Dragonball

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

I see myself as

Kakarot
No votes
Vegeta
25%
Piccolo
No votes
Cell
No votes
Frieza
No votes
Mr. Satan
75%

Total votes: 4

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Dragonball

Post by Umiman »

I just finished the complete storyline mode on Budokai Tenkaiichi 2 and was left with many holes. So I got myself the entire set of Dragonball manga (damn expensive...) and sat down to read it all.

Man, I really forgot how awesome Toriyama is. Ignoring the ridiculous (and repetitive) plotlines, the humour is only a few thongs short of Ultimate! Hentai Kamen (hehehe... failed fusions). Not to mention the art is really really good as well.

So... those of you who forgot the good old days of super golden hair growing powers, senzu beans, and turtle blast waves, I highly recommend you check this manga out. Again. 8)

p.s: Did you know that one day before the Cell Games, Cell had a nightmare that instead of fusing with 18, he fused with Krillin. xDDD
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Re: Dragonball

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Umiman wrote: p.s: Did you know that one day before the Cell Games, Cell had a nightmare that instead of fusing with 18, he fused with Krillin. xDDD
I always wondered if that really happened in the manga. They involved that scene in Budokai 2 I believe. As well as the other crazy fusions like Gokule. :D Maybe it was Budokai 3? Can't remember. ^^;
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

:lol:

I remember when I saw the preview for the episode where Goku goes super sayain for the first time. I went freaking crazy!

Never read the manga, and I never got into Dragonball or Dragonball GT. I almost didn't start watching Dragonball Z because the first episode I saw looked so gay, then I caught the first fight between Goku and Vegeta on earth. Addicted after that.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

DB GT was so horrible, and I watched the original series for the first time when I was... around 6ish. Looking back on DBZ, I find that it was one of those series with amazing action, yet so corny that I can almost cry. I mean, its like "I'M GONNA SCREAM FOR 3 EPISODES WHILE THINGS BLOW UP TO BUILD BATTLE TENSION!".
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

THe Dragonball and Dragonball Z anime dvd releases in teh US are butchered like crazy. This was before Funimation got a clue to stop butchering anime. LOL Only the original japanese versions will do. I've never read the manga or seen the original DB/DBZ so I don't know what to say about the humor. The only thing I know is that I liked seeing Goku go super saiyan for the first time as well. Because I can't obtain the pure release of Dragon ball or Dragonball Z I'll never know how great it is. I've found better animes out there. Maybe I'll change my opinion after seeing the original uncut version.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

gah....not dragonball......

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
Umiman wrote: p.s: Did you know that one day before the Cell Games, Cell had a nightmare that instead of fusing with 18, he fused with Krillin. xDDD
I always wondered if that really happened in the manga. They involved that scene in Budokai 2 I believe. As well as the other crazy fusions like Gokule. :D Maybe it was Budokai 3? Can't remember. ^^;
Budokai 2 ^^

Nevertheless, the anime series never did have the lol-erificness of the manga. Aside the horrible voiceacting (somehow... it's just American voice actors. The dubs in Malay (Doraemon <3 !!!!) and Chinese (Digimon) are great in most anime.), like said above and always forever more, this series set the standard for stretching combat. It's not like this in the manga. In fact, I think the combat in the manga needs more elaboration. 8)
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Wow, you actually like the malay dubs? I found them extremely horrible. I mean, Doraemon's VA is the same as Patamon, and everyone sounds so damn familiar that I hate to watch them.

Malay dubs suck, honest. I'd say they're even worse than the US dubs. They just mutilate an entire series. Think static lips with dialogue.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Umiman wrote:(somehow... it's just American voice actors. The dubs in Malay (Doraemon <3 !!!!) and Chinese (Digimon) are great in most anime.)
Yeah, I heard a German dub once, even it seemed better than what the English dub was.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

HolyCow wrote:Wow, you actually like the malay dubs? I found them extremely horrible. I mean, Doraemon's VA is the same as Patamon, and everyone sounds so damn familiar that I hate to watch them.

Malay dubs suck, honest. I'd say they're even worse than the US dubs. They just mutilate an entire series. Think static lips with dialogue.
Nuuu... Don't insult my Doraemon! I watched it when it first came out in Malaysia and I was like... 4 years old! :(

Until today I still try to place bread onto my textbooks to see if I gain knowledge from eating it.

But the dub is still infinately better than the American.
viewtifulhester
Astral Realm

Post by viewtifulhester »

I see myself more as Yajirobi actually. But mr. Satan will have to do. And omfg I haven't read the manga in forever. and Hentai Kamen ftw!
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Irony.

Playing DBZ with a friend the other day, and he said that I could only use crappy characters to make up for the difference in skill. I sais, "sure, why not." and chose Yajirobe.

Then he chose SSJ3 Vegito.

The irony is that it turns out Yajirobe is actually faster than Vegito. So I ended up winning. Go Yajirobe!

In the rematch however, he just flew as far away as possible and fired kamehamehas at me. Sucked.

Return to “Manga & Novel”