Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 473

blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Legend of the legendary Heroes

Post by blewin »

I just read the prologue. Awesome!! Is the narrator Ryner? It sounds like his style. I wonder who it is that "loves" him? that girl (spy) in the anime? I don't even remember her name anymore.
larethian wrote:Hi, I'm back. :D
At my current rate, this will probably be around 20 to 30 pages a week, if I don't fly.

that will be about 1 volume every 3 months, with 1 chapter every 3 to 4 weeks or so.
I think 20-30 pages a week is quite fast. 1 chapter a month is actually average, so in fact, you'll be releasing faster than other series, especially stalled series. Don't feel pressured to get a lot done... because soon you'll find yourself saying translating is such a pain. It's not worth doing. Personally, I think setting a schedule is good in terms of taking up a project and really taking responsibility for it, but then life is life. So please do take it easy. :D
KieR
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by KieR »

@larethian
One of translators in my group is translating color pages and 4coma. When they will ready I will add them to Wiki. And don’t thank, we doing it for Ferris :)

If you curious how it will look like check Novel Illustrations in 1st SAO Volume it will be work of same editor.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

blewin wrote:I just read the prologue. Awesome!! Is the narrator Ryner? It sounds like his style. I wonder who it is that "loves" him? that girl (spy) in the anime? I don't even remember her name anymore.
larethian wrote:Hi, I'm back. :D
At my current rate, this will probably be around 20 to 30 pages a week, if I don't fly.

that will be about 1 volume every 3 months, with 1 chapter every 3 to 4 weeks or so.
I think 20-30 pages a week is quite fast. 1 chapter a month is actually average, so in fact, you'll be releasing faster than other series, especially stalled series. Don't feel pressured to get a lot done... because soon you'll find yourself saying translating is such a pain. It's not worth doing. Personally, I think setting a schedule is good in terms of taking up a project and really taking responsibility for it, but then life is life. So please do take it easy. :D
It wasn't explicitly stated, but the narrator is either Ryner or
Spoiler! :
Sabishigari no Akuma
. Because in japanese, the 'I' is actually 僕(boku), and Ryner uses 俺(ore), so unless he used to use boku when he was younger, then it could be the later, but it definitely has to be either one of them. That girl you are talking about is Milk. But I doubt she is the one mentioned.

Thanks for the tip and no worries for me being burned out and pressurized, because I won't really give myself pressure. I believe the project will get more translators in time which will move it to completion fast with parallel translations. For me, it's something I want to translate, so it's not that drear. It can be a bother at times when I encounter difficult sentences or vocab I don't know. The former is more frequent, the later less. I just take it as a way to revise my Japanese before I officially go back to further my Japanese studies. Just as if I'm allocating for studying Japanese daily, I'll be making time to work on 3 to 5 pages per day for about 5 days a week, which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. The time killers are the long sentences which takes up a few lines, with lots of particles and conjunctions that are abnormal for my English brain. Such a sentence can take me up to 15 minutes (worst timing so far) to create the English equivalent, for just that sentence alone! Other than those sentences that are the main cause of the pain, the pace feels smooth. But I do feel a lot better, that the pace I've set myself is not overly slow.

@KierR I haven't read that yet but it sounds great! For me I'm not particular about quality of english or even consistency, as long as the meaning or intended delivery of meaning or emotion by the author does not diverge too far from the original one. Those are the jobs of editors and supervisors right?
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Ok, I'm done with chapter 1 earlier than I expected. Since I'm away for the whole weekend, not to mention I have a gundam 00 movie date on Sunday :D , I decided to put it up earlier, so enjoy :D

I just noticed I have to email the supervisors rather than PM, which I did to request for project upgrade. Is PM sufficient? Cos I can't seem to find the email addresses of the supervisors :(
Diasen
Astral Realm

Post by Diasen »

Awesome.
Loved your translation of chapter 1.
The light novels are really good.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Diasen wrote:Awesome.
Loved your translation of chapter 1.
The light novels are really good.
Thanks! Incidentally, the project has already been ok'ed by bicube. Just waiting for TLG-sama to put up the link. :D
Oh yeah, if you enjoyed chapter 1, look forward to chapter 2. Ferris will have you laughing so hard! :lol:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If the the project is accepted as a full project the thread can be moved into the Auxiliary Brigades section.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Chapter 1 was really great!!!

Thank you for the translation.
Shadowfate0
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfate0 »

Thank you great read looking forward to the next chapter. :)
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Just read the first chapter. Awesome! this is.... so different from the anime. Because it's the sequel, I've no idea what's going on though. It's really hard to imagine Ferris saying those words (the total opposite of how she used to call Ryner idiot and monster). And this relationship between Sion and Ryner... Sion's true form? Ryner's father is a Roland noble and is alive? uhh. I don't get anything anymore. I hope the anime will explain some of Ryner's past.

anyway, excellent job. Thanks for the translation!

by the way, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Auxiliary Brigades?
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

I'm just gonna wait till anime finished then have a whole bunch of novel to read :D. Is the anime gonna cover the whole prequil?
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Thanks all for your comments! And Blewin, good job with CSR as well! Regarding the topic move, we need some godly people with more rights to do it. I'm pretty busy this week now that I'm back at office, and haven't yet have time to create a naming / terminilogy thread, since I'll be prioritizing the translation over that.

And the anime should cover everything in the prequel, even though some parts may be rushed. The prequel will cover the some parts of the pasts of Ferris, Ryner, his parents, and very briefly what happened to Sion before he became king (as you can see from vol 1 & chap 1 of the sequel and if you refer back to anime's episode 3 where Sion first met Lucile and went into the inner chambers of the house with him), and also a bit of background between the legendary powers, but most of the later will be touched on in the sequel.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

larethian wrote:and haven't yet have time to create a naming / terminilogy thread
I'm sorry. I have to admit I laughed. You've barely started a project and you already think about that stuff. Kudos for the ambitions and the effort you want to put in in the long term, but you really don't have to worry about it.
(D)DNYND shouldn't be as big and complicated and partially absurd as CSR yet (I'm thinking of all the names xstar put so much effort in), so there's really no need. Especially since you are the only translator and don't even have an editor yet. Not that you'd need it as soon as you get an editor, as long as you can communicate well enough. To tell the truth, I haven't ever checked the conventions for Hakomari (the project I edit) that Eusth ('my' translator) has put up. So don't bother with it yet.

By the way, the funny part: I didn't expect the 'trend' to codify conventions to spread. At all. The fact that it does with a fledgling project is therefore hilarious. To me, at least, and that's enough for me.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

larethian wrote:Thanks all for your comments! And Blewin, good job with CSR as well! Regarding the topic move, we need some godly people with more rights to do it. I'm pretty busy this week now that I'm back at office, and haven't yet have time to create a naming / terminilogy thread, since I'll be prioritizing the translation over that.

And the anime should cover everything in the prequel, even though some parts may be rushed. The prequel will cover the some parts of the pasts of Ferris, Ryner, his parents, and very briefly what happened to Sion before he became king (as you can see from vol 1 & chap 1 of the sequel and if you refer back to anime's episode 3 where Sion first met Lucile and went into the inner chambers of the house with him), and also a bit of background between the legendary powers, but most of the later will be touched on in the sequel.
Havent read your translation... i am tempted to read the chinese one if it ever comes out, since I did read the chinese version for the presequel. Anyways, a naming/terminilogy thread would probably only be needed if you have more than one translator, because there may be slight differences in the naming conventions. It was needed for things like Shakugan no Shana, where some terms can come in several forms and all be right, like the titles of the Denizens and Flame Haze etc...

Basically its like a format for the translators to follow, so if you are working alone like me m(T.T)m, you don't really have to worry about it. Even editors probably won't use it, since they trust that the translators know what they are doing, unless they are lazy translators like me haha!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

The thread can be moved into the Auxiliary Brigades section
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”