Rate the games

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Liheime
Astral Realm

Rate the games

Post by Liheime »

Hello all,

How wags the world?
Here's the deal. :)
I'll mention a game, then the tnext person will rate the game I mention (however they rate gamesk), and then list a new game of their own. Any game on any system is okaye. :)

Please stay on topic. :)

Let's start off with Dead or Alive 3 :)

Thanx v.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

not bad. if i had to rate it, i'll say....7 out of 10.

bouncing breast are nice, but its just a novelty.

But on the oher hand, DOA- Extreme Volleyball...

:D

Rate that!
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

6/10

Bouncing WAAAY TOO MUCH, and when I say way, I mean it's like the breasts are ready to bounce off the body and fly away. I believe this can sum up what I'm trying to say.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=1242
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20061025
The hair also sucks. But putting that aside, who doesn't enjoy playing the timeless classic of girls running around in skimpy outfits and playing volleyball! Oh wait... we're talking about the first one lol I'd say probably 7/10.

Battlefield 2
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

9/10
You have to play as a medic, and stick to someone to make this game work.
I paired up with another soldier and i did not respawn for 20 games. repeatedly we held points, retreated, kill loads.
it was the highlight of the game.
plus i rock on helicopters, i pride myself on being able to fly them with a expert touch.

Only thing that piss me off is the lack of helicopters types, and non-playable self propelled artillary. I remember in 1942 desert mod, i absolutely win with MLRS and 155 big guns, if anyone bother to spot.
too ba they left that out of BF2.

Anyway, you want a good game?

rate Half-Life 2

8)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

10/10 definately!

This game paved the way towards the top end graphical games, and this game is still has some of the best graphics despite it's age. The entire series innovated new ways to play the games, mixing puzzle with first person shooting. Back in the day of HL1, this game invented a new style of FPS, the entire game played out as a movie, and the graphics were truly amazing. In HL2, the game led the next generation of graphics, and physics.
Let's put aside the innovative stuff for now though.
In the game, the thing that truly stunned me more then anything else excluding graphics and physics was the storyline. The storyline was truly a marvel. The story can be found in new spapers around the game too.
Spoiler! :
Some time after the Black Mesa incedent, the combine started to arrive on the planet. Dimensional portals began to open up around the planet and began to drop Snyths. Within a matter of time, the entire planet was overrun.
I could continue on here but meh. I've yet to see a game around that time that put the effort to put in the storyline into the game through miscillaneous objects like so.

Next game! Doom 3 :twisted:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

HL2 rocks, and i have yet to download/buy Ep1, but im waiting until ep2 comes out then i'll get them.

doom 3?

mmm...

6/10

its okay, but i realise its a remake of the classics, but with better looking.

Abit like the daughter of a hot model, but you know she's a clone :)

Not really special.

Rate: Super Robot War Series (Any version)

@Onizukademongto
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Great job killing the thread, onizuka! :P

Here's a new topic game: Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Dan wrote:Great job killing the thread, onizuka! :P

Here's a new topic game: Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Not a bad game, but found I spent too long wandering about the world, trying to find places. 7/10.

I much prefer Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- Which is now consuming all of my spare time on my brand spanking new XBOX 360. Sure Call of Duty 3 and Gears of WAR (the other two games I have so far) are awful purdy, but if I'm honest, I prefer Oblivion. The one big advantage it has over Elder Scrolls III is that rather than wandering about, you can just select a city and travel to it. Saves a lot of mucking about. I'd give it 9/10.

Anyhow, as I said before Call of Duty 3 is very nice to look at and a lot of fun to play.

What do others think of CALL OF DUTY 3 (or perhaps other games in the series)?
Jonathan
Astral Realm

Post by Jonathan »

umm 8/10? I've only played call of duty about 3 or 4 times... but i kinda enjoyed it.

Rate: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

673/722

Rate Twisted Metal for PS2 ^^

p.s: Nice avie.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Jonathan
Astral Realm

Post by Jonathan »

1/10

It sucks. =( couldn't find any other word sorry...

P.S. thanks.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Aren't you going to post another game to rate? I'll post one then: Heros of Might and Magic: Dark Messiah.

And what exactly is your avatar?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

You know what I think about COD3? It's a great game. You know what I think of the 360-ps3-wii comparison on everywhere? It's damned biased. If you lower your brightness, the ps3 version looks identical to the xbox, possibly even better. That's really good considering they only had a few months to quickly port it over to the ps3. Plus the ps3 games hardly use 20% of the ps3's power.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

6/10

Not much of a fan of the heroes series but I'll acknowledge it's 1337ness.

Hrm...

Tiberian Sun
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

7/10

I was a fan, but the game was a little slow at times and managing big armies was a hassle. Commando wasn't bad, although it was as different genere.

Return to “Games & Computing”