To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

ken_FF
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by ken_FF »

No one hushes you ^^ So if you want to, you can just take your time and try. And similarly, I have never done any translation until I joined up here. So you never know if you can do it until you try. Well, at the moment I do not think anyone is free AND interested in the project enough to work on this. Most of us have our own projects to take care of, so it would probably be hard to start on this... So it may take a while or even never get started. Sorry to bring such sad news, but the amount of work definitely overuns the number of translators we have.
How are they translated? I mean, the process? :3 (if anyone would be interested to TL anyway :/)

Hmmm, it's completely off the topic but, who do you prefer? Index or Mikoto? :3
「その歪んだ幻想、今ここでブっ殺すですの~」
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ken_FF wrote: How are they translated? I mean, the process? :3 (if anyone would be interested to TL anyway :/)

Hmmm, it's completely off the topic but, who do you prefer? Index or Mikoto? :3
Well, basically as you read the japanese or chinese raws, or whichever language you read it in, you think of how to phrase them in english. In my case, I place them in a MS word document, and when I am done, I go to B-T website and create the page for the chapter and upload what I have onto there. If a new project is to be started, you can make the page yourself or if you do not know how, ask others to do it for you.

In response to your off-topic question...
Spoiler! :
I prefer neither. Index seems too young and immature. Not that much of a lolicon, especially when Index can do nothing...

Mikoto gets agitated too easily. And she seems to be looking for trouble, literally.

Compared to Mikoto, I prefer Misaka Misaka, the way she talks is funny.

I like the story of the vampire slayer, her story is sad. But she doesnt appear often. I wonder how she is like really?

Well, my fav girls in the series now is Misaka Misaka and Kaori Kanzaki. I only have access to vol 5 now, so i do not know about later on. But I like the way Misaka Misaka acts and talks, and I like Kaori when she mentioned how she has decided to protect all those that are not protected by heaven like she is.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ken_FF
Mikuru's Master

Post by ken_FF »

In response to your off-topic question...
Spoiler! :
I prefer neither. Index seems too young and immature. Not that much of a lolicon, especially when Index can do nothing...

Mikoto gets agitated too easily. And she seems to be looking for trouble, literally.

Compared to Mikoto, I prefer Misaka Misaka, the way she talks is funny.

I like the story of the vampire slayer, her story is sad. But she doesnt appear often. I wonder how she is like really?

Well, my fav girls in the series now is Misaka Misaka and Kaori Kanzaki. I only have access to vol 5 now, so i do not know about later on. But I like the way Misaka Misaka acts and talks, and I like Kaori when she mentioned how she has decided to protect all those that are not protected by heaven like she is.
Well, I like Index better than Mikoto, though Mikoto is more popular than Index :/ Well of course, that's between the main heroines. But my favorite heroine would be Kanzaki Kaori XD She's starting to lose her cool demeanor as the story goes forward, lol. Her Fallen angel-maid+Alpha cosplay in volume 16 was just pure win^^ it's said that "It made kamijou wonder and it will keep on making him wonder for some time" It had that much impact^^ wasn't described in detail though :/

Well aisa...she's having few roles from the other volumes, but sadly nothing major except volume X. She was kinda like the main heroine in that volume^^
「その歪んだ幻想、今ここでブっ殺すですの~」
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Ken_FF, you could always give translating a shot. Anything you don't want to keep, you can just remove or leave it to editing; no permanent damage. As Shadow said, you can just take your time, most of the translators do anyway. A little of it being translated now and then is better than nothing at all.

Hope you consider it. :D
serenade_beta
Astral Realm

Post by serenade_beta »

ken_FF wrote: Hmmm, it's completely off the topic but, who do you prefer? Index or Mikoto? :3
*pops up*
Mikoto! Saikou desu! Recently, tsunderes have all been just annoying (yay~, Kugimiya, Yay~ *sarcasm*), yet Mikoto never gets annoying.
Index can just stay as air. Because she's the air heroine, after all. Well, besides Aisa, but that's a different story.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:In response to your off-topic question...
Spoiler! :
I like Kaori when she mentioned how she has decided to protect all those that are not protected by heaven like she is.
Heh~, amusingly
Spoiler! :
That was one of the parts that made me dislike her.
Feel sorry for all of the people who sacrificed themselves to protect her because of her position, because she just threw away that position because she wants to go protect people. *cough*Messiah Complex*cough*
*sneaks out*
ShadowZeroHeart

serenade_beta wrote:Heh~, amusingly
Spoiler! :
That was one of the parts that made me dislike her.
Feel sorry for all of the people who sacrificed themselves to protect her because of her position, because she just threw away that position because she wants to go protect people. *cough*Messiah Complex*cough*
*sneaks out*
LOLz from the way you see it, I am not surprised...
Spoiler! :
But comparing her to want to protect others, and for someone who is protected by others and abuses that authority, I definitely think she is better. The reason she threw away her position is because she no longer wants people to sacrifice for her anymore. She feels guilty over all these people who sacrificed themselves to protect her, so she wants to protect these "unfortunate" people instead. At least she feels guilty and that people must die for her to live is wrong. And intends to challenge that fate that she is born with. Indeed, nothing can be done for those who are dead, but at least there shouldnt be more that will have to sacrifice for her... Hopefully?

I like that mindset, though, that she cannot bring the dead back to life, but she can at least try to make sure those alive wont have to die. And comparing sad stories, I would say Aisa's sad story is the saddest!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ken_FF
Mikuru's Master

Post by ken_FF »

Himegami Aisa: ~History of being an air-heroine~
Spoiler! :
volume 2:She wast the heroine but she didn't appear in the epilogue.
volume 3:She was mentioned few times but was basically ignored.
volume 4:Not mentioned
volume 5:Collision with the invisible Yamisaka Ouma
volume 6:Should have been a big event with her transferring to Touma's school but she was basically ignored.
volume 7:Not mentioned
volume 8:Not mentioned
volume 9: dull lines, weak existence
volume 10:She finally became the main heroine(in this volume)!!
volume 11:mentioned bit
volume 12:Mentioned a bit
volume 13:Not mentioned
SS:Classmate role. swinging boobs XD
volume 14:Not mentioned
volume 15:Not mentioned
volume 16:Class mate role. Only said one line, "people call it a mob..."
「その歪んだ幻想、今ここでブっ殺すですの~」
ShadowZeroHeart

ken_FF wrote:Himegami Aisa: ~History of being an air-heroine~
Spoiler! :
volume 2:She wast the heroine but she didn't appear in the epilogue.
volume 3:She was mentioned few times but was basically ignored.
volume 4:Not mentioned
volume 5:Collision with the invisible Yamisaka Ouma
volume 6:Should have been a big event with her transferring to Touma's school but she was basically ignored.
volume 7:Not mentioned
volume 8:Not mentioned
volume 9: dull lines, weak existence
volume 10:She finally became the main heroine(in this volume)!!
volume 11:mentioned bit
volume 12:Mentioned a bit
volume 13:Not mentioned
SS:Classmate role. swinging boobs XD
volume 14:Not mentioned
volume 15:Not mentioned
volume 16:Class mate role. Only said one line, "people call it a mob..."
Poor Aisa... and I thought the story of her youth is sad enough... to have such a sad life... I pity her... T.T
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zeferion
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zeferion »

Someone has the raws for this series? I was watching the anime, which got me interested, so i do not mind translating it, though it will be quite periodic due to me going for NS in a week.

Basically I could give it a try if i get my hands on japanese raws, but I don't know if I will be able to translate/romanise names or phrases that are non-standard japanese.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

you won't know until you try. :)

but you must understand this novel has a lot of infrequently used kanji, even for a native Japanese reader.

it's considered quite difficult compared to other light novels.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Zeferion
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zeferion »

True, no harm in trying, just have to see whether anyone has raws available.
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Thanks for deciding to translate this, but take all the time you need. Some translation is better than none after all.
Zeferion
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zeferion »

Yea, but I can't start yet, since I can't find the Japanese raws for it. So for now, we can only hope someone comes forward with the raws, haha.
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Pretty sure I sent you a Private message to them, mate. The server was acting up then, so inform me if I haven't.
Zeferion
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zeferion »

Yep, i received your pm, but rapidshare seems to have a problem with my isp or something.

If you don't mind, could you possibly put the files on mediafire or megaupload?

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”