[Old] Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

andyrobo123
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Official Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader Available no

Post by andyrobo123 »

gabgrave wrote:Hi, I would like to check which directory or where the database for the DL chapters are stored in the SD and internal memory card? Been trying to find them so I can back them up before I reset my phone, but have not been able to do so. I have set the settings to save to SD card and redownloaded the chapters, but still do not see it in the SD card. Any help would be great, thanks!
ben1234 wrote:I found them in the /sdcard/android/data/com.andytank.bakareader folder on my Arc
The files are stored at "/sdcard/android/data/com.andytank.bakareader" however just copying the files off the memory card and then putting them back will not keep them cached after resetting the phone. You will also need to copy the database file from the phones internal memory, which keeps track of which chapters have been downloaded and where they are stored. I am not sure how to copy this file without using Android developer tools or using an Android backup app. I believe that most backup apps requires you to root the phone before they work.
Baka-Tsuki reader for Android phones/tablets.
Search for "BakaReader" in Android market place or download from http://market.android.com/details?id=co ... bakareader
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

Remote Desktop lets me explore my (rooted) phone's internal memory from my computer. I'm not sure if root is a requirement for that though (it didn't ask permission from Superuser so I assume it doesn't)

Another way to do it if you have a rooted phone is to copy the stuff from the internal memory to the sdcard using Root Explorer or something similar
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I'm not sure if it's because of Juicedefender but the reader sometimes doesn't tell me where there are new chapters available.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ben1234 wrote:I'm not sure if it's because of Juicedefender but the reader sometimes doesn't tell me where there are new chapters available.

Please check the options inside BakaReader, make sure the option to check for update is enabled, then you can tweak the update frequency.

leave it for a week and check the website for updates, if you still do not receive updates, then i suggest you remove Juice Defender.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
andyrobo123
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by andyrobo123 »

Did you try turning off Juice Defender? Did it solve the problem?
Search for "BakaReader" in Android market place or download from http://market.android.com/details?id=co ... bakareader
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I tried replacing Juice Defender with Green Power and it seems to update a bit more often now

I'm thinking it has more to do with my constant vacations than it has to do with power saver apps
miceder
Astral Realm

Post by miceder »

Is there any way to view how much of each volume is translated? something like on the wiki, with just chapter names/numbers for those that aren't translated, so you can see that they are there. I prefer to read entire volumes at once, rather than going chapter by chapter, so seeing how much of each volume is available would be nice.

also, much less important, is there a way to download larger versions of the illustrations? sometimes I just like looking at pictures :D
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Did you try tapping on the pictures?
miceder
Astral Realm

Post by miceder »

yeah, tapping them doesn't do anything. The ones in the text are fine quality-wise (clear enough to make out), but the ones on the illustrations section are really small and blurry, so it's hard to make out. As I said, not really anything big, and I'm probably about the only one who cares, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
andyrobo123
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by andyrobo123 »

miceder wrote:yeah, tapping them doesn't do anything. The ones in the text are fine quality-wise (clear enough to make out), but the ones on the illustrations section are really small and blurry, so it's hard to make out. As I said, not really anything big, and I'm probably about the only one who cares, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
I found yesterday that there are some images that don't open when clicked. This is a bug and I will look into fixing it.

What novel/volume/chapter are the images not opening for you?
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

I wish I had a Android Tablet then i would get this app as i would love to be able to read through the novels with out having to be always @ my computer.

:?
wonders if there might come a feature so that people could also check their 'watch list' in the wiki for any changes.
:?:
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Why not just get an Android phone? O_o
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

ben1234 wrote:Why not just get an Android phone? O_o
I looked in to getting a 'smart' phone @ one point recently and the monthly cost was not to my liking (phone bill would double) and i do not wish to switch phone companies.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
miceder.
Astral Realm

Post by miceder. »

andyrobo123 wrote: I found yesterday that there are some images that don't open when clicked. This is a bug and I will look into fixing it.

What novel/volume/chapter are the images not opening for you?
The ones I noticed were in the illustrations for Bakemonogatari vol. 1 and 2. The covers can be clicked on, but all the other images don't do anything.
Also, when going part way through a chapter, if you leave the chapter and go back in, then scroll to the very top to reread it from the beginning, it automatically jumps back to the place you left off. It doesn't happen if you stop it just before you hit the top, only if you go all the way.
Wolfpup wrote:I looked in to getting a 'smart' phone @ one point recently and the monthly cost was not to my liking (phone bill would double) and i do not wish to switch phone companies.
You could try getting one from somewhere other than your phone company, switch the sim card, and just not tell them that you have a smart phone. That's what I did with my nexus one, just had to disable the 3g so I didn't accidentally use data since I don't have a plan for it (wifi still works for internet), and AT&T hasn't said anything about me needing a data plan, so I've had it for 1 1/2 years with just a regular calling plan.
heartnetkung
Astral Realm

Post by heartnetkung »

A very nice application indeed. The font and typography is very easy to read on my HTC desire hd. Love it!

Return to “Developers and Code”