Spice and Wolf

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Juicifer
Astral Realm

Spice and Wolf

Post by Juicifer »

This is probably going to be an unpopular question and/or thread, but here it goes!

I know translation of the spice and wolf novels was discontinued because they are licensed, but am poor and will never have a chance to actually buy the novels. Is there any way someone can send the translations that have already been made? The translations that were taken down from this site, if anyone kept a copy.... It could be our little secret <3

Thanks in advance, and dont hate me for my request. I at least had to try.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Spice and Wolf

Post by Rectifier »

Your going to have to try searching for it yourself, because we can't condone that on the forum.
Juicifer-
Astral Realm

Post by Juicifer- »

I have, It turned out to be harder than i first thought....
Haze
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Chrome Shelled Regios
Now to be Tenyoku no Alderamin

Post by Haze »

You COULD just buy the novels. The first two are out, although the english covers are bleargh~

I walked into Kino the other day, and i bought them for 15 bucks each. (I was so bloody stoked. :mrgreen: )

If you don't see any stores stocking it, surely ebay...
~Haze.

Baka.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Haze wrote:You COULD just buy the novels. The first two are out, although the english covers are bleargh~

I walked into Kino the other day, and i bought them for 15 bucks each. (I was so bloody stoked. :mrgreen: )

If you don't see any stores stocking it, surely ebay...
Well, theres a reason why I never made a reply on this thread... read the first post?
Juicifer wrote:I know translation of the spice and wolf novels was discontinued because they are licensed, but am poor and will never have a chance to actually buy the novels.
Though personally I think it wont be that hard to save up for them, considering their cost, and the period of time until all the translations are up.

And so how was the English version of Wolf and Spice? I mainly read Chinese for it, so I wonder...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Haze
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Chrome Shelled Regios
Now to be Tenyoku no Alderamin

Post by Haze »

I dunno, fifteen bucks isn't too much to ask for a 200 page book is it? And this is AUD, here, not American Dollars. It's $11 USD. (Surely just stop eating out so much? Making food at home is much, much cheaper XD)(2 Volumes = 3 times at Maccas)

For me, anyway. If you think 15 is too much, I'ts probably just me. I must be really goddam spoiled and wasteful.

Anyway, the translation is pretty good although its weird reading 'Holo' as opposed to 'Horo' that I'm used to from the anime and All. No real differences other than that. Biggest problems are the dodgy photo covers though. I wanted the originals.
~Haze.

Baka.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I think it really depends on where he lives. I mean the book itself is not be expensive(though I suppose that there are countries that it would be considered such) but on some countries it's nearly impossible to find light novels, hell it's already hard with mangas... And ordering online can be a pain depending where you live.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Yeah, those reasons alone are why some people decide to fansub, but then people have to license the material and ruin the translation. :roll:
Aeldt
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aeldt »

The books are definitely worth it. Yen Press did a pretty good job. The first novel's cover looks horrible unless you were lucky enough to get the Yen Plus mag with the original jacket, but the 2nd novel onwards has the original covers and looks fantastic!
ShadowZeroHeart

Aeldt wrote:The books are definitely worth it. Yen Press did a pretty good job. The first novel's cover looks horrible unless you were lucky enough to get the Yen Plus mag with the original jacket, but the 2nd novel onwards has the original covers and looks fantastic!
I assume that means you have both volumes? Just wondering, have you ever read our translations? If you did, mind a comparison? LOLz

And about the cover thing, guess they realised that sometimes original is best!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Aeldt
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aeldt »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Aeldt wrote:The books are definitely worth it. Yen Press did a pretty good job. The first novel's cover looks horrible unless you were lucky enough to get the Yen Plus mag with the original jacket, but the 2nd novel onwards has the original covers and looks fantastic!
I assume that means you have both volumes? Just wondering, have you ever read our translations? If you did, mind a comparison? LOLz

And about the cover thing, guess they realised that sometimes original is best!!
ahaha yeah i have both. When the translations were still up, i did read through them, but you see, I only started reading after the end of the first season of the anime. And that means book three onwards haha. But since Yen Press is releasing book 3 soon, I'll buy it and give you my opinion. Even so, I'm still of the impression that the translations on baka-tsuki would rival any professional effort heh.
ShadowZeroHeart

Aeldt wrote: ahaha yeah i have both. When the translations were still up, i did read through them, but you see, I only started reading after the end of the first season of the anime. And that means book three onwards haha. But since Yen Press is releasing book 3 soon, I'll buy it and give you my opinion. Even so, I'm still of the impression that the translations on baka-tsuki would rival any professional effort heh.
Ahaha, does that mean if we start selling it to you, you would buy it? haha! Anyways hope to hear your comments when it comes~
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Oh lord, if we become professional...

That would end up badly lol.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Then we go semi-professional... :lol:
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:Then we go semi-professional... :lol:
Lmao? And how do you propose one does that?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.

Return to “Manga & Novel”