Help needed...

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Help needed...

Post by Mystes »

Well, to make it short, I use another computer now. Thing is, the font when I browse Google or BT with IE9 is different than the font I use to see in my other computer, with the same type of browser. Does someone know how to change that?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Help needed...

Post by hobogunner »

There should be a change font option inside of the internet options window from one of the dropdowns on the toolbar. Just make them the same....or change them both.

Here's better instructions: http://microsoftfeed.com/2011/how-to-ch ... xplorer-9/
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Doesn't work...

Maybe is it another problem?
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

....well, maybe it's just the monitor. If they are exactly the same text, it's internal to that application so that should be the answer.

However, if you want to check your Windows default text, I believe it's in the display option....if it's the same theme and version of windows, it's the same text. Just google "how to change default font in windows ??". That's as far as the font gets....do different browsers / programs do it?
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I'll check my former computer's settings...
Kira0802

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

you should also check your locale. though normally it affects the command prompt only.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

Kira0802 wrote:Well, to make it short, I use another computer now. Thing is, the font when I browse Google or BT with IE9 is different than the font I use to see in my other computer, with the same type of browser. Does someone know how to change that?
......just dont use IE.......plz just dont......
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

carj, that's like telling me not to read loli doujins. I'm going to whether it's right or wrong. You can view me as a pedophile, if you feel as though you should, or not view me as a pedophile because I just read them because they are cute, and I mean, just read them. Nothing else. Everyone makes up their own mind, in the end it doesn't even matter.

On an unrelated note, my mom is forcing me to go to this comic shop, which I already heard them talking about B-T there.......and it's a "Otaku gathering about <insert old anime that nobody cares about anymore, not even classics>" :? :cry:
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

i know its a matter of personal preferences but all i'm saying its to try another one....believe me IE SUCKS n there r better choices out there (you can compare it to the loli topic)

as for the loli thing.......well personal preferences n i dont think its either right or wrong just a taste, sometimes ive enjoyed loli mangas but i dont look for them so i cant say anything

lol what anime?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Well, upon further research, you bring a few shows and they show them......I don't even.....just sigh. I'll just spend the entire time broadcasting Baka-tsuki. :roll:

IE is IE. it connects you to the internet. :? I don't like it, but still....personal preference.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I love IE, and I still do. :D
Kira0802

EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

The problem with IE (< 9 at least) is not necessarily on the user side, but much more on the developer's side. IE 6-8's disastrous (non-)support of the web standards gave birth to countless ugly hacks to achieve the same thing as on other browsers, and slowed down the development of the web. I don't know how many hours I wasted rewriting code for IE.

Also, ロリは正義。

Anyway, that's not the topic. :D

If it's still not working:

1. Are you on a Windows machine?
2. Do you have Arial installed?

Some technical talk:
Baka-Tsuki uses "sans-serif" as its font (on the wiki, in the forums it's "Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"), which is not an actual font, but a generic font family. The browser will usually just take the system-default sans-serifed font (in most cases Arial on Windows). But in Google's case, you should be seeing Arial on both computers because it's explicitly declared that Arial has to be used. So I suspect that Arial might be missing on one of your computers... though that shouldn't be the case for Windows.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:Also, ロリは正義。

Some technical talk:
Baka-Tsuki uses "sans-serif" as its font (on the wiki, in the forums it's "Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"), which is not an actual font, but a generic font family. The browser will usually just take the system-default sans-serifed font (in most cases Arial on Windows). But in Google's case, you should be seeing Arial on both computers because it's explicitly declared that Arial has to be used. So I suspect that Arial might be missing on one of your computers... though that shouldn't be the case for Windows.
Yeah, listen to Eusth, also, I agree with you completely. About the non-discussable matter. :lol:

I did make the assumption he's running Windows on both machines..... :? (Jumping the gun.)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I'll try following your tips when I'llbe free on week-ends. Thanks guys.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Wait, you didn't answer, are both machines Windows?

Return to “Games & Computing”