Novel: God's Notebook

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: God's Notebook

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Watched episode 5... Total crap... This anime series is bringing so much shame. Too many details left out, a lot of important events removed, the more cruel vol 1 and 3 are completely missing perhaps due to death. THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

lol, didn't even took a peek on the anime :lol: Anyway, just take a peek on vol 7 today(the illustration only actually), is it just me or Kishida Mel's art getting more and more delicious? Although, Narumi look a little too....mature in the latest volume, the other character's illustration is just so eye catching. Reading this novel is making me a fan of his art :lol:
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
ShadowZeroHeart

kuroi_shinigami wrote:lol, didn't even took a peek on the anime :lol: Anyway, just take a peek on vol 7 today(the illustration only actually), is it just me or Kishida Mel's art getting more and more delicious? Although, Narumi look a little too....mature in the latest volume, the other character's illustration is just so eye catching. Reading this novel is making me a fan of his art :lol:
Don't spoil me!! I am still waiting for the chinese version vol 6 to come out later this month!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

No, no, I only took a peek on the art :lol: . I haven't finished vol 4 yet so you don't have to worry about getting spoiled :mrgreen: I usually take a sneak peek on the art of the latest volume just to satisfy my curiosity and spurs me to read faster to catch up. Even so, the soar in quality on vol 7's art was quite stunning, considering Kishida sensei's art in vol 5 took quite a dip and was still not as good as the early volume on vol 6. But on vol 6, he seems to really put his heart into drawing the illustration because it looks really gorgeous, although Narumi design become really old. He looks as if he's a university student instead of high-schooler :lol:

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Watched episode 5... Total crap... This anime series is bringing so much shame. Too many details left out, a lot of important events removed, the more cruel vol 1 and 3 are completely missing perhaps due to death. THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE!!
I bet that they'll include the
Spoiler! :
drug thing
at the end of the season or somewhere like that. To make it more dramatic.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Watched episode 5... Total crap... This anime series is bringing so much shame. Too many details left out, a lot of important events removed, the more cruel vol 1 and 3 are completely missing perhaps due to death. THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE!!
I bet that they'll include the
Spoiler! :
dug thing
at the end of the season or somewhere like that. To make it more dramatic.
Its too late to try to salvage anything... The cool and cruel reality has all been removed, with a lot of details removed. A lot of reasons, a lot of emotions are all missing. Without reading the novel, this anime cannot even pass if you ask me. Each volume covered in 2 episodes, you gotta be kidding me!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I was also surprised by that...normally, I remember a normal LN volume being covered from 3 to 4 episodes, and sometimes 2 or 5 in case it's very short or very important. However, I think a Kamimemo volume is enough long...
Kira0802

kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

I hear the low number of episode make the story went from heartfelt and pretty dark story ----> nonsensical detective wannabe story with a boneless harem lead that you can find in any harem comedy story and moe element.

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

True...untill now, there aren't a lot of things as serious as in V1, in my opinion. Aside the first episode, it feels like kids playing detective.
Kira0802

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

seems like the anime totally trainwreck it. sorry to say this, but now I have nakama (for Itsuten and Denyuuden)! though Shadow has to bear the pain for all since he reads everything.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Normally, I happen to watch the anime before reading the novel, unless it attracts my attention.

Anyone know if the manga version of this (if there's one) is better than the anime?
Kira0802

Imoutolover
Mikuru's Master

Post by Imoutolover »

kira0802 wrote:Normally, I happen to watch the anime before reading the novel, unless it attracts my attention.

Anyone know if the manga version of this (if there's one) is better than the anime?
The manga is way better than the anime. But it starts from the second volume too :lol:

One strange (?) thing is that the lastest chapters are adaptating the first volume (a flashback). At least here it will probably cover until the
Spoiler! :
Ayaka's 'suicide'.
And am I the only one that have read all the seven volumes and listened the two dramac-cds? :D
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

I think zell also already read all 7 volumes, or at least he already read up till vol 6. I'm still slowly catching up, but Dantalian no Shoka caught my interest and slow down my catch up on this series :lol:

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:True...untill now, there aren't a lot of things as serious as in V1, in my opinion. Aside the first episode, it feels like kids playing detective.
Even first episode was quite badly done. The novel made their meeting much more acceptable, being friends introducing friends. The anime made it that he just met the people on the streets, as if it is fate.

Without the first volume, Narumi actually lost his reason to stay beside Alice, similarly, he lost a lot of reasons to be so pathetic and gloomy
Spoiler! :
Guys, don't take drugs. Narumi took drugs, so his mind was totally screwed for a period of time. Which can explain a lot of things. Even though he sort of recovered, I won't be surprised if it has some lasting effects, especially since the way the drug worked according to the novel
The 3rd volume is only possible after the first, so skipping that is acceptable since they left V1 out. But still Ayaka is entirely different, and Narumi never gets to work in the Ramen shop then, which makes things completely unlike the novel!!

Dantalian ED looks weird, i wish it is animated

Itsuten is a little too fast as well, but since a lot of the stuff are in the mind(Internal thoughts, feelings) for Itsuten, it kinda makes it hard to make things good. Especially since its the cliche modern school setting. The story is good because it is written, and some parts needs to be imagined, which is not possible in the anime, so it becomes quite crappy.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Without the first volume, Narumi actually lost his reason to stay beside Alice, similarly, he lost a lot of reasons to be so pathetic and gloomy
Spoiler! :
Guys, don't take drugs. Narumi took drugs, so his mind was totally screwed for a period of time. Which can explain a lot of things. Even though he sort of recovered, I won't be surprised if it has some lasting effects, especially since the way the drug worked according to the novel
Spoiler! :
I remember that. I really think that it's a dumb move to try experimenting it. I mean, things such as seeing an angel...it's not something good.
Kira0802

Return to “Manga & Novel”