Volume 10 Translated ETA?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 10 Translated ETA?

Post by ben1234 »

I think someone should invent something that would let people punch each other in the face through the Internet just for Ping
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

ben1234 wrote:I think someone should invent something that would let people punch each other in the face through the Internet just for Ping
VRMMMO's come to mind or maybe I've just been reading too much SAO....
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Ghizz you should be grateful at Teh-Ping for all the hard work he did on the past 6 month. He could have chosen to translate ZnT instead of SAO and I'm not sure if you would have had a volume 10 to impatiently wait.
Ghizz
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ghizz »

I don't understand where all this hate is coming from.

I am very grateful for Teh_Pings work, and am just wondering if he has an ESTIMATED TIME where he will be done translating. I am not asking for a definite answer, and emphasis ASKING, not demanding.

Jeez louise.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The rules say don't ask, as simple as that.

Let's just put in this way, if SAO has just 10,000 readers, and everyone asked him, how do you think it's going to turn out? And, you and I know, SAO has way more readers than that.

This isn't professional translations he's doing, he has real life, he translates when he feels like it (this is pretty much how BT runs). If he doesn't provide an estimate date, that means he doesn't have an idea when he'll finish. If he does, he has an idea. After all, why does he have to provide an estimated date?

Geez...
Lan013
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Lan013 »

Ghizz wrote:I don't understand where all this hate is coming from.
I'm sorry but, who hates you?
Teh_ping/Accel World Thread wrote:Alright, just to make a quick pit stop. (Tests coming up tomorrow, lasting through the week...)
PS: I don't think I'll be around for the next two weeks to translate SAO v10, but just leave that one to me.
Just to inform everyone 'cause I think a lot of people doesn't drop by on the thread.
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

Lan013 wrote:
Ghizz wrote:I don't understand where all this hate is coming from.
I'm sorry but, who hates you?
I think he meant the hate for those who asked ETA (and he is the one who make this topic)
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, don't expect translations from me anytime soon...

To make things clear, I do understand the concerns, but it really gets to the translators, which is why we said, don't ask.

Proceeds to finish chapter 3...
Balderdash
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Balderdash »

Teh_ping wrote:Proceeds to finish chapter 3...
Will do. I will totally not enjoy reading the rest of chapter 3 while waiting patiently for the translation that may never come. *wink wink*
Les
Astral Realm

Post by Les »

I have to admit I'm glad he asked because I just registered today and was trying to find out if there was a regular schedule for these or not. Like right now chapter 4 is 1/6 I didnt know if it was just done in parts. But anyway thanks for the translations Ping! It's my own fault I have to wait shouldn't have blown through them in a week aha.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

There are no schedules unless a translator decides that he wants to make one. You are not supposed to ask such questions (please the forum rules). You can also opt to check out Teh_Ping's talk pages. Repeated offenders who keep asking about schedules and ETAs will be slapped with a minimum of a one-day ban, including anonymous accounts. This thread will now be locked.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”