Mahouka: General

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 7748

TheLaG
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: General

Post by TheLaG »

Gohankuten wrote:I feel sorry for Maya now after reading that. But one thing the world can be glad of is that the Yotsuba did not have someone like Tatsuya at that time. Just thinking of what Tatsuya would do if something like that happened to Miyuki is scary. Really if something like that happens to Miyuki I think the world is a good as gone.

World, don't think so... but nation, yes, will be gone or at least few cities leveled with earth and all responsible, erased :evil:
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

[quote="TheLaG"][quote="Gohankuten"]I feel sorry for Maya now after reading that. But one thing the world can be glad of is that the Yotsuba did not have someone like Tatsuya at that time. Just thinking of what Tatsuya would do if something like that happened to Miyuki is scary. Really if something like that happens to Miyuki I think the world is a good as gone.[/quote]

World, don't think so... but nation, yes, will be gone or at least few cities leveled with earth and all responsible, erased :evil:[/quote]
uhh... i think tatsuya would not be that nice
i mean death would bring them peace aren't they ?!

on the other note i guess tatsuya would destroy (yes destory not erase) all their love one, the people they knew, their family and more to come
and finally in the end there would be mass suicide case for the police to handle
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Guest wrote: uhh... i think tatsuya would not be that nice

on the other note i guess tatsuya would destroy (yes destory not erase) all their love one, the people they knew, their family and more to come
and finally in the end there would be mass suicide case for the police to handle
Nah, Tatsuya don't feel hatred, so probably he will just reduce everything connected to responsible people, not just hunting down specific family members or loved one, but Material burst city or erase people in government / organization responsible, nothing more, nothing less.

From my point of view, he will do same thing like his grandfather (Miyas and Mayas father), but much more effective :!: :twisted:
zelkstone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zelkstone »

Speaking of Tatsuya's Material Burst, is there a limit to how much energy he can actually release?

Let's get some facts in:

A water droplet created an explosion to destroy a large ship. Equal to 1,000 tons of TNT.
A Flag created an explosion to destroy an entire fleet, while a tidal wave destroyed a few bases and cities. Equal to 20,000,000 tons of TNT.
Tatsuya has a large Psion count than the average magician. How large exactly, we don't know.
The range in which they targeted the Large ship(The water droplet) for firing the First Material Burst was 80 kilometers.

Here are the questions:

1. Does Tatsuya release the energy inside the object, or does he inject it with his own energy to start the explosion?
2. What is the most safest distance that he must be in to use Material Burst? So as to not get caught up in the explosion and to even see the target clearly. 80 kilometers might even be the minimum distance required.
3. Can he use Material Burst on large objects such as trucks, trains, ships or even buildings? As in targeting the whole thing, not just a part?
I'm a NEET and a Grammar Nazi. Who you want me to be depends on you.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

TheLaG wrote:
Guest wrote: uhh... i think tatsuya would not be that nice

Nah, Tatsuya don't feel hatred, so probably he will just reduce everything connected to responsible people, not just hunting down specific family members or loved one, but Material burst city or erase people in government / organization responsible, nothing more, nothing less.

From my point of view, he will do same thing like his grandfather (Miyas and Mayas father), but much more effective :!: :twisted:
Actually when it concerns Miyuki Tatsuya does feel emotion. It has been demonstrated many times to rage he goes into when Miyuki is the target of danger. And I really think Tatsuya would be so distraught if something like that happened to Miyuki that he would destroy the world.

At Zelk I think there is no size limit but he has to be careful since if he did something too large it would probably destroy the whole planet. As for distance he could conceivably be on the otherside of the planet from it if there was something he had touched with his magic there for him to lock on to. As for safe distance it depends on the size of the explosion he creates as to what the minimum would be.
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Gohankuten wrote: Actually when it concerns Miyuki Tatsuya does feel emotion. It has been demonstrated many times to rage he goes into when Miyuki is the target of danger. And I really think Tatsuya would be so distraught if something like that happened to Miyuki that he would destroy the world.

At Zelk I think there is no size limit but he has to be careful since if he did something too large it would probably destroy the whole planet. As for distance he could conceivably be on the otherside of the planet from it if there was something he had touched with his magic there for him to lock on to. As for safe distance it depends on the size of the explosion he creates as to what the minimum would be.
Well, we know that if he locked on object, distance doesn't matter, there was a chapter about it :D Also, we can probably assume, that he could modify objects he need and place them there he need a big "KABOOOM!", then just travel somewhere and activate, also, probably you can fire rocket with modified warhead on which Tatsuya is locked on then distance is no problem :D

The main advantage of satellite system (probably range also is not limited), is stealth, Tatsuya can use magic and not being discovered :) But all projectiles, can be traced easily.
joko
Astral Realm

Post by joko »

[quote="zelkstone"]Speaking of Tatsuya's Material Burst, is there a limit to how much energy he can actually release?

Let's get some facts in:

A water droplet created an explosion to destroy a large ship. Equal to 1,000 tons of TNT.
A Flag created an explosion to destroy an entire fleet, while a tidal wave destroyed a few bases and cities. Equal to 20,000,000 tons of TNT.
Tatsuya has a large Psion count than the average magician. How large exactly, we don't know.
The range in which they targeted the Large ship(The water droplet) for firing the First Material Burst was 80 kilometers.

Here are the questions:

1. Does Tatsuya release the energy inside the object, or does he inject it with his own energy to start the explosion?
2. What is the most safest distance that he must be in to use Material Burst? So as to not get caught up in the explosion and to even see the target clearly. 80 kilometers might even be the minimum distance required.
3. Can he use Material Burst on large objects such as trucks, trains, ships or even buildings? As in targeting the whole thing, not just a part?[/quote]

Einstein's Relativity

E = M.C^2

E= energy
M = Mass
C = Speed of Light ( 2.9 x 10^8 metres per second )

As you can see, even a tiny ammount of mass when multiplied by such a huge number (C) yeilds an incredible ammount of energy.

so forget the trucks, just imagine 1 Kg of water.
v-die
Astral Realm

Post by v-die »

Wasn't the flag already 1kg?
Samael609
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Samael609 »

It have been said that the only emotion that he kept was fraternal love upon myuki so i found suspisious that tatsuya can enrage on myuki behalf : if he can enrage for the sake of one people he must for others.

p.s. joko : tatsuya use material burst on a 1 kg flag it's the same as 1 kg of water the question about the limit mass of the target pf material burst is a good one, if the target is an object whitout regard of his mass if tatsuya target the moon he can probably blast the entire solar system ....
crisisavatar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crisisavatar »

I find it hilarious that the author tries to gate Tatsuya with a "super special cad" when tatsuya much like the solver of all formulas in dd sees everything bare with the exception of those wierd artifacts. Is not like the dude owns one of the top facilities for creating such devices, oh wait ....

Also all mention of his psion count we know til now has been before Miyuki released the Conqueror and when that happened the surge that was released was described as blinding so yeah ... that is on another level now.
zelkstone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zelkstone »

Einstein's Relativity

E = M.C^2

E= energy
M = Mass

As you can see, even a tiny ammount of mass when multiplied by such a huge number (C) yeilds an incredible ammount of energy.

*Realizes that the Earth is made up of 70% water*

*Shudder*
I'm a NEET and a Grammar Nazi. Who you want me to be depends on you.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

joko wrote:
Einstein's Relativity

E = M.C^2

E= energy
M = Mass

The flag Tatsuya targeted was 1kg so we already saw the results of 1kg detonation. It was equivalent to 20,000,000 tons of TNT. And before he detonated 50mg(0.00005kg) of water for taking out that ship which was equivalent to 1,000 tons of TNT. Now think if he detonated something larger. Truly terrifying the possibilities.
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Gohankuten wrote: The flag Tatsuya targeted was 1kg so we already saw the results of 1kg detonation. It was equivalent to 20,000,000 tons of TNT. And before he detonated 50mg(0.00005kg) of water for taking out that ship which was equivalent to 1,000 tons of TNT. Now think if he detonated something larger. Truly terrifying the possibilities.
Well, if he detonates car parked in the center of a town, probably town will be obliterated, and destruction radius will be some kinda 200km :D

small math 1kg = 20 Mt, then 1t = 20 Gt, emmm, holly crap, better to destroy bicycle (20 kg = 400 Mt), coz 20Gt is a little overkill :twisted:
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ulrick »

My next translation project will probably be either "dubious lolicon" or "wonderland".

And abbad0n: the name of Mayumi's father will be revealed in volume 9

Sashiko
I am looking forward to it and thanks for the information.
Dolus
Astral Realm

Post by Dolus »

[quote="Samael609"] p.s. joko : tatsuya use material burst on a 1 kg flag it's the same as 1 kg of water the question about the limit mass of the target pf material burst is a good one, if the target is an object whitout regard of his mass if tatsuya target the moon he can probably blast the entire solar system ....[/quote]

Highly improbable, the area containing planets in our solar system might be destroyed as a chain reaction if the blast manages to make the sun go supernova, but only a small fraction of our galaxy actually contain planets, and only making the sun go supernova would take a truly monstrous amount of energy.

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”