FMP Novel

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

A few minor things were changed in the anime, but other than that, it was just like the book almost word for word. The plus side about the book is you get to hear alot of their inner monologue, which changed my perception of many scenes that took place.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

also going to buy the 2 first novels after new year...can't wait to read them
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:The first book was good, and there aren't any translations other than that. It was professionally done, so you can't get much better than that. :?
Some professional translations suck. Which is why I was worried. Hopefully they'll be good though.

I'm probably gonna wait till the third book comes out and get all three... I'll probably have more money then...
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

To buy:

FMP novel 1
Shana novel 1, 2
Strawberry Panic novel 1
Kanon discs 1&2(preorder)
Simoun discs 1, 2, 3 if it's out yet.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Woohoo. I got the first volume. It was worth the money. There were some grammar mistakes, but you see them in all books. Oh well.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Re: FMP Novel

Post by Noproblem »

I demand FMP novel 4 to be released by Tokyopop sometime soon! (getting desperate here)
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

4 is most likely gonna take a while, because it was originally 2 volumes, Owaru Day by Day (Upper Volume) and (Lower Volume) (That's the kanji for it anyway, just treat it as Part 1 and Part 2 =P)

Not sure if Tokyopop is going to release it as a bumper volume (both as one long novel) or as separate volumes. They did release their "12 Kingdoms" series as bumper volumes though, so I wouldn't count it out just yet ;P

Oh and unlike the previous 3 volumes, there are a few significant differences between the novel and the anime. That's all I'm saying =P
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

According to the wiki it looks like just the first half will be released. Which I don't really mind. I'm just biding my time until BOMF. :twisted:
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

well i don't really mind if they release it as either a bumper volume (thick books are kinda nice) but 2 volumes are okay too, although it will probably mean that it will take longer time for tokyopop to release them, which in the end results in an even longer wait before BOMF is released
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Look at it this way - you'll have more time to save up for the next book, which results in lesser wallet hurt =P

At this rate it won't be long until BOMF is translated. Gotta give credit to Tokyopop for not translating the side-story volumes first - they know exactly what the fans want.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

HolyCow wrote:Look at it this way - you'll have more time to save up for the next book, which results in lesser wallet hurt =P

At this rate it won't be long until BOMF is translated. Gotta give credit to Tokyopop for not translating the side-story volumes first - they know exactly what the fans want.
my wallet never hurts when i buy stuff i like, and yea it's nice to see they do the main story first, and then hopefully do the side stories afterwards :)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Noproblem wrote: my wallet never hurts when i buy stuff i like, and yea it's nice to see they do the main story first, and then hopefully do the side stories afterwards :)
*gets most of his manga/light novels free as complimentary reviewer's copy*

=P

One thing I'm kinda concerned thought - there are 2 side story volumes (the side arm ones, one of them is voice of the north, can't remember the other one) that can be considered more than just side stories, since they concern Mithril mostly. There's one about Weber's past and one about how Sousuke met Kalinin if I'm not mistaken. I wonder when/how are they going to fit it into their release schedule.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Yeah I would enjoy reading those too. The main arc novels only fill you in on so much info. :?
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

yea the side stories actually give quite a lot of information about the main characters, and of course Mithril, well if those two side stories fit together with with upcoming release of novel 4 then i really hope they make it so that the release both the side stories and the main novel, or perhaps all the stories (main and side) as a bumper volume
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

does anyone know if there's any update on the 4/5th FMP novel, almost seems like tokyopop has dropped it, seeing there haven't been a single sign of updates for quite a long time now

Return to “Manga & Novel”