No Game No Life

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading No Game No Life?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1177

TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: No Game No Life

Post by TUSF »

dab5621 wrote:When will they quit screwing things for us fans who now have to wait years for there next volume of there series.
I don't think that's how they see it.
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
woodentiger
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by woodentiger »

Such a fun light novel :mrgreen: it's really a shame the translator team couldn't finish the 6th volume..

Why does the project have to shut down? I mean, manga scans are common but they are not forced to stop. >_<" Can't the translators continue while removing the light novels that are being published in the licenced country ?
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

Yen Press tries to bite more than they can chew at a respectable pace again
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

octapusxft wrote:Yen Press tries to bite more than they can chew at a respectable pace again
Implying they haven't casted for more translators and can actually keep a one-per-three-months pace.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Psychic Kitty
Astral Realm

Post by Psychic Kitty »

I am confused I went to their website and couldn't find any mention of them licensing this title.
^_^;

IN fact for the next months all the way up to March 2015 I don't see this title at all...sorry no January 2015 release.

They have news announcements about what they have gotten but this title is not listed at all.
>_>

So what is going on? Last update on their site was a few days ago....so it is being updated.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Psychic Kitty wrote:I am confused I went to their website and couldn't find any mention of them licensing this title.
I don't think they update their Yen Press website very often. If you want to see the news on something labeled "Yen Press," then look at their twitter. The first announcement was in an interview published on another site.

------

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this one. I like more localized translations, and I noticed the fan TL's seemed to mimic the Japanese-style formatting (ie. brackets), which seemed to be extra abundant in this novel. So I'm curious how Yen Press will handle it (I expect they will be further in my preferred direction of more localization).

But even if they don't localize as I expect, it'll still be good to have more official translations. Hopefully this title will sell well for them, since the anime seemed reasonably popular.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Cthaeh wrote:But even they don't localize as I expect, it'll still be good to have more official translations. Hopefully this title will sell well for them, since the anime seemed reasonably popular.
All newly licensed series are potential big sellers (comparatively). To be honest, I don't fear much for the translation itself. I'm worried about the editing. Haruhi, for instance, could be more than it is. It's not bad. But c'mon, they're professionals.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
ShaRose
Astral Realm

Post by ShaRose »

I still kind of hope drinkingwater'll post chapter 3 up, then maybe we'd at least be allowed to finish the volume.
d3rrial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by d3rrial »

Now that it's licensed to be translated officially, will the community translation cease immediatly? I kinda wanna know how Vol. 6 progresses ;)

Edit: Also why are there no ebook versions of this? Has nobody volunteered yet, or were they taken down due to the license?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

^Re above post: Yes, downloadables are removed from the forum immediately upon licensing according to the abandoning policy. And Misogi posted regarding whether the translation would be allowed to continue a few pages back.
Misogi wrote:The following facts must be said, but it's obvious that it'll lead to negative reactions. (I'll see if it's worth ending my break from BT activities.)

According to the Abandonment Policy, here are the conditions for completing unfinished volumes:
- Registration before the license announcement. Only Drinkingwater fits the condition.
- No further activity 5 months before the release. We're around 7 months.
- More than half the volume should be completed. Volume 6 seems to be below that point.

As the last condition is not fulfilled, it means that the translation would end now. If a higher-up can confirm this, that'd avoid misunderstandings. Thanks.
d3rrial
Kyonist

Post by d3rrial »

Spoiler! :
Cthaeh wrote:^Re above post: Yes, downloadables are removed from the forum immediately upon licensing according to the abandoning policy. And Misogi posted regarding whether the translation would be allowed to continue a few pages back.
Misogi wrote:The following facts must be said, but it's obvious that it'll lead to negative reactions. (I'll see if it's worth ending my break from BT activities.)

According to the Abandonment Policy, here are the conditions for completing unfinished volumes:
- Registration before the license announcement. Only Drinkingwater fits the condition.
- No further activity 5 months before the release. We're around 7 months.
- More than half the volume should be completed. Volume 6 seems to be below that point.

As the last condition is not fulfilled, it means that the translation would end now. If a higher-up can confirm this, that'd avoid misunderstandings. Thanks.
Oh, I must've missed the post. Thank you for reminding me! :)
Sad to see this abandoned
Oblivion 0117
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Oblivion 0117 »

Man a bunch of my favorite LN's have been gettin serialized! While I'm happy that they're finally starting to bring them over here... it kills me at the same time because it will be years before I get to read any new material :cry: take HnA for example the fan translations ended around volume 12 right? Been to long to remember exactly where but anyway the people who has it licensed is releasing it at what 2 volumes a year? So following that it'll be around 6 years before we see anything new :cry: fortunately it won't be as bad with this since this is newer. I'm not really sure of Yen's release rate so it could be that they will catch up in a halfway decent time frame but... I'm not immortal you know?! :cry:
d3rrial
Kyonist

Post by d3rrial »

Oblivion 0117 wrote:
Spoiler! :
Man a bunch of my favorite LN's have been gettin serialized! While I'm happy that they're finally starting to bring them over here... it kills me at the same time because it will be years before I get to read any new material :cry: take HnA for example the fan translations ended around volume 12 right? Been to long to remember exactly where but anyway the people who has it licensed is releasing it at what 2 volumes a year? So following that it'll be around 6 years before we see anything new :cry: fortunately it won't be as bad with this since this is newer. I'm not really sure of Yen's release rate so it could be that they will catch up in a halfway decent time frame but... I'm not immortal you know?! :cry:
I agree with you. If only Japanese LNs would be written in Romanji... Kanji are extremely horrifying... I tried to translate the LN myself using Google Translator, unfortunately Google doesn't know all of the Kanji and I have a lot of trouble drawing some of the more intricate ones, especially since they're also hard to read... I have the deepest respect for anyone who can even read the symbols used in the Japanese language. Well, I'll continue this project until I have digitized the entire Volume 6, by that time the official translation should be released I guess :P

Thanks to the translators who have made this project come this far, even tho I regard NGNL as the best Anime+LN Series I have seen up until now, the fact that you don't have to worry about translating this series anymore, means that you can pick up other fun projects (or not, who knows ;) ).

Edit: By digitize I mean I re-draw every symbol by hand and let googles detection magic work to convert it to a unicode character.
Alystair
Astral Realm

Post by Alystair »

ShaRose wrote:I still kind of hope drinkingwater'll post chapter 3 up, then maybe we'd at least be allowed to finish the volume.
Ugh yeah, stopping translations halfway though Vol. 6 is just brutal. If I had known it was over I wouldn't have kept reading after Vol. 5. Leaving things on a cliffhanger is one thing but here I feel like I'm dropping the story mid-sentence.
PHoToS999
Astral Realm

Post by PHoToS999 »

Alystair wrote:
ShaRose wrote:I still kind of hope drinkingwater'll post chapter 3 up, then maybe we'd at least be allowed to finish the volume.
Ugh yeah, stopping translations halfway though Vol. 6 is just brutal. If I had known it was over I wouldn't have kept reading after Vol. 5. Leaving things on a cliffhanger is one thing but here I feel like I'm dropping the story mid-sentence.
I feel the exact same way ;_;

I desperately want to know how this story ends. I've been following it for a very long time.

Return to “Abandoned”