Chrome Shelled Regios

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 786

Haze
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Chrome Shelled Regios
Now to be Tenyoku no Alderamin

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by Haze »

Woo! Joined CSR TL!
But I'm still a wiki and forum newbie, so I'll be annoying blewin a lot. Hehe.
I'll be TLing all those volumes which have appeared before the 1st, cause i prolly cant keep up with blewin if i have to do vols 5 +
But once i finish those 4 volumes, i'm quite sure my Chinese will have 1000000x in efficiency and I'll help with the main story.

Haze
~Haze.

Baka.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

woohoo! Great to have you join us. *shake Haze's hand fervently*

Don't worry. It'll surely improve, and that's not just your Chinese, but also your translating skill.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Haze wrote:Woo! Joined CSR TL!
I'll be TLing all those volumes which have appeared before the 1st, cause i prolly cant keep up with blewin if i have to do vols 5 +
But once i finish those 4 volumes, i'm quite sure my Chinese will have 1000000x in efficiency and I'll help with the main story.

Haze

There is a "pre-story"?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

There're a few chapters just before Vol 1. Some of them are probably "insert" side stories.
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

Darklor wrote:
Haze wrote:Woo! Joined CSR TL!

Haze

There is a "pre-story"?
Yeah, the one I'm TLing now seems to be a section from the anime, where Mayshen finds Layfon's letter from Leerin. It seems some of the random anime episodes which don't advance the story too much but more develop the characters might appear in these volumes (eg. ep 11 at the pool ) Only in a LOT more detail. What a pain...but thats the good thing about light novels.

Everyone here has seen the anime... right? if they haven't, i better put a bit of that a spoiler box or something...

Haze
~Haze.

Baka.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Haze, I just read your TL notes. You're saying that the entire "Impact of Childhood" collection appears in Vol 11? Are they flashback excerpts?
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

blewin wrote:Haze, I just read your TL notes. You're saying that the entire "Impact of Childhood" collection appears in Vol 11? Are they flashback excerpts?
Yeah, thats what it looked like. Check this link: http://book.sky-fire.com/Novel/4045/MainIndex.html
For the very first volume, even though the chapter titles say short story 01/02/03, if you click on them, it says impact of childhood. I checked the beginning and the end, and in fact, they are the exact same texts (all 3 instances.) This holds true for each story, (ie. 01, 02, and 03.) Also, from the looks of the chapter names, if you look at vol. 11, it seems to be a collection of short stories as well.

I'm not quite sure what the impact of childhood collection is about, but they seem to be short stories centred around Mayshen and Layfon. I'm not too sure about flashback excerpts, and I'll notify you when i get around to translating it.

Haze
~Haze.

Baka.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

That seems to be not very creative by the author... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

That's strange, unless the short stories weren't published before Vol 1 as suggested by how the volumes are arranged at sky-fire website. I doubt they were published that way though. Don't people normally write spin-offs after their books turn out to be a hit? My other question would be, is the entire Vol 11 THE short story collection? or has it got new materials but it only includes some of the short stories? um... anyway, it'll be a while before we reach Vol 11...
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

blewin wrote:That's strange, unless the short stories weren't published before Vol 1 as suggested by how the volumes are arranged at sky-fire website. I doubt they were published that way though. Don't people normally write spin-offs after their books turn out to be a hit? My other question would be, is the entire Vol 11 THE short story collection? or has it got new materials but it only includes some of the short stories? um... anyway, it'll be a while before we reach Vol 11...
Nah, it isnt the exact same. I checked the content to make sure, but even the chapter titles are different. Vol. 11 has
HAPPY HOT DASH
Impact of Childhood 1-3.
And two other (different) short stories whose titles I'm too lazy to TL.
Yeah, it'll be a long time before we reach vol 11 =P
~Haze.

Baka.
God
Astral Realm

Post by God »

I made my own pdf of vol 1. I found a copy of word with a pdf thing built in.

I don't have anywhere to uploaded it too so if someone wants me to email it to them so they could share with the rest of the board that wants a pdf of CSR V1 just message me.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

God wrote:I made my own pdf of vol 1. I found a copy of word with a pdf thing built in.

I don't have anywhere to uploaded it too so if someone wants me to email it to them so they could share with the rest of the board that wants a pdf of CSR V1 just message me.
Just send it my way, I'll be happy to post it on the forum for you. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

I've done a pdf version of volume 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?imzyyyz5izq
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Who here reads Chinese? I'm stuck over a line here with the editor. If anyone can help, that'd be fabulous!

Part of the description of Grendan:

"異樣長短的耳朵在渦卷的長毛的包圍下向背後伸展,四肢前端的腳趾不像狗那樣已經退化。"

"Wrapped in long fur, its ears extended towards its back. Its toes, not at all like a dog’s, were wasted."

Our problem is the part with the word "wasted", which makes the meaning confusing. I suggested "degenerate" but it still feels confusing. Is it better to leave it out altogether? or is there a better word and better way to rephrase this?

Thanks.
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

blewin wrote:Who here reads Chinese? I'm stuck over a line here with the editor. If anyone can help, that'd be fabulous!

Part of the description of Grendan:

"Wrapped in long fur, its ears extended towards its back. Its toes, not at all like a dog’s, were wasted."

Our problem is the part with the word "wasted", which makes the meaning confusing. I suggested "degenerate" but it still feels confusing. Is it better to leave it out altogether? or is there a better word and better way to rephrase this?

Thanks.

"Wrapped in long fur, its ears extended towards its back. Its had digressed into ones not at all like a dog's.

I can't think of the antonym for evolution, so digression seems best. The sentence seems to make more sense in that structure.
~Haze.

Baka.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”