Bungaku Shoujo

Off-shoot branches of the main brigade who toil under the glorious leadership of our Editor-in-Chief.

General discussion related to projects by the Computer or Anime & Manga Club.....

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Bungaku Shoujo?

It was good! Please do more!
95%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 388

shadowwolf222
Astral Realm

Re: Bungaku Shoujo

Post by shadowwolf222 »

cheebuguh wrote:Well, this is an old thread and all.. but I just picked up this series.

It's too bad that the project had to end, but at least Yen Press will still translate it, even though I'll have to wait until 2014 to finally reach the end of the story. I wonder if I'll even still be interested in this stuff by that time.

Since the second volume is coming out in a few months, and I'm considering to buy it. I'm just curious to see if anyone has read Yen Press's translation. BT's translation was satisfying, is Yen Press's translation just as good? (Other than the title, of course...)
Yen Press's translation for the most part is satisfying. There are a few errors that are a bit annoying that you might have picked up on if you read Baka-Tsuki's translation before it was taken down. The most obvious error being that the gender in the letter changes from "him," "he," and "boy" at the start of the book to words such as "her," "she," and "girl" as if that were perfectly natural. That was my only problem with the book.

I'm currently reading the second volume and I have a question about Kayano's number code.
In the English version,
Spoiler! :
the code is based on the English alphabet and the numbers match up letter for letter with an English translation.
If anyone has read the original Japanese version, what was the code like? Did each number correspond to a Japanese symbol?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. maybe this thread should be moved up to the discontiuned projects?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

are the Short Stories also licenced? Just by curiosity.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

After re-reading the series, I noticed that a good bunch of people die...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Auxiliary Brigades”