Real life Haruhi

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ellimist
Astral Realm

Post by ellimist »

in other words, umiman means symphonia. :wink:
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

ellimist wrote:
I was less concerned with the fence at the time because a recycling box had just flown into my car and left a scratch on my way home. =p
*stares at the words "my car"* erm, okay...how old are you again?
Mid 40's, why?
Spoiler! :
17. 8) Hence why I was annoyed that I’d so far avoided n00b driver bumps and scratches for 4 months but then the wind went and ruined it for me. ^^
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Symphonia wrote:
Spoiler! :
17. 8) Hence why I was annoyed that I’d so far avoided n00b driver bumps and scratches for 4 months but then the wind went and ruined it for me. ^^
dammn kids these days...

when i was 17 I only had my trusty legs, a bike and a bus ticket.

If I have asked my parents for a car, they would of clouted me around the ear and told me to ask them when I given them grankids (come to think of it they still say that)
kids get it easier every year, bring back old fashion "tough love"!

:roll:

and in an attempt to stay on topic, if anyone know of any Haruhi look-a-like hanging around the UK area, and is willing to negotiate for a contract of a minimum of one grankid to be present for disgruntled parents, please email me.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Yeah, see thats why I was confused, because I knew she was 17. :? I had my own car and license at 17, its not all that uncommon. Worked 2 full time jobs for a bit and had it all paid off in 2 years or so.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

2 years is "A bit"? :shock:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Oh hell no I didn't work 2 fulltime jobs for 2 years. Only for 3 months. Last time I'll EVER do that again. It was pure hell, but I made mucho bucks. After that I was fully content with 1 fulltime job at a game store. Now I'm in AZ jobless and going to college. Its the life. 8)
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Haha! 2 fulltime jobs for 2 years. That's like hell in a .rar file.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I would have committed seppuku before even unzipping. Getting up at 6am and working until 11pm, go to sleep and do it again. Oy. :(
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

That must suck so badly : \
I'd never be able to wake up at 6:00... heck I wake up 10-15 mins before school starts usually.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

The morning job was pretty fun actually. At least for me it was. I worked maintenance at an airport. It was summertime so I would get to drive the huge tractors with the batwing lawnmowers through the fields all day. Hitting gopher holes and getting tossed way up in the air while I listened to music and got paid for it. Wasn't bad at all. 8) Except on days it rained then I actually had to do stuff like re-supply the bathrooms and crap like that. :?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:getting tossed way up in the air
How did you survive?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Those big tractors have a cabin. You know the kind that farmers used to harvest their fields and stuff, one of those kind of tractors. I would hit the ceiling if I didn't have the seatbelt on. Thank god it had AC in it. :D
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Lol!

I thought the entire tractor got tossed into the air. Like... from passing airplanes.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

LOL I could see that now

Okay monkey DON'T DRIVE BEHIND THE PLANE WHILE IT'S TAKING OFF

Monkey: *Listening to music* .. huh?

*tractor gets blown away*

Monkey: Woa, how come I'm flying?

*crashes*
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Lmao we had to watch some of those safety videos of trucks behind the planes when they're taking off. They got totally dominated! Another was how dangerous indigenous life on the runway is. I.E. Deer, gophers, birds. It showed videos of planes getting their landing gear taken out while dominating a deer and being consumed in a ball of flames. I wish I had popcorn. But when I was driving the tractor the front tires sometime drop into woodchuck/gopher holes (which mind you, are very deep) and when they popped out the front of the tractor would pop up into the air. Same with the rear tires thus tossing me up with it. 8) One of the better jobs I've had.

Return to “Music & Culture”