Severe Off-Topic Relocation Policy

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Severe Off-Topic Relocation Policy

Post by larethian »

I think it's a good idea to either delete or move(preferably) all the off-topic posts to the off-topic thread. Having too many off-topic (and they are really off-topic by all measures) posts all over the forum reflects badly on the forum, especially to outsiders. Sometimes, people are not regular here just want to check the status of a project or something, and imagine them trying to find the relevant posts through stream of nonsense.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Server down

Post by Poke2201 »

Well, thats a crap load of posts... I think we should just have a really strict no off topic stuff because I don't want to be the schmuck that has to delete all those.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I too agree that feleting off-topic posts are too much. First, I feel like that they're running the forum :oops: . Maybe we should simply make an 'official page' and a 'talk page' like the wiki.

EDIT: OK, I know, not SIMPLY.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

kira0802 wrote:First, I feel like that they're running the forum :oops: .
You wanted to say "ruining", right?
kira0802 wrote:Maybe we should simply make an 'official page' and a 'talk page' like the wiki.

EDIT: OK, I know, not SIMPLY.
If they want to "flood", people can go to the "Cognitive Dissonance Zone" forum and create a "chat" topic

[Edit]
Wait! There is already a topic like that... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4225 :roll:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Whoa I've been the cause of this server? I guess I was

*put on sunglasses*

the Bomb.

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN DAMN IT!!! :roll:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Well oni told me to stick with the CDZ and I am. anyway I understand the argument of going off topic on the update forums of people's favorite novels so I gonna either stop going off topic there and contribute my best or simply don't post there. happy? since you're the translator you have the excuse to increase post-count.

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Severe Off-Topic Relocation Policy

Post by onizuka-gto »

larethian wrote:I think it's a good idea to either delete or move(preferably) all the off-topic posts to the off-topic thread. Having too many off-topic (and they are really off-topic by all measures) posts all over the forum reflects badly on the forum, especially to outsiders. Sometimes, people are not regular here just want to check the status of a project or something, and imagine them trying to find the relevant posts through stream of nonsense.

I agree.

I think we should move all severely derailed topics to the CDZ forum, after all it was the entire reason why that forum was created.

On the other hand, i disapprove of a strict policy, as used by the Animesuki Forum.

Number of reasons that Animesuki has far more users and cater to a broader selection of communities, that their methods are occasionally warranted.

I propose that if a topic has wandered at leased six post off-topic, within one page, then there is sufficient justification to relocate this topic to the CDZ.

Renaming of the topic should also be applied, to reflect the nature of the current discussion, since it no longer was what the original topic poster intended.

Also News Forum, If there is one thing that has to really stick on topic it has to be this one.

It's updates and news related, so please keep this one better on topic then the others.

I have deleted/cleaned up the "Server Down" topic, as this is one of the few topics that the Big Boss frequent. (For obvious reason).

This is one of those rare times that I have done this and I do not enjoy enacting this.

So please, lets keep at leased the News Forum on topic, frequently.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I would say dont move the whole topics, because without topics where should you post?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

There's the off-topic thread, maybe that can serve as a dumping ground?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Cant we just move individual posts from the time of derailing?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Poke2201 wrote:Cant we just move individual posts from the time of derailing?

that's a good idea, perhaps we should simply, split the topic from where the derailment started and dump that new thread into the CDZ.....

The more I think about it, the better it sounds! :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well, the problem is that it doesn't fix the server problems.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Poke2201 wrote:Well, the problem is that it doesn't fix the server problems.

No point crying over spilt milk! There are some things we can do and some things that only the Big Boss can do.

:/

keeping the forum a little bit tidy so that navigation and information are clearly organised in a way that will be even handed and still allow a degree of freedom of commenting. It's the Wikicommunist way! :]

@Onizukademongto
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well then, that puts my concerns to rest.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”