No updates in a very long time........

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Coss
Astral Realm

No updates in a very long time........

Post by Coss »

Hmm no ones updating this and its made me slightly angry.... ive been searching everywhere for a translator for this ( i have seen the anime but i like darker stuff and this is.. well darker) well then anyone know if this is actualy gonna be continued or whether its just given up on?
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: No updates in a very long time........

Post by Fushichou »

If you really want darker stuff then read Kara no Kyoukai.

As for getting angry, you'll just have to deal with it as translators are already busy with other stuff. It's not like they are paid to do this, and everyone has stuff that they have to do.

Considering the fact that Kaze no Stigma has a relatively small fanbase, it is better to focus on what is in higher demand, right?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'll be honest, the story in KnS seemed to go downhill as the series (anime) went on. The story just felt a bit too... plain. :?
Coss
Astral Realm

Post by Coss »

Oh i agree and I wasnt complaining per say and wasnt angry at the translators im just ranting plus i know it goes down hill coming to the end ( atleast in the anime) i was just curious whether it has been forgotten. lol anyway im interested more in the extra stories then the actual story ( though i would still like to read em) lol so sorry if i came out as being selfish ignorant and just plain whiny : P lol didn't expect this quick of a response.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I took a quick look at the people on the translator list; they have been MIA for a while now as far as I know. The only one I see nowadays is JumpyShoes, but he is just an editor. Unless this project gets more translators it isn't going anywhere. You're more than welcome to go recruiting fluent translators and bring them in to work on the project. 8)
Tangerinus
Astral Realm

Post by Tangerinus »

The question is rather is kaze no stigma going to be translated or it's rather doubtful ?
Coss
Astral Realm

Post by Coss »

lol i may just do that, that or i may go into my list of "Things to do before i die" list and knock Learn Japanese off the list, By the way guys thanks for all the help and feedback for this topic, im already liking this community
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Well, considering KnS only has one translator, who's been MIA for some time now, it's not hard to see why the project is kinda stagnant.

If you can translate from Jap --> Eng, feel free to give it a try. I would love to say those who are interested can PM me for RAWs, but since the wiki-communist state forbids me from explicitly saying so, I won't say that I have the RAWs and those who are interested can PM or e-mail me for them.

:P
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I learned to never trust your ghetto raws. :? Remember what happened with BOMF? :lol:
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I learned to never trust your ghetto raws. :? Remember what happened with BOMF? :lol:
Shh! That part of history was "supposed to never have happened" :?

/me excalibolgs said part of history away
/me claws out throat and dies
Coss
Astral Realm

Post by Coss »

Lol i don't even wanna know about the " Non-existent history" well i may ask for em later ( maybe) oh well i will enjoy your other translations while im here : P
Tangerinus
Astral Realm

Post by Tangerinus »

At times like this I'm angry on myself that I don't know japanese :/ still I hope you will find some translators and kaze no stigma is going to be active again :P
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

I want to apologize to the people waiting to read KnS. Maybe I should have stated my lack of time earlier. My previous plan was to get Volume 1 out so that there will be an adequate pause.

Currently I don't have the time to translate, I don't even have the time to edit or even read light novels. So for at least the next couple months until late April, I don't think my situation will change much. I wouldn't recommend anyone to hold their breath.

Of course if you can find people to continue this, feel free to do so. So, I think my decision is to leave this project. I'm not sure what the admin or the forum will decide to do with this project.

Well, let me know what y'all think.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, i think your making a decision far too early, i don't mind waiting, and since you have told everybody here that you have been busy with real life, as long as we get a general idea of when you think you can be back, (late april?) i think they can wait.

it was just the lack of any information.

I say, why don't you do your think and then get back to us in late april, i'll contact you about it and if you still feel that you need to drop this project, then that's fine.

on the other hand, you might feel differently and could be ready to go.

so we just put you on hold with no promises or such, ok?

it's been great with you helping out, and it would be a shame for you to leave without you thinking it over when you eventually find dome time.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

onizuka-gto wrote:well, i think your making a decision far too early, i don't mind waiting, and since you have told everybody here that you have been busy with real life, as long as we get a general idea of when you think you can be back, (late april?) i think they can wait.

it was just the lack of any information.

I say, why don't you do your think and then get back to us in late april, i'll contact you about it and if you still feel that you need to drop this project, then that's fine.

on the other hand, you might feel differently and could be ready to go.

so we just put you on hold with no promises or such, ok?

it's been great with you helping out, and it would be a shame for you to leave without you thinking it over when you eventually find dome time.
Okay, I understand. I will see if I have more free time in late April.

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”