Can't read a kanji

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

adrimiz7
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Can't read a kanji

Post by adrimiz7 »

Any advice on what to do when I can't read the kanji. Not from not making it out, but more because the symbols are too scrunched together becoming a bit blurry. Should I just come back to it at the end of the page??

I've more or less translated the sentence and think it says "I had to (Something, I think the kanji goes here) a local, expensive, Butei when I left.

I'll probably be able to make more sense of it once I get the next few lines and the missing word.

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Can't read a kanji

Post by Teh_ping »

adrimiz7 wrote:Any advice on what to do when I can't read the kanji. Not from not making it out, but more because the symbols are too scrunched together becoming a bit blurry. Should I just come back to it at the end of the page??

I've more or less translated the sentence and think it says "I had to (Something, I think the kanji goes here) a local, expensive, Butei when I left.

I'll probably be able to make more sense of it once I get the next few lines and the missing word.

thanks
Guessing that it's from Hidan no Aria. If that's the case, 武偵高 (Bu tei kou)would be Butei High. (You'll need this a lot)
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

驚きのあまり、つい武偵高のローカル単語が出てしまった俺に……

if you can make it out, thus draw it, you can use something like this: http://kanji.sljfaq.org/
adrimiz7
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by adrimiz7 »

I was actually talking about the first kanji at the top... But thanks everyone
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Odoroki means surprised.