Sora no Otoshimono

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Sora no Otoshimono

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just finished getting completely caught up on this series. I must say that the anime has done a pretty good job of sticking to the manga except in the Forte season. The last three chapters, 45-47, have left me so confused because of the plot holes that you could drive a semi through are horrid. I do not know happened, but the series just went all Eva on me. :? Other than that, I have been enjoying this manga.
Spoiler! :
Where is Hiyori in the anime? :x It also seems that Ikaros never has a meltdown in the manga whereas Nymph never gains a new ability in the anime. Also, Chaos never, at least of yet, "grows up," gets defeated, and becomes all buddy-buddy in the manga. One thing I do like about the manga more: the tension between the characters is better played out. However, I get the feeling that the manga-ka is trying to do too much at once and cannot keep things straight...
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Re: Sora no Otoshimono

Post by ben1234 »

It seems like Minazuki Suu decided to go with fan service instead of actual plot

Which is a shame because he usually writes better plot than most writers
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah. I have found that if manga-ka and anime studios would cut the fanservice, the overall quality of series improves tremendously. Sora no Otoshimono has a great premise and much potential, but the show of how perverted Tomoki is grows rather thin. It almost becomes the cheap, perverted, Japanese-male boy version of "The Taming of the Shrew" minus any tact. (I will admit that the premise of the series you pointed made me laugh. Too bad I know it will most likely be fanservice fluff.)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Well let's just say 4 chapters in and the guy has already been arrested 3 times -_-
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

ben1234 wrote:Well let's just say 4 chapters in and the guy has already been arrested 3 times -_-
Yeah, I actually took the time to waste my life by reading said chapters. Seriously, talk about a disgusting series. No plot. No substance. Nothing tasteful. I thought that it was demeaning to women and about the treatment of human beings in general. It really spoke volumes to me about the idea of male dominance at the expense of women. Frankly, I will resist the oncoming rant, but you get my point. It was trash that never should have been made. *Goes to the bathroom to puke*

Return to “Manga & Novel”