looking for Sword Art online Raws

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

looking for Sword Art online Raws

Post by ArchmageXin »

Hi folks:

Anyone can point to me where I can find the chinese simplefied raws? I accidentally forwarded BT's site to a good friend of mine and now she insist I go translate the gaps for her >.>;;
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: looking for Sword Art online Raws

Post by arczyx »

If I remember right, Teh Ping is translating the volume 10 right now, so just tell her to wait patiently (if the gaps you mean is volume 10 of course).
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

arczyx wrote:If I remember right, Teh Ping is translating the volume 10 right now, so just tell her to wait patiently (if the gaps you mean is volume 10 of course).
No, she want to read one of the side stories, Rondo or something.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Hmm, I'm not sure if there's Chinese version of that. If i'm not mistaken, it's being translated off the web version (that's already taken down). And that it should be included in the upcoming SAO:Progressive volume 1. But I'm not certain
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Spoiler! :
Anyone called for me?
Ahem, anyway...

To quote BeginnerXP:
BeginnerXP wrote:Just a small news: It's confirmed in Accel World 12, that ME7: Continuation - Aria in the Starless Night will be included in SAO Progressive volume 1, under the name "Reason of the Whiskers", along with Aria & Rondo SS. SAOP1 will be on sale on October 10th.
I won't be free in October due to exams, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to help out in the translations for this story. We'll most likely delete the web versions once Progressive is translated. ME7 and Aria will be edited, but we'll need manpower for Rondo, so I'm looking for help for this chapter itself.

Anyway, requesting RAWs itself openly is against the rules...
Unlicensed Anime, Manga & Novels only

Baka-Tsuki does not wish to be associated with unlawful and ethically unacceptable activities (e.g. piracy). For this reason all Messages requesting, providing, or otherwise discussing information about the use of illegally obtained media, or any service that aids in the illegal acquisition of such media, is expressly forbidden. The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

* Fansubs of Licensed Anime
* Scanlations of Licensed Manga & Novel text
* Any untranslated anime videos (Anime Raws)
* Any untranslated manga scans (Manga Raws)
* Any high-res artbook scans (Artbook Raws)*
* Illegal copies of software (e.g. ROMs, ISOs, "warez", etc.)
* Anything used to illegally circumvent copy protection (e.g. serial numbers, "cracks", etc.)
* Direct copies of DVDs or CDs ("rips") of any kind (e.g. MP3s made from anime OSTs)

* This list is not exhaustive. Ask a member of staff if you are unsure about posting content.
I know it's ironic for a website like ours, but that's what it says. It's the Taboo Index.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

I'll do "Reason of the Whiskers" no matter if it's some small edits from the author or a major change. About Aria & Rondo, it's depend on Pryun, I guess.

While I agree that Aria should be deleted once SAOP1 is done, but ME7 is part of the entire Material Edition set, so it should stay.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

So chinese simplified raws is also forbidden? I thought it was only japanese raws...
ArchmageXin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArchmageXin »

arczyx wrote:So chinese simplified raws is also forbidden? I thought it was only japanese raws...

Ironically, I found a chinese raw page, and it wrote "Wiped out by Mahou-chan (aka mistress copyright) :lol: " I would purchase a copy of Rondo whatever so I can read it to this girl directly (make a romantic evening!), but it has to be in Chinese.

maybe I could do it on skype and make it the first baka audio release :mrgreen:
M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

Wait, does Chinese version even count as RAWs? They're technically scanlations in the Mandarin language
ArchmageXin wrote:I would purchase a copy of Rondo whatever so I can read it to this girl directly (make a romantic evening!), but it has to be in Chinese.
lol, you dawg!! :mrgreen: Well, good luck with that. Remember, google is friend, not food.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

Rondo wouldn't be against the rules.
It's not any sort of "illegally obtained media", it was hosted publicly on the author's homepage.

Anyway, there aren't any "Chinese raws" for Rondo.
Go search Chinese sites and see if anyone translated it there instead.
Like mentioned earlier, it's not officially published yet, so there's no official Chinese version or anything.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”