In light of the recent spam

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: In light of the recent spam

Post by Darklor »

Eternal Dreamer wrote:I already have over 20 posts and have been upgraded to the Project Translator group, but I'm still registered a newly registered user and cannot PM. Could someone please remove me from the newly registered users group now?
Oh, so even the upgrade didnt work? Frell... thought at least this will work...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

Darklor wrote:
Eternal Dreamer wrote:I already have over 20 posts and have been upgraded to the Project Translator group, but I'm still registered a newly registered user and cannot PM. Could someone please remove me from the newly registered users group now?
Oh, so even the upgrade didnt work? Frell... thought at least this will work...
Wait I've also posted over 20, so y am I still pink?
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
Kai Ding
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kai Ding »

A translator of Accel World here, wishing to join the Project Translator group and be free of the pink.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

I just went through all 96 pages of pink users and removed those who had 10 posts or more from the pink list. About 15 or so users are now feeling blue . . .

FYI: There are two people currently authorized to do this, myself and Larethian. I simply didn't know where to look nor how to do it. bestnumber's post alerted me to the need, and I dug around until I found out how to do it.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

rpapo wrote:I just went through all 96 pages of pink users and removed those who had 10 posts or more from the pink list. About 15 or so users are now feeling blue . . .
Actually, you can just go here instead of browsing 96 pages... :roll: :lol:

memberlist.php?g=1296&mode=group&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist (courtesy of KuroiHikari)
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

arczyx wrote:
rpapo wrote:I just went through all 96 pages of pink users and removed those who had 10 posts or more from the pink list. About 15 or so users are now feeling blue . . .
Actually, you can just go here instead of browsing 96 pages... :roll: :lol:

memberlist.php?g=1296&mode=group&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist (courtesy of KuroiHikari)
Well, that helps find the users who need to be removed from the new user group. I still had to scroll forward 40-50 pages to get to the person I needed to promote this time, simply because that link is to a simple report, not to administrative page where you actually remove somebody from the new user group.

Go figure. To promote somebody, one has to remove them from a group . . . in this case a very sticky group called "Newly Registered Users" which for some reason takes precedence over any other kind of user.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I don't know how well the URL will cross over (it should), here is a link that should display all users who need to be promoted. If it doesn't, it's pretty simple, just click "Members" (upper right), then "Find a Member" in the upper left of that page. Make the "Group:" "Newly Registered Users" and for "Posts:" "More than 9". Quite a bit easier than going through the whole group or anything of that sort.

I'll edit this because I re-read what you said and get that's not the problem. :? For that one, I'd have no idea.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Same response as before: both links provide a quick way of discovering who needs promoting. That's nice for determining that you need to promote somebody, and for knowing their names. It doesn't help, unfortunately, with the actual promotion procedure, which can be tedious when the person in question is far down in the alphabet. The list for selection of people to be removed from the Newly Registered Users group is currently 95 pages long, in alphabetical order, with no means to go directly to a part of the alphabet.

It does beat, however, going through all 95 pages simply to determine who must be promoted, if anybody.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

I wanted to know if there's still people looking about the admission in the translator group. Some people are asking me if it's possible for them to join that group. I tell them to apply at the right place but they still didn't get an answer. Is it because they are doing it wrong?
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

rpapo, could you get js06 out of the pink group?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

KuroiHikari wrote:rpapo, could you get js06 out of the pink group?
Done.
Zeru
Kyonist

Post by Zeru »

10th Post, Is this one. So will I be able to use the private message system now?
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Zeru wrote:10th Post, Is this one. So will I be able to use the private message system now?
After I remove you from the "Newly Registered Users" group . . .
hirzy
Astral Realm

Post by hirzy »

not sure if this will help but cant u just alt+f and type the name? it should bring u the the name of the person u type and highlight it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

rpapo wrote:
Zeru wrote:10th Post, Is this one. So will I be able to use the private message system now?
After I remove you from the "Newly Registered Users" group . . .
Isnt this only for those who registered before Oni's change? - All newer users should change automatically their color from pink to blue...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”