Japanese Biru!

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Whats your favourite Japanese Beer?

Asahi ~Super Dry~
100%
Asahi ~Prime Time~
No votes
Sapporo ~Draft~
No votes
Sapporo ~Hokkaido Namashibori~
No votes
Kirin ~Draft~
No votes
Kirin ~Classic~
No votes
Yebisu Premium~All Malt~
No votes
Yebisu Premium ~Dark~
No votes
Yebisu Premium ~Full Hops~
No votes
Yebisu ~Draft~
No votes
Orion ~Draft~
No votes

Total votes: 2

Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Well, I don't ever plan to drink. I don't want to kill all my brain cells . . . And I personally don't want to drink . . . And do something stupid while drunk . . . Or get hangovers.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Jumpy think of it this way. In a herd of buffalo the weaker ones are the slowest and hold back the rest right? but when an indian, bullet, disease, or whatever offs it; the herd gets faster because that weakling is no longer around to slow it down.

now think of your brain cells as the buffalo herd. if they can't handle the alcohol poisoning then they are the slower brain cells. so drinking makes you smarter!

:roll:

Edit: W000t 1k posts!
Last edited by Setherzam on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Setherzam wrote:Jumpy think of it this way. In a herd of buffalo the weaker ones are the slowest and hold back the rest right? but when an indian, bullet, disease, or whatever offs it; the herd gets faster because that weakling is no longer around to slow it down.

now think of your braincells as the buffalo herd. if they can't handle the alcohol poisoning then they are the slower braincells. so drinking makes you smarter!

Edit: W000t 1k posts!
Lmfao! I've never heard that before. I like it. 8)
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

its the same reasoning my cousins all use
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Finally, a reason to start drinking when I get older.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

lol Seth

I never thought I'd drink, peer pressure does weird things to you though. And don't bother with Guinness, my grandpa was a serious alcoholic, and he drank it but still said it was awful. Kinda weird if you ask me. I only take shots, they give you that warm feeling inside, not really fond of the taste of any drink.
obaka-san
Astral Realm

Post by obaka-san »

drinking ka.... I debuted with a can of beer whose brand i don't remember (it was Chinese or something like that) when i was 6. i would drink every so often then. But seriously, I've never liked it. I'd prefer Coke if possible o.o. The first time i drank something stronger than beer would be the time I got to Dalat, I tried some wine there... it was very light..umh... I was 12 back then...maybe...
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Guinness was my first beer, I had it warm. My first can of beer was a Coors, also warm. I can't stand the taste of beer! YUCK!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

okaba-san wrote:
drinking ka.... I debuted with a can of beer whose brand i don't remember (it was Chinese or something like that) when i was 6. i would drink every so often then. But seriously, I've never liked it. I'd prefer Coke if possible o.o. The first time i drank something stronger than beer would be the time I got to Dalat, I tried some wine there... it was very light..umh... I was 12 back then...maybe...
Well, here is a compromise for you then: rum and coke! It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside and nobody knows the wiser!
Nitewolfz
Astral Realm

Post by Nitewolfz »

I'm tempted to put german beer, but it's not an available option. Never really liked beer since Tiger Beer here oddly tastes like really weird carbonated pee (it's the cheapest since it's local beer). That changed after I drank erdingers though, after which alot of other types. After reading all of their beer stories I'm thinking in a few years it'll be "Alcohol, story of what's left of my liver (or lack thereof)". Well, in a rather embarassing situation, I once got drunk on... Irish coffee...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Nitewolfz wrote:Well, in a rather embarassing situation, I once got drunk on... Irish coffee...
ah..german beer....

i'm not fond of that...not at all...

:/

I only drink bitter or ale.

If we have to talk about European alcohol, i was a bodington fan, then as i went to Uni, switched to John Smith's, then to Worthingtons (because it was cheap at the uni watering hole) then i briefly went to Cafferys then Newcastle Brown, stopped when they moved the brewery to Gateshead (Newky Brown not made in...Newcastle? Blasphemy! )

Tried to stick to Speckle Hen (beautifully full, and rich taste.), but it was far too scarce and expensive, same goes with Dark Goblin Ale, (mature hops, great when just chilling, wit 5.4% alcoholic content. woot!)

i've tried Spitfire, and while to be honest its nothing to boast about, i suppose i could get a liking to it, if i have to drink it, which is to say i've seen it being serve down south far more common then up north.

well since germany likes to make larger, it can't be helped that i don't drink it, so all i can say is. dammn you germany, dammn you.

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Music & Culture”