Bleach

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Bleach

Post by Rectifier »

I haven't had a reason to talk about this manga for a LONG time, but the latest chapter...
Spoiler! :
What the poke, I knew that Aizen had a plan for him this whole time, but why the hell does the father know? Also, the author just kind of turned the entire premise of the plot in a few frames. Clearly some shit is about to go down, if the author can keep this up until the end he might actually have a good manga.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Bleach

Post by ben1234 »

It feels like Aizen is way too overpowered, even for a shounen villain.

It's like whatever you have, he'll have a way to make it useless before you even show it to him. But wait! The good guys have like 300 cannon fodders to throw at him! So they can drag the battle on for another year and show that Aizen has more stuff in his pocket than 2 Doraemons!

Seriously, one chapter of Kekkaishi or Negima is easily worth about half a year of Bleach
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

this is one of those rare days where I'll just head straight to the manga without reading the whole damn thing.

Update:

Just read the last chapter and i have to say:
Spoiler! :
Lol Aizen you are the true manga author aren't ya? I stop reading/watching around the soul society arc and I was lucky to hear is just one mass of battle after another but finally this chapter tells me something about ichigo's orgin and his mom. though in the comments i read what royalty is going on?

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Spoiler! :
Kubo actually reminds me of the author Robert Jordan, although obviously far less nuanced in literature, but they share the similarity where they establish a main theme from the beginning of the novel, reinforce it throughout the novel with more examples, and then completely reverse it near the end of the story.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rect if there is one good thing about you is your knowledge in literature as it complies me to go to the library and read some of the authors you mention. Any way I think I just made a huge revelation:
Spoiler! :
Aizen is actually Light from Death Note. Think about it they both have "just as planned" moments and I always wonder what happened to Light after he died. To me it would make perfect sense if he was Aizen....or just good fanfiction crossovers.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, this is interesting. Wonder if the author will manage to explain it in a way that makes sense... Also I disagree party with it being similar to RJ.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

It wont save the entire manga in my eyes, but it will definitely help bring it back up to tolerable levels. The large gaps of unanswered questions for hundreds of chapters can only be rectified so far...
Spoiler! :
Latest chapter, Ichigo's dad, maybe NOW we'll get some answers regarding that. :roll:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:The large gaps of unanswered questions for hundreds of chapters can only be rectified so far...
are you indirectly talking to rect?

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Why do I have the feeling that it was all just an experiment to create the perfect half-shinigami, half-hallow?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

chrnno wrote:Well, this is interesting. Wonder if the author will manage to explain it in a way that makes sense... Also I disagree party with it being similar to RJ.
I didn't know you read RJ; I'm comparing how RJ just reversed one of the most important and stable themes in his series which has been around from the beginning and been reinforced all the way to the twelfth to what Kubo just did in Bleach.
ben1234 wrote:Why do I have the feeling that it was all just an experiment to create the perfect half-shinigami, half-hallow?
I think either its something to do with the King, or perhaps that the whole King thing was just a lie and theres another reason, those two possibilities seem the most likely to me.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ well since I have read the chapters without reading anything before someone tell me what is this king thing or something.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Apparently Soul Society has a king and supposedly Aizen's goal was to sacrifice 100 thousand(IIRC) souls to make the key neccessary to go to where the king is...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Apparently Karakura town is perfect, since Aizen needs a square mile of souls rich in spirit energy, which is Ichigo's fault because he can't control his spirit energy it leaks everywhere and the souls around him soak it up.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

oh lol I totally forgotten Soul Society has a king. You know bleach never make sense wtf heaven is suppose to mean. I mean there is still fighting, suffering and dying. So when souls die where do they go? oblivion? what about hollows?

baka baka baka
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

ben1234 wrote: Seriously, one chapter of Kekkaishi or Negima is easily worth about half a year of Bleach
Hey, even Naruto makes Bleach pale in comparison if you compare their chapters for the past two years. (I shiver at having to compliment Naruto in order to diss Bleach. But you get my point. :lol: )

Return to “Manga & Novel”