SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online getting animated

Post by Pryun »

Based on PV there might be First day before that.
wanfai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wanfai »

The only thing I'm hoping for is for each arc to be a entire season, with SAO mixed in with the side stories. In SAO the main story mixed in with the sides would be more than enough for a normal 12 episode season, or at least thats how I see it. After that, Fairy dance could also be a entire season, depending on how they mix it up, and GGO could, be a entire season, but it depends on the reception by then. i'm really just guessing that halfway through SAO, their gonna look at japanese reception, and decided weither to end it at SAO or continue it to Fairy dance. I know that everybody looking at this form, and this post knows abou SAO and likes it to a reasonable level, and even I would buy the series and accessories and toys that goes along with it, but i doubt that the company producing the animation would look at american reception considering half the stuff that comes here are pirated in the first place, not saying that we have pirated stuff here... well unless it goes to a point where a official translation team in america decides to translate/sub it like Crunchyroll or Funimation, then they might care about who joins membership and how many of them watch SAO at the same time Japan airs it, and who goes and buys from crunchyrolls deal of the day. The only thing i'm REALLY hoping for is that it doesn't end like "the legend of the legendary heros" anime... cliffhanger ending with no end...
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rednal »

Option 1: Ends when Aincrad finishes, Kirito meets up with Asuna offline, Happy End 'n all that after twelve episodes.

Option 2: Story continues through Alfheim.

Option 3: Season 2 covers both Alfheim and GGO in about six episodes each.

Option 4: Twelve episodes per story arc!

Or something like that? o.O Depends on how much they decide to do serious plot, and how much basically mindless fanservice... I won't object to anything that results in an animated Sinon, though.
firestalker5
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by firestalker5 »

I understand the series is going to be 2-cour [24-26 episodes] There is no DEFINITE information about what volumes the series is going to cover, but they have mentioned at least one character that first appears in ALO Arc will have a voice actor, so a lot of speculation is that they'll do volumes 1-4. Personally I think that will be best for now... the ending in Volume 4 was a really good ending for an anime... Plus you can still come back and do the other volumes later since they all pretty much start up new after that.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Found in Animesuki.
Saw the preview of episodes 1 and 2 of SAO. It's going to be epic. Funnier than Accel World.

OP is okay, I guess. No more details here.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Wait, the preview? The advance screening in Japan? It just ended a while ago, so I doubt there's anywhere to find it on the web...
Seriously? If so, I'm so darn envious.

Anyway, for everyone else, there's the 2nd trailer (top left, fancy new website design, btw).
Animation looks to be really fluid. I frankly have no problem with it.
Just a couple weeks more...
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Tap wrote:Wait, the preview? The advance screening in Japan? It just ended a while ago, so I doubt there's anywhere to find it on the web...
Seriously? If so, I'm so darn envious.

Anyway, for everyone else, there's the 2nd trailer (top left, fancy new website design, btw).
Animation looks to be really fluid. I frankly have no problem with it.
Just a couple weeks more...
French preview, today at 11h (GMT+1) in Paris, at the same time as Japan.
One thing is sure: music and soundtrack are epic. As expected.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Do want...now.
I wish we didn't have to wait for it till the 7th. XD
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
WindSlash
Astral Realm

Post by WindSlash »

UTW(Unlimited Translation Works) and GotWoot will sub the anime together. I have high expectations for this one. So, if it's going out in July, it will air when Accel World is still also airing?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Yep.
That's why it's gonna be a good time for fans of Kawahara Reki.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Does someone knows the name of SAO's scriptwriter? There's still nothing on his identity, as far as I know.

Edit : Looks like it's the director, but I'm not sure if he's supervising it.
----
firestalker5
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by firestalker5 »

Don't know the scriptwriter, but I do know that Kawahara Reki was present for just about all of the scriptwriting meetings...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anime-s ... art-online
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

History dictates that the SAO anime will start out strong like most A-1 shows then end off with a whimper
firestalker5
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by firestalker5 »

ben1234 wrote:History dictates that the SAO anime will start out strong like most A-1 shows then end off with a whimper
I concur, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping they don't screw it up too bad. At least stay true to the original series... Don't go making crap up and changing the story around to suit what you want. PLEASE!
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

It really start out strong, reaction on the discussion forums in both JP & EN are very positive, I do hope they can keep up the quality.

At least Lisbeth's hair color is now corrected in the first episode, not pink like in PV1.

From the opening song at the end of episode, I think the entire first cour will be Aincrad only, as expected, and ALO in the second cour. But I pretty surprised after seeing list of episode names from JP board.
Spoiler! :
2話「ビーター」 'Beater'
3話「赤鼻のトナカイ」 'Red-nosed Reindeer'
4話「黒の剣士」 'The Black Swordsman'
5話「圏内事件」 'Murder Case in the Area'

While I guess they will follow the chronological order but I didn't expect they will do Murder Case at all, and only in 1 episode to boot, so now they have to cram 3 volumes into 12-13 episodes.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”