Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

General discussion related to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SamuraiNCO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mahouka Volume 14 Unrest in The Ancient Capital

Post by SamuraiNCO »

I don't remember Shiba Tatsurou or his wife Sayuri appearing since volume 7 so it might be time for some drama there. The character referenced only once that I would really like to see sometime would be the former student president whose Thesis presentation was banned. It sounded like they were quite a legend.
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

Sashiko wrote:Plus to hopefully kick off more discussion, try to guess which character that hasn't shown up in at least the last 2 arcs makes a surprise appearence in volume 14?
How about Lina? Or is that not two arcs ago? It's hard to draw the lines outside of the major ones....

PS: Who is that with Miyuki on the cover? Is that the hinted person? If so I have no idea. Hard keeping track of what characters look like in a book full of mostly words, and the similar sounding names don't help either. The one thing I hate about this series is how the names sound so similar inside my primitive English brain.
SamuraiNCO
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SamuraiNCO »

japzone wrote: PS: Who is that with Miyuki on the cover? Is that the hinted person? If so I have no idea. Hard keeping track of what characters look like in a book full of mostly words, and the similar sounding names don't help either. The one thing I hate about this series is how the names sound so similar inside my primitive English brain.
That looks like Sakurai Minami to me. So maybe some Imouto/Guardian yuri then...?
Flash
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flash »

Raymond S. Clark? Or Naotsugu.
nr42
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Well, I saw the Novel Illustrations online, and
Spoiler! :
I saw Mari in the Novel Illustrations, so it's going to be Mari and the antagonist seems to be some blond dude.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

Nr42 posted:
Well, I saw the Novel Illustrations online, and
Spoiler! :
I saw Mari in the Novel Illustrations, so it's going to be Mari and the antagonist seems to be some blond dude.
I have already stated that Mari was not who I was speaking of when I mentioned that a character unexpectedly reappeared in volume 14. Mari was such a big part of so many arcs, I felt reappearing after graduation was natural.

As for the other part of Nr42's spoiler, volume 14 is the first time that character has been illustrated but, it is not the first time that character has appeared.

Sashiko
TheLaG
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TheLaG »

Sashiko wrote: As for the other part of Nr42's spoiler, volume 14 is the first time that character has been illustrated but, it is not the first time that character has appeared.

Sashiko
So if it's the first time, then it's some elders probably, not Tatsuya's classmates or students @ school. Omg, why did you said something like this? Now we will try to guess :D Ok, my guess will be:
  • - Kokonoe Yakumo
    - (Mayor) Kazama Harunobu (or someone from 101 battalion)
    - Ono Haruka
Don't know who else might be more or less valid here :)
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Naotsugu has already been illustrated, so that excludes him.

I would have said Raymond Sage Clark, but he was in v11 so that violates the 3 arcs-hint. Yakumo is also exclude because of this rule, although he is illustrated in v14. And also Kazama and Lina(if she were to have had an operation :oops: ) are excluded because of this.

OK, to summarize: we are looking for:
Spoiler! :
  • - A blond male (or at least a male; hair colours can change)
    - Who appeared("showed up") somewhere between volumes 1-10, but did not appear in volumes 11-13
    - who has not been illustrated before
    - going from the picture seems to be able to "wield" electricity
agentx80
Astral Realm

Post by agentx80 »

TheLaG major Kazama Harunobu as already been illustrated before in volume 8 chapter 8.
Sashiko
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sashiko »

I'm sorry but NR42 has made an incorrect assumption. I guess I did not explain things properly. The character that has been absent for a long time does not appear in the volume 14 illustrations.

Perhaps, this will help. The character that makes a surprise reappearance has shown up in the Anime version.
Spoiler! :
What I was trying to say was the so called blonde guy was not a completely new character introduced in volume 14. I did not mean he was the same person I had incited speculation about
I hope this clears things up.

Sashiko
Mithradates
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mithradates »

Going to have to go with Sayuri Shiba then; about time they discuss the magnatama artifact again. (Since its been a year, right?)
Mahesvara
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mahesvara »

The new character is
Spoiler! :
Kudou Minoru, who Minami falls in love with at first sight
nr42
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nr42 »

Mahesvara wrote:The new character is
Spoiler! :
Kudou Minoru, who Minami falls in love with at first sight
Yes, that seems most likely.

But that also tramples our hopes that the imouto yuri-scene might get a follow-up.
deanimation
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by deanimation »

Sashiko wrote:Perhaps, this will help. The character that makes a surprise reappearance has shown up in the Anime version.
Director Ushiyama? Shiba Tatsurou?

btw Sashiko, I have a question if you don't mind.
Are there any fight scenes in volume 14?
Since it's the first part of an arc so I was expecting there may be none at all.
darkgo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by darkgo »

I want to know where can you see v 14 illustration, because I cant find them?

Return to “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei”