Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

joko
Astral Realm

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: General

Post by joko »

[quote="abbad0n"][quote="joko"]
yes, but material burst is more ADVANCE type from his decomposition magic.

it's much more difficult and when he is casting MB using Third Eye he is Vulnerable for a period of time.[/quote]

It's not that Tatsuya is vulnerable for a period of time. Only as long as it takes to complete MB. Once that is complete or he stops implementing it he can go back to using other variants of his magic or his Artificial Magic Calculation Area.[/quote]

yes, that's what I mean.

especially in volume 8 when he cast MB without Third Eye. he need to focus on decomposing the target.

he can't do anything when he is casting MB.
zwabbit
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zwabbit »

Sashiko wrote:the Honour Student is languishing from a lack of Morisaki love.
Hmm, you don't say. :P

I'll have to see if I have that volume with me here instead of back home, though if Amelia really is that short I might take a stab at it.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

abbad0n wrote:
joko wrote: yes, but material burst is more ADVANCE type from his decomposition magic.

it's much more difficult and when he is casting MB using Third Eye he is Vulnerable for a period of time.
It's not that Tatsuya is vulnerable for a period of time. Only as long as it takes to complete MB. Once that is complete or he stops implementing it he can go back to using other variants of his magic or his Artificial Magic Calculation Area.
Being vulnerable only for as long as it takes to complete MB is being vulnerable for a period of time -_-
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

I doublechecked, I was wrong, it is 41 pages with 2 illustrations making it 39. It has a lot of conversation so it does look fairly easy until the fight scene where you get into the costume descriptions and ability descriptions which look like a pain. Still, since I'm doing Lolicon, it is probably the shortest segment that has no registered translator right, now. Though, I think there might be some kind of audio drama that got made.

Sashiko
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Gohankuten wrote: Being vulnerable only for as long as it takes to complete MB is being vulnerable for a period of time -_-

If I recall correctly, he was tracing bullet (it need's time to travel that far...) before used Material burst, and with he destroyed ship / fleet, he was searching for target, because he needed to pick not to much, or to less... So the magic itself, didn't take a lot of time to execute, all the time he wasted, was because of target for magic
werewolf
Astral Realm

Post by werewolf »

before you reead please understand that i am in logical point of view and not biased with either religion or science
WAIT correct if im wrong but

Gram Dispersion (weakest of tatsuya decomposition magic) it decomposes magic codes/ rituals to psion that is useless

Mist Dispersion (most utilized tatsuya decomposition magic) Decomposes substances into basic particles. The level of decomposition can range from molecules to elements to subatomic particles.

Mist dispersal (strongest tatsuya decomposition magic) is not breaking down materials to atom but instead atoms/ mass to energy. come on people e=mc^2. In this concept, mass is a property of all energy; energy is a property of all mass; and the two properties are connected by a constant. This means (for example) that the total internal energy E of a body at rest is equal to the product of its rest mass m and a suitable conversion factor to transform from units of mass to units of energy.

but do yo think he can use his an advanced ver. of regrowth to i dont know rewrite edios to make someone immortal *cough* himself *cough* age wise. should be called wither.
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

I also thought about that, if regrowth heals him subconsciously then it might be possible that regrowth will stop him from aging when reaches a certain age and he wont even be able to stop it from doing that.
\
TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

werewolf wrote: but do yo think he can use his an advanced ver. of regrowth to i dont know rewrite edios to make someone immortal *cough* himself *cough* age wise. should be called wither.
From what we know, he can redo changes made in last 1h time, sooooo, basically, he can all the time use same version, after 59m recast magic, and again after 59 min, so it will use the same version from don't know when... but there must be a catch to it probably.
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Samael609 »

It have ben said that he can track change in eidos up do 24 hour before, but in my understanding regrow is a kind of copy/paste of previous information so if he memories information body he can paste it whatever time has past. On an annother order can't he paste information body of an another object resulting in a kind of transmutation ?
sinner
Astral Realm

Post by sinner »

Hey guys, I have a question about something regarding Cardinal Code. Here's the passage:
"A diploma from a magic high school was a prerequisite for attending the National Magic University, but there were always exceptions; especially, talented individuals who might have discovered a "Cardinal Code" would immediately qualify for the examination process even without a magic high school diploma.So long as Tatsuya wished to do so, he would immediately obtain that right and simply passing the examination would not trouble him in the slightest."

Does this imply that Tatsuya have discovered a Cardinal Code, or does it only imply that Tatsuya can immediately obtain the diploma because he is a talented individual? Because I' remembered reading before that Leo asked Tatsuya if he discovered a Cardinal Code and Tatsuya answered ambiguously(or never answered at all, not sure.)
InfamousSoul
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by InfamousSoul »

werewolf wrote:before you reead please understand that i am in logical point of view and not biased with either religion or science

Gram Dispersion (weakest of tatsuya decomposition magic) it decomposes magic codes/ rituals to psion that is useless

Mist Dispersion (most utilized tatsuya decomposition magic) Decomposes substances into basic particles. The level of decomposition can range from molecules to elements to subatomic particles.

Mist dispersal (strongest tatsuya decomposition magic) is not breaking down materials to atom but instead atoms/ mass to energy. come on people e=mc^2. In this concept, mass is a property of all energy; energy is a property of all mass; and the two properties are connected by a constant. This means (for example) that the total internal energy E of a body at rest is equal to the product of its rest mass m and a suitable conversion factor to transform from units of mass to units of energy.

but do yo think he can use his an advanced ver. of regrowth to i dont know rewrite edios to make someone immortal *cough* himself *cough* age wise. should be called wither.
It was material burst that decomposed matter and converted it into energy. Also he can't rewrite information that is over 24 hours in the past. I doubt he can recast it every 23 hours. Also, the author makes it clear that no one can cheat death.
Don't regret what you have done, for when you do it's all over. You have limitless potential; strive to be the best you can be.
geni
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by geni »

sinner wrote:Hey guys, I have a question about something regarding Cardinal Code. Here's the passage:
"A diploma from a magic high school was a prerequisite for attending the National Magic University, but there were always exceptions; especially, talented individuals who might have discovered a "Cardinal Code" would immediately qualify for the examination process even without a magic high school diploma.So long as Tatsuya wished to do so, he would immediately obtain that right and simply passing the examination would not trouble him in the slightest."

Does this imply that Tatsuya have discovered a Cardinal Code, or does it only imply that Tatsuya can immediately obtain the diploma because he is a talented individual? Because I' remembered reading before that Leo asked Tatsuya if he discovered a Cardinal Code and Tatsuya answered ambiguously(or never answered at all, not sure.)
I think the author kept the cardinal code part a mystery for now... (it does seem like something Tatsuya is very capable of doing)
but Tatsuya being let into University would definitely be cos he's talented.. and most likely the university would be able to find out that he is 'Silver'
  • Whoever may read this... if any remain to read it..
    Weep for us who have no more tears.....
    Pray for us who are damned alive.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

sinner wrote:Hey guys, I have a question about something regarding Cardinal Code. Here's the passage:

It is heavily implied that Tatsuya knows all(or at least multiple) of the cardinal codes he just can't reveal them.
Kadzu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kadzu »

InfamousSoul wrote:
werewolf wrote:before you reead please understand that i am in logical point of view and not biased with either religion or science

It was material burst that decomposed matter and converted it into energy. Also he can't rewrite information that is over 24 hours in the past. I doubt he can recast it every 23 hours. Also, the author makes it clear that no one can cheat death.
I believe that when the author said "no one can cheat death", it meant that Tatsuya cant resurrect someone already dead. But with regrowth Tatsuya might be "almost" immortal because he would recover from many severe wounds almost instantly and if he uses regrowth to turn his body 24 hours in the past everyday,he wont age. Regrowth works different in Tatsuya`s body since it heals him unconsciously against his own will ,so he might stop aging when his body reaches a certain age,and he wont be able to stop that.
\
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

I have a question to translators and people who can read this in original:
How does Mahouka compare to other light novels? Does it still "qualify" as light novel? I have my doubts about it after seeing the contents, but I don't know what makes a novel "light".

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”