Lost Odyssey

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Lost Odyssey

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

It is truly epic. I cannot stress enough how amazing the directing is in this game. I mean this is on par with my idol Hideo Kojima's work. 8)
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Lost Odyssey

Post by Rectifier »

Extrapolate for the ignorant please, myself included.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Lost Odyssey is an RPG by Mistwalker for the Xbox 360, in which the player takes control of Kaim, a man who has lived for 1,000 years. The game's story revolves around the many generations of which Kaim is a part, his loves and losses and conflicts in a world nearing a "magical industrial revolution".

Lost Odyssey's story is being penned by the award-winning Japanese novelist, Kiyoshi Shigematsu who is working directly with the game's producer Hironobu Sakaguchi on the tales from Kaim's past that will be strewn throughout the game. Heading up the artistic demands of the title is famed Japanese mangaka, Takehiko Inoue, while famed composer Nobuo Uematsu has been recruited to create a more contemporary soundtrack. Mistwalker is developing the title, with cooperation with a studio named Feel Plus, a subsidiary of Microsoft created specifically to aid Mistwalker. Feel Plus is made up of around 40 former Nautilus/Sacnoth developers, most famous for the cult favorite Shadow Hearts RPG series. (Sacnoth was officially announced as being dissolved in 2007.) [1] Former Square employees at Microsoft are also involved. The game ships on four dual layer DVDs, more than any Xbox 360 game to date.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Holy...crap! That sounds amazing! Now, I am thinking about picking it up. If only I had time and money...Does anyone know where I can find those trees?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Geez how many hours of gameplay is that, mass effect to the nth power?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

This game pulled out the big guns on it's production team. All those big names, I'm not surprised it is so amazing. Much more playability than Mass Effect. The voice acting is superb. The story hooks you really hard early on. I can't really put into words what I felt when I was playing through the first disc, but it was so impressive I was literally on the verge of tears. 8)

This game is a must-play RPG for this year. Period.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

wow, this might become the ff7 of the 360 game selection.

any good sites to grab this from?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I just picked it up at a retail store. I didn't look around for any online deals.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Walk-in stores are a luxury I do without, especially since:

A: It's really friggin cold and windy right now.
B: It's a really long distance to the closest gaming store.
C: It's in the midwest so there's a possibility it might not even be available.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Rectifier wrote:Walk-in stores are a luxury I do without, especially since:

A: It's really friggin cold and windy right now.
B: It's a really long distance to the closest gaming store.
C: It's in the midwest so there's a possibility it might not even be available.
The following is a rant: please do not expect too much or take personal offense. Also, please read this with your lights on while you sit about 6 feet away from your computer monitor. Quite your whining! You are only in Indiana for crying out loud! Besides, if you live out in the boondocks like I do, then you are bored half of the time without anything to do while you freeze your butt off for half of the year. The rest of the year it is dark, miserable, and cloudy. You get used to having to put up with crap like that though. It kills me when people from California or Florida come to where I live and complain about the temperature. Now Indiana! I never expected that one! Well, I get a chuckle out of it at least. Anyhow, I feel your pain. It is a blizzard right now here. About the only comfort is a warm fire and hockey, things like that. Back to Lost Odyssey though, I keep hearing a lot of hype, so I am thinking that when I get the money, it will be worth playing.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Haha Pleb_Mgoo and I were talking about it on IRC last night. He got hooked on it immediately, but near the end of the first disc, his 360 crapped out. :evil:
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

ainsoph9 wrote:The following is a rant: please do not expect too much or take personal offense. Also, please read this with your lights on while you sit about 6 feet away from your computer monitor. Quite your whining! You are only in Indiana for crying out loud! Besides, if you live out in the boondocks like I do, then you are bored half of the time without anything to do while you freeze your butt off for half of the year. The rest of the year it is dark, miserable, and cloudy. You get used to having to put up with crap like that though. It kills me when people from California or Florida come to where I live and complain about the temperature. Now Indiana! I never expected that one! Well, I get a chuckle out of it at least. Anyhow, I feel your pain. It is a blizzard right now here. About the only comfort is a warm fire and hockey, things like that. Back to Lost Odyssey though, I keep hearing a lot of hype, so I am thinking that when I get the money, it will be worth playing.
1. Where do you live?
2. Are you aware of the wind here in Indiana? Somewhere along the lines of constant 10-12 mph winds to 20 mph gusts so that it constantly feels 15 or more degrees colder than actual temperature.

Understand that while it's probably cold where you live, it's just as cold here, but without snow and with wind.

@TGM Wow that sucks, what happened to his 360?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

RRoD most likely, but I'm not positive.

And stop complaining about the cold. I would much prefer that than the blazing hot summers I get here. :?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I live in northern Michigan when I am home from school, but my school is in western Michigan. Either way, there is not much of a difference in weather between the two places. Both of them have a fair chunk of wind and cold, not to mention that this area is one of the cloudiest in the world! We get dumped on here with snow and whatever comes out way. Heck! We get dumped on period (economically, politically, weather-wise, you name it). If it sounds like I take pride in that fact, I do absolutely NOT! As for the wind, I have been to Indiana, and I know what it is like. It sucks, but there is not much you can do about it except build a lot of wind turbines. It gets complex and completely political from there... :roll: TGM, right now, I think about half of the residents of Michigan would love to be where you are right now, so I understand your point. Just curious, what kind of hot is it there? Is it hot and dry or hot and humid? Michigan gets the latter. So, if you are outside for five minutes, you come in feeling like a sticky, wet sponge.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Well I live in the middle of a desert. Phoenix AZ. I use to live up north near the great lakes so I know how cold it gets. Right now it's only hitting 80s-90s F, but in the summer it easily gets up to 115F every day. It can easily be deadly if you are out in the sun too long and get dehydrated. :?

Return to “Games & Computing”