Character name-appearance withot explanation

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Astral Realm

Character name-appearance withot explanation

Post by Guest »

I am reading the sixth volume, and i am wondering, at chapter 14, the character "Death Gun" (earlier described as "Sterben"-in game name, from begining until now) becomes "Steven" as Kirito speaks of him)...is this a translation error?
"sterben" is first introduced in chapter 9, and this character name is the same until chapter 13, where kirito uses the name "steven" instead of "sterben". Asuna explains the "misspell" sterben-steven first in chapter 14. For someone who reads it the first time (like me), ive got confused, why suddenly "steven" instead of "sterben". Also, is it possible, that two persons translated the same volume, and one of them used the term "sterben" until chapter 13, and the other continued with "steven" at chapter 13. kirito used the name "steven" without explaining them one chapter before Asuna explains it, so why?

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”