Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

Post by Ulrick »

The best thing for everyone would to erase the 1st eight volumes, and to continue, because, we dont know if they will publish everything.

But Baka Tsuki's rules are different, and we have to respect them.
harks87
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by harks87 »

is pdf and epub files will made for v14 and 15 when it is finished
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

harks87 wrote:is pdf and epub files will made for v14 and 15 when it is finished
for volume 14 ... some pdf's are probably going to be made (and maybe maybe epub's as well).

Volume 15 most likely won't be translated on BT, since unlike volume 14, it's translation is not 50% finished, so working on it would be against the BT cessation policy :(
persnicular
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by persnicular »

japzone wrote:Noooo, why Yen Press? :cry: They take so long to release the volumes and Mahouka is already 15 volumes in.

I wish we could just keep it translating and only remove the volumes that are published. I can't wait 5+ years just for Yen Press to catch up. At least finish the arc so we're not left on a cliffhanger for 5 years.
It would be great if work that's been done and predates licensing could stay up until published under license, even if new translations are stopped.

Wonder if students who translate text for class and post online will be penalized. Okay, teachers can only assign work that's in the public domain, right?
Ulrick
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Ulrick »

ChrisB38 wrote:
harks87 wrote:is pdf and epub files will made for v14 and 15 when it is finished
for volume 14 ... some pdf's are probably going to be made (and maybe maybe epub's as well).

Volume 15 most likely won't be translated on BT, since unlike volume 14, it's translation is not 50% finished, so working on it would be against the BT cessation policy :(
Mahouka , unlike many others, doesn't have an arc per volume and they are at the middle of the current one. They can still translate until the end of the arc.
shiaira
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shiaira »

Ulrick wrote:Mahouka , unlike many others, doesn't have an arc per volume and they are at the middle of the current one. They can still translate until the end of the arc.
Oh really? That's awesome!! :D

A friend of mine is teaching English in a Japanese highschool. I'm gonna harass him to assign a class project to translate some random LN. Is that wrong? hehehe~
amtro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: MAhouka!

Post by amtro »

Can we get a confirmation on that? I'm sort of new to these forums, so I don't know if you're a credible source or not. No offense.
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Ulrick wrote:Mahouka , unlike many others, doesn't have an arc per volume and they are at the middle of the current one. They can still translate until the end of the arc.
I believe this is incorrect as the cessation policy refers specifically to the current volume rather than current arc.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Hatsunekai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei!

Post by Hatsunekai »

I think they're translating until vol. 15. In the previous pages, the translators are already taking dibs on chapter 6-9, and according to the Baka-Tsuki website, chapters 1-5 are under vol. 14 and 6-9 (I think until 9) are under vol. 15 :)
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Hatsunekai wrote:I think they're translating until vol. 15. In the previous pages, the translators are already taking dibs on chapter 6-9, and according to the Baka-Tsuki website, chapters 1-5 are under vol. 14 and 6-9 (I think until 9) are under vol. 15 :)
The problem isn't the fact that someone has taken dibs on chapter 6 - 9.

It's the fact that ... in it's current posted form, volume 15, isn't 50% translated and only those volumes translations can be finished under BT regulations after the translated project has been licensed.

During the Cessation Period, each translator may only work on the translations for ONE VOLUME that is nearly complete.

This volume must be 50% or more translated.
The translator must have been previously registered for that volume.

If no volumes meet the conditions for continued translation by a registered translator, he/she may not work on the project during the Cessation Period.
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Hopefully they'll allow some leeway since there are active translators about and there's still 2 months before the 5 month period
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
amtro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: MAhouka!

Post by amtro »

Anons I've spoken to claim that the admin is a completely backwards chinese dude who hosts this site on a server in the US despite being a resident of china himself. This makes any sort of avoidance from YP's claim a mere dream. Regardless, this isn't the thread for discussing that.
Erbrah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erbrah »

Is the afterword going to be translated? I'm a wierdo who likes to read them.
L_rz
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: MKnR

Post by L_rz »

Ok. Updated 3.4. It was pretty complex, with many tech defs that had me there for a while. Onto 3.3, but ETC to be on the safe side of 4 to 7.
xxdestinyzz
Reader

Post by xxdestinyzz »

Just asking if vol 14 chapter is still translating and will it be uploaded to the web?

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”