How I Make MOBI

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

i1111991
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

How I Make MOBI

Post by i1111991 »

Well, just like to share how I make MOBI for LN on Baka-Tsuki.
Though I don't know if this is really the right way to do it but here the tutorial.

I use Mobipocket Creator (Publisher Edition) V4.2, Build 41. For The Latest release : GO
And I use 2 html file to help me create the content. (at atachment: tools.rar) it contain : 1. CreateTitle, 3. CreateMobiContent

CONTENT (Use 3. CreateMOBIContent html file)
1. Go to Baka-Tsuki LN volume page and go to the Printable version
link example : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ntable=yes
2. Open the page source by right click>view page source or ctrl+u (firefox). And Copy the Content from the first chapter title (like prolouge or chapter 1) to the end (just before the "return to main page" link)
example : from <h2> <span class="mw-headline" id="Prologue:_God_and_the_Devil">Prologue: God and the Devil</span></h2>
to <li id="cite_note-1"><a href="#cite_ref-1">↑</a> お花畑タイプ - flower garden type (when thinking about boyfriend, happy thoughts come first)</li></ol>
3. Open the CreateMOBIContent html file (I only test it on firefox so it's best to open it using firefox)
4. Paste the page source you copy before to it. And Click Convert. (it's just a replace function so don't expect to much)
5. Click Check Error to find the thing that should have been converted. If there is, the text that souldn't exist will be selected. if no, continue to next step
6. Click FindLink Button to find the linked references (<a> tag of HTML). Just Cut and Place it to cover the text that sould hve a reference. (well if u're familiar with HTML it sould be easy)
example : from : </p><p>“This person’s a Denpakei<a href="#cite_note-0" id="cite_ref-0"></a>…” …”
to : </p><p>“This person’s a <a href="#cite_note-0" id="cite_ref-0">Denpakei</a>…” …”
7. Click "SynchLink" button to synch the reference.
8. Click "HTML Tag" button to insert the HTML tag. Copy and Paste all of it to a new html file that will be use in next step.
(if it doesn't come out as the way u want it, just edit it manually :p)

FIRST PAGE (Use 1. CreateTitle html file)
1. Open The 1. CreateTitle html file.
2. Change the value by clicking them and enter what u want there.
3. After u finish, click "Generate" Button. Copy and Paste all the generated html content to a new html file that will be use in next step.

CREATE MOBI
1. Download all the LN image from baka-tsuki.
2. Open Mobipocket Creator. Under "Create New Publication", klik "Blank publication".
3. Enter the publication name and the folder location.
4. Place all the LN Image u download before to this folder. and both the generated html file on the step above as well. (Try open the content html file to see whether the image showing or not)
5. Insert the html file to the mobicreator. (U could Insert the image that is'n covered by the html file and arrange it )
6. To add table of contents, Go to table of contents and click add table of contents. enter first level the tag name as h1, second level = h2, third level = h3. enter all the attribute as "class". enter all the value as "Label". For the Table of Contents Title, I usually use "contents".
7. Click Preview in browser to see if it's come out the same as the way u want it. Or u can just klik Update to finish. (Table of contents file will show on the publication files)
8. Click "Cover Image" and add the cover image.
9. Click "Metadata" to change the MOBI (LN) info.
10. Click "Build" Button. and click build and done.

How is it? Did it goes well? Hopefully with this, all the LN on BT will have it's MOBI format.
If U got a better ways to build MOBI file please share it here.

note:
MOBICretor won't be able to generate MOBI file if your folder containt "[]" character and if your publication folder is placed in a deep folder-tree level (I recommend it only up to 6th level folder deep, count from Local disk - drive).
MOBICreator will automatically convert all image up to 63kb in size.
I just update 3. CreateMobiContent.html regex. (coz some LN not get replace correctly)

If you want an better (image) quality MOBI u can start look at Calibre (suggest by Simon). It's really usefull.

Right now I'm still learning using Calibre.
I upload my first successful attempt, in here link. If you found some problem with it, please tell me.
When I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it, I'll update this page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Manga & Novel”