My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected" ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1669

IDontCareAnymore
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected

Post by IDontCareAnymore »

Yay another translator. It always make my day complete when I see an update to the page, thanks :D
fronttide
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by fronttide »

nice to meet you all guys^^

iam new translator for My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected Vol3 "Fronttide" ^^, i dont have confidence in my grammer so for any editor out there if you all can correct it, it'll be great help

^^ and sorry for slow translate >_< iam newbie ^^ :shock:
islandi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by islandi »

fronttide wrote:nice to meet you all guys^^

iam new translator for My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected Vol3 "Fronttide" ^^, i dont have confidence in my grammer so for any editor out there if you all can correct it, it'll be great help

^^ and sorry for slow translate >_< iam newbie ^^ :shock:
Thanks for the work so far. Hopefully you should be feeling Deja-vu.

I've been trying to contact you for a while - okay only two days and one e-mail. I've pretty much done, apart from one or two that I really need your help with understanding, correcting the grammar mistakes of what was written. Anyway I wanted to change some sentences, nouns and what have you so the translation would be clearer. I made a discussion page on "my talk" so you could see my reasoning. I'm sorry I've changed the translation now, I couldn't resist, but my reasoning is on my "talk page" - you're interpretation is still saved in the worst case scenario. If you have problems finding said "talk page", answer here what you think about finding an English equivalent for those Japanese sound effects? Also I'm wondering if we should translate terms like Onii-chan and just have a reference at the bottom.
IDontCareAnymore
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IDontCareAnymore »

^If my opinion counts, I prefer the terms like Onii-chan and honorifics as it is. Please not too much localization, I want to feel that I am reading a japanese light novel. :wink:
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

islandi wrote:If you have problems finding said "talk page", answer here what you think about finding an English equivalent for those Japanese sound effects? Also I'm wondering if we should translate terms like Onii-chan and just have a reference at the bottom.
From spending way too much time going over the other projects on here...

Sound Effects: Translate the ones that can be translated, if you can't find an obvious equalivent put the Japanese literal one in, and footnote with "this is supposed to be <this sound>" or something similar. That way if someone editing works out what it is they can do the replacement later.

Honorifics/terms of endearment/etc: Most projects seem to leave anything that gets -san/-sama/-chan/etc in. Some will footnote them on the first instance of the term in a volume, others won't bother since there's already too-many-bloody-footnotes already (<cough>Campione!</cough>). Other terms that tend to be kept in are "soandso-sempai" ("Upperclassman soandso" is just clunky) or "kaichou" ("Student Council President" is fine if it's once off, but when used every other paragraph for a few pages in a conversation it sounds clunky again).

It's probably easiest to skim some of the other school-related stories on the site (High School DxD, Hidan no Aria, Campione!, C3, Silver Cross and Draculea, Oreimo, Baka to Test, and so on), and see what they use and how they feel and decide from there.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
fronttide
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by fronttide »

denormative wrote: Sound Effects: Translate the ones that can be translated, if you can't find an obvious equalivent put the Japanese literal one in, and footnote with "this is supposed to be <this sound>" or something similar. That way if someone editing works out what it is they can do the replacement later.
sound effect already translated for example "with trembling shoulders (wana... wana *sound effect)"

wanawana mean trembling, and in original LN author also use same style 肩をわなわなとふるわせている (kata wo wanawana furuwase te iru)
Ruedenor
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ruedenor »

Thanks for taking time translating this.

As reading light novels gives better details than watching anime, I am glad this won't be ignored.
venom
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by venom »

Sorry for the slight hiatus everyone! I was out of the country (unplanned), and although I had internet access, I couldn't get myself to TL it while I was away from home.
A very rough translation is now up for the Prologue of Volume 2!
islandi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by islandi »

Hey Venom and Fronttide. A user from Anime Suki wanted to thank you both. The following is the user's post.

"Do you have any insight on who the translator is? or if the translator is reading this thread from time to time? just in order to express my gratitude to him/her on the job done, not an easy LN to translate as it seems the ideas expressed are quite deep, but al in all, I just wanted to seize the occasion to thank him/her if he/she happens to read these lines.
This story is quite the captivating one and it the first time in a long while that I have been so taken into one.
And thanks also to every member of the information chain to put the summaries together in the same place, really a life saver"
SkyRanger
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SkyRanger »

keep it up guys, we want more :D

thanks a lot for using your time to translate this delicious light novel, only a few captivated me like this one
wild21
Astral Realm

Post by wild21 »

thanks for translating this guys....
please keep it up, this novel pretty interesting...
hamdesal
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hamdesal »

thanks for the translators working on the series hope they can catch up to the anime :D
moneng85
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by moneng85 »

thank you very much for the translation!!! without it i would never have the opportunity to read things like Japanese light novels!!!
wish i could read Japanese but i couldnt :( so once again thank you very much!!! i will look forward to your releases!!! :P
have been reading baka-tsuki light novel translation since 2 years ago but new in the forum :D :mrgreen:
AbyssRain
Astral Realm

Post by AbyssRain »

Hi there! I was just wondering, since I started watching the anime series and I'm freaking obsessed over it, is it that they haven't been done yet or is there a link to the other Translated chapters for My teenage romantic comedy apart from Chapter 1?
Thanks, I look forward to reading them :3!
islandi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by islandi »

AbyssRain wrote:Hi there! I was just wondering, since I started watching the anime series and I'm freaking obsessed over it, is it that they haven't been done yet or is there a link to the other Translated chapters for My teenage romantic comedy apart from Chapter 1?
Thanks, I look forward to reading them :3!
I don't know about other translated chapters. However, light novel summaries of volumes 3-7 plus extras are available. Note the anime is planned to cover volumes 1-6 and it is planned to add original content for episode 13. The following is a link to a compilation of the summaries and extras.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... tcount=283
Last edited by islandi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Abandoned”