why not "Kaze no Stigma"?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want "kaze no stigma" as the next project?

Yes
79%
No
14%
wtf is it about give more info or stfu
7%

Total votes: 28

erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

"with the face of someone who has been completely made a fool of" ... not too sure if that's correct at least according to fan translated chinese raws i got...
could be "he then faced the baka-face Kazuma and ask..."
might want to ask the people Japanese raws...

I registered for chapter 2. well, I think. Well, I made the page.

What extra features does an upgraded status involve anyways?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
erehwon wrote:HolyCowuhmm, I did PM Onizuka-GTO, and he (I assume its a he)
He has bushy eyebrows and a thick 'stache. Hes a manly man making it in the world. 8)

Its still possible hes a girl though...

OMG?
How you know?

By the way, I hope you like my smexy bf, his thick eyebrows R TEH SECH.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

OH MY GOD!! ONI IS A GIRL!!! GAAAH!!! /me images Oni as a girl and commits suicide.

Meh. Back to editing. I'll just keep it like that. If TNG says to change it, I'll do it. Don't have orignial context, so it's hard to tell. Back to editing again.
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

I'm very happy to hear the project is well underway.
as I write this I'm working on uploading the japanese raws of vols 1+2 yet again, I'll have them by tommorow so don't be shy pm me if you want the link. (rapidshare)

Thanks alot for your hard work! :wink:
keep it up (or try too :P ).

Oni can I call u Lee (the bushy eyebrows)

oh yea I forgot to say that I looked very hard on the net and search engines but I can't find vol 3 and above, if you have it from wherever you got it, please send it to the translators, thanks. (or to the mods)
if you have jap/chin support and can google it or something in the said language you may find good results.
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

"Mmmm, how about this? Why don't you both try the exorcism, and only the successful one gets paid. Ahh, naturally I won't tell the loser to return the advance payment."

"Good idea, yeah."

They had been flippant words, but Shinji had immediately accepted them. And then, with the face of someone who has been completely made a fool of, he asked Kazuma.

"And what are you going to do?"

"I'm out."

Kazuma gave an immediate reply. In the scornful stares of the two, not even one muscle of an eyebrow moved.

"Hmmph, coward, sucking your finger. I'll show you a model example of Enjutsu."

"Model example, eh. Didn't you say that? Just like the youngest child of the branch family."

"Y, You!"
Well, an extensive block of text. I'm tired and can't find out a way to make the first one a complete sentance. The second one I don't get. If someone has the raws and understands Japanes, please help.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

onizuka-gto wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote: He has bushy eyebrows and a thick 'stache. Hes a manly man making it in the world. 8)

Its still possible hes a girl though...

OMG?
How you know?

I got my Italian brows trimmed today. 8) Its teh hawt!
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
  "Mmmm, how about this? Why don't you both try the exorcism, and only the successful one gets paid. Ahh, naturally I won't tell the loser to return the advance payment."

"Good idea, yeah."

They had been flippant words, but Shinji had immediately accepted them. And then, with the face of someone who has been completely made a fool of, he asked Kazuma.

"And what are you going to do?"

"I'm out."

Kazuma gave an immediate reply. In the scornful stares of the two, not even one muscle of an eyebrow moved.

"Hmmph, coward, sucking your finger. I'll show you a model example of Enjutsu."

"Model example, eh. Didn't you say that? Just like the youngest child of the branch family."

"Y, You!"
Well, an extensive block of text. I'm tired and can't find out a way to make the first one a complete sentance. The second one I don't get. If someone has the raws and understands Japanes, please help.
coward, sucking your finger - absolutely no clue, its says the licking your finger in the chinese edition, but seriously I have no clue what that means...

Didn't you say that I think he means like couldn't say that or can't say that. basically saying that "he/Shinji couldn't say that back in the day."

should PM onizuka-GTO about putting it on the main page.

I posted 50% of chapter 2... please take a look
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

For the next 2-3 weeks or so, I have finals and reviews, so I probably can't edit too much. This probably means I can only edit on the weekends. I'll see what I can do.

@Erehwon: Thanks. Really clarified things.

All we need to do know is get a real forum. Hope things get better.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Well, double posting again . . . .
  However, without warning, the unearthly presence began to converge, heralding a new development.

"——It's coming."

The unearthly presence that had been spread throughout the mansion, tied its focus to one point in the living room. Kazuma calmly moved, putting himself between that presence and the other two.

"What's that? What just……"

Slower than Kazuma by over 10 seconds, the unearthly presence had materialized into something black, before Shinji, too, gradually began to notice.
That last sentence sounds wierd to me. It seems like the presence materializes 10 seconds after Kazuma said his line. Does anyone else think like this? If so, how can you change it?
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

Jumpyshoes:

take your time, don't worry. may and june are popular exams times around the world.

Slower than Kazuma by over 10 seconds, the unearthly presence had materialized into something black, before Shinji, too, gradually began to notice.

I think it means this:
The unearthly presence had materialized into something black, Shinji, too, gradually began to notice just slower than Kazuma by over 10 seconds.

somewhat confusing, does that make sense?
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Cool. It's nice, but I think the black thingy started to appear before Shinji noticed.

Is the_naming_game still doing the first chapter? If not, someone needs to do it.

Also, can you PM oni and ask him to make a seperate forum? That way, I can make a seperate post on edits.

Finally,
A superficial seeming man, but with definite achievements, he had heard. Their kind of work was, in some sense, even more than for practitioners, something where confidence was life. Making a mistake this big was extremely unlikely. It wasn't an easy business, that that kind of irresponsible agency person could survive.

This is a bit confusing. I think it should be that the guy couldn't survive. Can someone check this against the original text? Also, if anyone is willing to help, please do.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

I think it says that guy can't survive if isn't responsible. Confusing section, not too sure which he goes with each person.

TNG is doing chapter 1, but he be around a week or so, busy.

you know the anime is quite different from the text...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Okay. So I'll until TNG comes back before making any major changes.

Yea. I noticed that too. Movies and anime can't protray thoughts very well, so it's not suprising. The novel is much better.

P.S. Finished chapter 1 section 1 except major changes. Yay. Also, if anyone is free, can they check over chapter 1 section 1? I'm not sure if I did a good job. I got sloppy somewhere near the middle.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:
OMG?
How you know?

I got my Italian brows trimmed today. 8) Its teh hawt!

Your charm attribute against Oriental beauties just dropped from double digits into decimals.

No Eyebrows.

No Bijins for you.

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

Jumpyshoes wrote:Okay. So I'll until TNG comes back before making any major changes.

Yea. I noticed that too. Movies and anime can't protray thoughts very well, so it's not suprising. The novel is much better.

P.S. Finished chapter 1 section 1 except major changes. Yay. Also, if anyone is free, can they check over chapter 1 section 1? I'm not sure if I did a good job. I got sloppy somewhere near the middle.
sounds good, keep up the good work :)

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”