The World God Only Knows

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The World God Only Knows

Post by chrnno »

Yeah definitely a surprise here... Anyway it's truly a shame not everyone will have arcs in the anime, it would be fun watching it. Though if they had I doubt the anime would survive enough to get on with the plot.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is part of the reason why the spring season will rock. A new season of KamiNomi, BakaTest, Hidan no Aria, Appleseed, etc. will be coming out then.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Spring 2011 will be epic.

Baka Test also? YES!
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

If my memory serves me correctly, that is. I think that the spring season has much more potential than the winter season in general, but that is for another topic and another time.

Back on topic, I am hoping for a Haqua route.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Im just hoping for more good quality episodes.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

they could get past the lack of fanservice (not the ecchi kind, meaning character arcs) by making a game from the series.. that way there'd be many contenders for a real-life otoshi-gami 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I would say that the lack of fanservice in this series is one of its strong suits. The series actually relies on plot, although it does it in a Sailor Moon cyclical style. I think that part of the problem is that people have gotten so used to lots of special effects, fanservice, and the like at the expense of plot so that their expectations are not towards plot but the other. Hence, the measuring stick seems to be not for plot anymore.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

say "measure anime against Strike Witches or K-ON".. :roll:

there's really nothing bad about fanservice per se.. back in Love Hina said stratagem was used mainly for comic relief, i.e. in lieu of keitarou's antics.. but overusing it to keep viewers coming back for more will get old..

of course, the fanservice in question can either be SF mecha-style, or ecchi stuff..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Yeah Love Hina managed to do it pretty well, most animes tend to either not do it at all or overdo it. :(
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, but I think Lova Hina actually had somewhat of a plot and did not just stagnate in its fanservice like so many more current series. By the way, a new chapter of TWGOK is out and a new episode as well. :D

EDIT: I just finished the last episode of this season. Wait until the very end, and you will get a spoiler more or less.
Spoiler! :
Haqua shows up. The seiyuu is Hayami Saori (Morimi Saki of Eden of the East, Ikaros, Azuki Miho of Bakuman, Aragaki Ayase of Oreimo, et. al.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

That's what I said... :roll: Also yay new chapter. :D
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

After reading the latest chapter it gave away for season 2.

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well Strike Witches has a plot, albeit a non central episodic plot.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Poke2201 wrote:Well Strike Witches has a plot, albeit a non central episodic plot.
"Re: The World God Only Knows"

What? :?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

shichinanatsu wrote:say "measure anime against Strike Witches or K-ON".. :roll:

there's really nothing bad about fanservice per se.. back in Love Hina said stratagem was used mainly for comic relief, i.e. in lieu of keitarou's antics.. but overusing it to keep viewers coming back for more will get old..

of course, the fanservice in question can either be SF mecha-style, or ecchi stuff..
I replied with this:
Poke2201 wrote:Well Strike Witches has a plot, albeit a non central episodic plot.
Makes more sense?

Return to “Manga & Novel”