Del Ray Books - Release in Limbo

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Azure Vermillion
Astral Realm

Del Ray Books - Release in Limbo

Post by Azure Vermillion »

Having read all the possible chapters as they were being translated, I was really thrilled to hear that Del Ray Books had licensed the novel 'Kara no Kyoukai - Garden of Sinners'. When I saw that the company had apparently delayed the localisation release indefinitely (see: http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... e=5#411902) I have been ever curious as to whether anyone in the internet has heard any follow-up news about it. Google searches have churned up nil and even trying to find a way to contact Del Ray electronically is proving difficult.

Would you consider re-opening the translation archive if Del Ray does not intend to actually localise the novel? I'd understand the against as it still would violate the copyright rights they purchased and stuff.
I just find it funny that a majoirty of companies are so very admant against it, when, if you offset the whole 'piracy' thingy, it can hype up the official release, and even serve as a way to accurately guage their level of translation.
Anyway, I'd rather not get into such a spiel about that, so yeah - Does anyone know of a way to contact Del Ray electronically, and what would be your thoughts (moderation team/whatever) about re-opening the 'Kara no Kyoukai' project if Del Ray doesn't/cannot publish it?

Thanks for your time, hope to see a reply to two.
TalismanTwelve
Astral Realm

Re: Del Ray Books - Release in Limbo

Post by TalismanTwelve »

I'm honestly interested in the reply to this myself. Heck, every english publishers I know of doesnt release a signle piece of a licensed series until 3-6 years after its completed its run. At least in terms of manga and light novels. Anime is picking up the pace what with recent improvements such as crunchy roll. Still, I watch very few anime, read alot of manga, and read alot of light novels. Most of the manga/anime ive bore witness of originated as a light novel. Which for me is essentiially a must read due to my perfectionist nature to get the story as the original writer intended.

Really, its sad so many great series are licensed and then swept under the rug. Thankfully, I import regularly, and with my 4+ years of taught japanese and 6 or so years of self taught, have next to no problem reading other then the occasional obscure kanji/words/meanings/ and puns.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, you have the knowledge - will you translate too? :mrgreen:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chrnno »

I have long given up waiting for companies to translate mangas or light novels. Perhaps a few decades from now it will be reasonably decent.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'

Return to “Manga & Novel”