareader ex, from my android phone to my computer and then change the format so i can read them in the PC... but im having issues with that... i managed to locate where the files are located... Computer\Treyon Daren Galaxy\Phone\Android\data\com.erakk.lnreader
and there i found 2 foulders, database and projects.
In database there is only 2 files named paged.

In projects there are hundred of files (my novels) named like thumb.php_f=Gakusen_v01_00002 and such, which i guess it means volume 1 chapter 2 of gakusen... so i dont know the format or how to read it in the PC, much less change it to a pdf format or something to read.

But my main problem is that in december date a live was removed for (DAMN THEM) DMCA and as such it affected the baka reader once it was updated.... i did not lose all that i had saved of date a live in the bakareader ex, instead there are red links in the APP wich have nothing on them and the regular links wich i have donwloaded that have the text inside but for some reason they do not appear in the projects foulder in the PC, but i can still access them in the phone and read all chapters of date a live from volume 1 to 11 and even the side stories them without problems... whats going on?... i tried searching for them by putting DAL in the search and i only found the the images...
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

@Treyon:

I'm using SQLite as the DB engine provided by Android. You can open the pages.db using any SQLite compatible db editor (I'm using sqlitebrowser from http://sqlitebrowser.org/)
You can check the DB Structure in github: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... elper.java

For novels hosted in Baka-Tsuki, it will be stored in DB. The chapter list is stored in pages table, and the actual contents is in novel_books_content table.

The files in projects are for the images and external sites (stored in mht or wac).
Edwatero
Astral Realm

Post by Edwatero »

I think there should be a voice reader option
Taper
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Taper »

Last time I was around, I had asked about whether it might be possible to include sync feature so I could be able to switch between two different devices to which you had pointed out as being rather difficult to do. Recently I came up with a possible alternative- could it be possible to back up/export a single novel and bookmarks (rather than entire database), which could be then transferred to PC (and ultimately to another device)?
Roanstalker
Astral Realm

Post by Roanstalker »

Not sure if its just me but I cant seem to download anything. Didn't have any problems before but now I keep getting red links and none of the images loads. for example I accidentally deleted Mushoku Tensei. I refresh and go into the page for this web novel and all the chapter links are red and lead to nothing. I can see them in the browser but the chapters arent available in the app. Not sure whats going on.
Ecchi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ecchi »

Is bakareader (still?) down or its just me? I tried it on my tablet and I get a "The page you specified doesn't exist" page when I open a chapter.

EDIT: There wasn`t a novel cover image either. Tried Regions and Majica to Kenshi.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Ecchi wrote:Is bakareader (still?) down or its just me? I tried it on my tablet and I get a "The page you specified doesn't exist" page when I open a chapter
I think the maintenance changes/break something when the app tried to update the list. Checking on it.
Edwatero wrote:I think there should be a voice reader option
It have Text-To-Speech option (TTS), you can access it from the novel contents menu.
Taper wrote:Last time I was around, I had asked about whether it might be possible to include sync feature so I could be able to switch between two different devices to which you had pointed out as being rather difficult to do. Recently I came up with a possible alternative- could it be possible to back up/export a single novel and bookmarks (rather than entire database), which could be then transferred to PC (and ultimately to another device)?
Maybe a new feature, but not now as I don't have time to do new feature. Maybe you can create a issue in the github, but no promise :D
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

>> Missing novels and images

Found out the root cause, try to enable HTTPS from Settings -> Update and Notification -> Network -> Use HTTPS

If the update is failed due to certificate errors, try to set Load App Keystore to True.

I'll create a fix to ensure the HTTPS option is always set to true.

EDIT: too soon, another cause is because they remove the www. prefix causing this issue too. Code changes is required.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Change Log for 1.1.40:
- Update SDK and Gradle
- Fix Issue #232: Always use HTTPS for network and remove www. from root url due to BakaTsuki site changes.

Download latest version here: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReade ... d/releases
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.lnreader
Issue List: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReader-Android/issues

expect some https issue on old devices due to root certificate is not updated, if you guys got https issue, please report to github.

Return to “Developers and Code”