The 9th novel whats it called?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

garra
Astral Realm

The 9th novel whats it called?

Post by garra »

Well when i went to the novel and it said down below the page, Suzumiya Haruhi no Honsou / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの奔走. What does it really mean? Does it mean "The Activitys of Suzumiya Haruhi" or "The Efforts of Suzumiya Haruhi"? Is it one of them or neither?
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Actually it's "The Death of Suzumiya Haruhi" It's going to be the last volume released.

ROFL! :lol:
garra
Astral Realm

Post by garra »

Your kidding?... Seriously Tell me whats it called lol.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

The bustle of Suzumiya Haruhi
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

The barbie horse adventures of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Or, to put it another way, we haven't decided yet. We knoe what the word means, but I odn't think any definative English phrase has been selected yet. And probably wont be until we get to read the book.

Doesn't volume 5's title shift about a bit, depending on where you read?
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

i would be so pissed if there was a volume called "The Death of Suzumiya Haruhi". Lol it sounds like a crappy superman title.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Superman

The Death of Superman.

I can totally see that happening! Because it'll bring in lots of viewers or readers wanting to see if he really dies. But in the end, he'll come close to dying but not actually die and do something like turn back time and make out with lowis for a few hours to save the world.
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Guest lol wrote:Superman

The Death of Superman.

I can totally see that happening! Because it'll bring in lots of viewers or readers wanting to see if he really dies. But in the end, he'll come close to dying but not actually die and do something like turn back time and make out with lowis for a few hours to save the world.
Did you actually read 'The Death of Superman'? See, it was the one where he died.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

Yeah, he really did die in that comic... though I don't think that was the last superman comic ever made though...
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Woooa really? He dies? HAHA who killed him? :D
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Wiki wrote:
Spoiler! :
Superman and Doomsday lay into each other with everything they have. Superman figures out how to hurt Doomsday - the bony protrusions on his body are actually extensions of his skeleton. At the struggle's culminating moment, each fighter lands a massive blow upon his opponent (Superman striking two-fisted); the resulting shockwaves shatter the windows of the surrounding buildings. The two titans fall to the ground, having taken half of Metropolis down with them.
However:
Wiki wrote:
Spoiler! :
In actuality, the Last Son of Krypton stole Superman's body and put it in a regeneration matrix in the Fortress of Solitude, drawing on his recovering energies to power himself, as bright light blinded him. It is revealed that the Last Son is the Eradicator, an ancient Kryptonian weapon, and the Cyborg is the deranged consciousness of Hank Henshaw, which used Superman's birthing matrix to create a physical duplicate of his body. The regeneration matrix broke open, and the original Superman emerged, greatly depowered, but alive.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ben1234 wrote:
Wiki wrote:
Spoiler! :
Superman and Doomsday lay into each other with everything they have. Superman figures out how to hurt Doomsday - the bony protrusions on his body are actually extensions of his skeleton. At the struggle's culminating moment, each fighter lands a massive blow upon his opponent (Superman striking two-fisted); the resulting shockwaves shatter the windows of the surrounding buildings. The two titans fall to the ground, having taken half of Metropolis down with them.
However:
Wiki wrote:
Spoiler! :
In actuality, the Last Son of Krypton stole Superman's body and put it in a regeneration matrix in the Fortress of Solitude, drawing on his recovering energies to power himself, as bright light blinded him. It is revealed that the Last Son is the Eradicator, an ancient Kryptonian weapon, and the Cyborg is the deranged consciousness of Hank Henshaw, which used Superman's birthing matrix to create a physical duplicate of his body. The regeneration matrix broke open, and the original Superman emerged, greatly depowered, but alive.
:| No wonder I don't read comics.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

If you think that is bad, you should try reading up on the Spiderman clones. There were about 10 of them, and the story started following each one of them and you couldn't even tell which was the real one.
HotLed
Astral Realm

Post by HotLed »

How about the Funeral of Suzumiya Haruhi? Not quite Supermanny, but she's still dead......

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”