My Gaming Decade

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

My Gaming Decade

Post by b0mb3r »

Warning Long Post:

After reading the gaming decade at Kotaku I thought I would like to share my memorable days. I especially want to hear your gaming decade too.

2000:

Hardest challenges? Trying to beat Majora Mask, Jet Force Gemini, and Winback. None of them beaten.

Main competition with bro? Mario Tennis 64.

Game I’ve beaten? Toy Story 2. Game my bro beaten? Ocarina of Time.

I got Dreamcast for my Christmas present with Virtual On. My favorite gaming console so far.

Arcade Mentions: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, Time Crisis 2, and Jurassic Park Lost Island.

PC mentions:

The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions
Roller Coaster Tycoon
The Sims

2001:

In summer I got my GBA and my 1st Castlevania game Symphony of the Night. Beat it on a cruise ship on Yangtze River, before it flooded China’s villages.

Taiwan is the 1st place that began my bro’s addiction towards Counter-Strike. He was never the same again.

On Christmas night I opened my Gamecube console and my Super Smash Bros. Melee. It was an all nighter with my cousins as we unlocked every single characters. Beats the hell out of brawl.

Star Wars Rouge Squadron II: Rouge Leader. Best flying game yet

2002:

This is basically a phase where I bought and played so many Gamecube games, GBA games and Dreamcast games that I’ve lost what I did.

Memorable Multiplayer days includes:

Dynamite Cop DC
007: Agent Under Fire GC
Power Stone 2 DC
SSBMelee GC
Soul Cailbur DC
NBA Streets GC
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 DC

Honorable mention: Golden Sun for GBA and Star Wars Jedi Outcast for PC

2003:

Got my Xbox with Jet Set Radio and Sega GT bundle. Biggest regret ever over choosing PS2.

Beaten Halo. Mom broke Dead or Alive 3 disc angry against my bro for playing it. I cried hard that day.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic changed my life as being the best star wars game ever and rpg to these day. I’ll never regret buying xbox for it.

Got myself a GBA SP. Still working and currently the most played gaming device to this day.

2004:

Beaten Metriod: First Mission on GBA when I was touring Japan in the spring

Got my 1st pc rig. Bought Halo PC for it and love it in the summer

Half-Life 2 blew my mind with its physic and story-telling in the fall.

Donkey Konga my 1st rhythm game in the winter

Spiderman 2 best superhero game ever.

Bought myself Fire Emblem fro GBA at my 1st San Diego Comic-Con. Best casual strategy game yet.

Got the Star Wars Trilogy DVD bundle with Star Wars Battlefront. Battlefront II is better.

Disappointed with Halo 2. Still limited edition case still kick asses.

First tournament I ever won playing Half-life PC. Prize was a random music game cd. Threads of Fate made by Squaresoft.

2005:

This when I really got into DDR so much I lost weight.

The 1st and last time I ever played a LAN party involving multiple TVs, Gamecubes and Mario Kart Double Dash-es.

Star Wars Episode III game, best lightsaber combat game at the moment.

2006:

Time I got hooked up Guitar Hero hype.

I played my 1st Final Fantasy game, 7, on pc. too bad I stopped playing at the part when I reach Sephiroth meteor crash.

I got 4 millions point on my Tetris gameboy. Haven’t beaten it since.

Same year that I’ve beaten many people on Tetris DS at Fan Expo in Toronto.

Played Gears of Wars. Disappointed by it.

Very disappointed with Star Wars KOTOR: Sith Lord. Heard it was an unfinished product so fans finally finished it. Gonna play it some time soon.

2007:

Stars Wars Republic Commando was okay. not a great squad game but I’m into the book series now.

I’ve beaten Megaman X on my bro’s psp. He bricked it. Replaced. Bricked again forever now

My bro’s ex brought home a Wii.

I’ve never beaten a Zelda game until now. First was Link’s Awakening on Game Boy and the second is Twilight Princess for Wii. Both awesome.

Super Mario Galaxy is currently my favorite Mario game. I feel proud to get 151 stars under 24 hrs.

My friend got me hooked on Pump it Up, another dance simulation game

Learned how to use PSCX2 simulation. Too bad my rig isn’t powerful enough.

Bro made a pc rig for Christmas. Got a virus from a Bioshock demo from Steam. Currently broken since.

2008:

Star Wars Battlefront II. Best multiplayer star wars game to date.

I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl at my friend graduation party. Is not Melee.

I finally beat Metal Gear Solid. Took me two years (from laziness). Now if only if I could beat Sons of Liberties

Tales of Symphonia is my 1st action rpg and tales game, with its sophisticated combat, great characters and a cliché of rollercoaster storyline that I love

Resident Evil 4 is my 1st resident evil game ever. Is scary and unfortunately I have not beaten despite 2 more levels to go.

Paid a 2 bucks an hour to beat Halo 3 on a local game store. cost me 10 bucks

Bought Left 4 Dead, best co-op game and zombie game to date.

My bro’s friend got him a PS3 with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Love the system and the game.

2009:

Year started me beating Star Wars Force Unleashed. What a disappointment.

Grand Theft Auto 4. I am disappointed by so many pointless task. WIP to beat

This is the year when I really gone into visual novels. Fate/Stay Night is the 1st serious VN I ever played and not many can lived up to it. Still Yume Miru Kusuri, Cross Channel, and Katawa Shoujo follow it close.

I f*cking beat Shadow of Colossus. One of my favorite games of all time and the only game that has a rare high replayability in my heart.

The 1st Final Fantasy game I ever beaten was IV on the gba. I only bought the thing since a lot of oddies told me to play it.

2010:

Just Beaten Batman Arkham Asylum

Now tell me your decades.

baka baka baka

Return to “Games & Computing”