Soul Calibur IV

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Soul Calibur IV

Post by b0mb3r »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29550.html?type=wmv

I find this trailer to be funny. after with DOA4 with a fictional character from HALo, then comes Sonic in Super Smash Brawl, what is come to next?
Last edited by b0mb3r on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Gah, when I heard about that a few days ago I almost threw my computer out the window. Soul Calibur is my baby, and this is a terrible turn of events. :evil:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

honestly i think they should make a crazy 2-d fighting game with every major hardcore video game character in history. by fighting like marvel vs capcom style. games like DOA4 or Tekken makes it a bit complicated. i mean i want it like Guilty Gear or something.

baka baka baka
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

b0mb3r wrote:honestly i think they should make a crazy 2-d fighting game with every major hardcore video game character in history. by fighting like marvel vs capcom style. games like DOA4 or Tekken makes it a bit complicated. i mean i want it like Guilty Gear or something.
You mean MUGEN?

Sonic in Smash Brawl is kinda normal really. He should've been there since the beginning (along with Megaman)

As for SC4... aside from the chuckles. Really, that series has sold itself out so much already. Who gives a damn anymore?
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Sonic in Smash Brawl is kinda normal really. He should've been there since the beginning (along with Megaman)
The beginning? No. Super Smash is for Nintendo-Only characters. Sonic's pretty much become that, but Megaman not yet.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

AuraTwilight wrote:
The beginning? No. Super Smash is for Nintendo-Only characters. Sonic's pretty much become that, but Megaman not yet.
Why must you be so pessimistic?

I mean he belongs there. He like, the same kinda character as the rest of the people in there. Well, excepting Snake. But having Snake in there is awesome too. And really, I (and a huge majority of the playerbase that aren't overly critical of continuity) wouldn't give a flying poke if they put digimon characters or cereal mascots inside the game because it would just make it all the more awesome!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

At the current rate though, it would be cool to see Smash Bros. become a more official version of MUGEN. It will probably never happen, but it would be awesome.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why must you be so pessimistic?

I mean he belongs there. He like, the same kinda character as the rest of the people in there. Well, excepting Snake. But having Snake in there is awesome too. And really, I (and a huge majority of the playerbase that aren't overly critical of continuity) wouldn't give a flying poke if they put digimon characters or cereal mascots inside the game because it would just make it all the more awesome!
No, it would make it dumber. The concept of Super Smash is to bring Nintendo characters together. Bringing in shit like Digimon and cereal mascots would take so much contracts and legal issues that it wouldn't be worth making. If you want to make all these guys fight, there's MUGEN, so quit'cher'bitchin'.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Bleh, I'm not going to feed a troll.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

lol i forgot all about mugen

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The only problem with MUGEN is that it is not perfect by any means. There are things that you can do in that game that you should not be able to do because of the inherent glitches in the game. If the characters and all are programmed correctly though, they can be a lot of fun to play as. It is just one of those experimental things, so it seems.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

although sometimes you get stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ZU26zdnHE
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm not a troll, I just disagree with your idea because it would circumvent the entire idea of Smash Bros. It's like putting fishing minigames in Sonic the Hedgehog or converting it to an RPG.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

AuraTwilight wrote:
I'm not a troll, I just disagree with your idea because it would circumvent the entire idea of Smash Bros. It's like putting fishing minigames in Sonic the Hedgehog or converting it to an RPG.
you know bioware is making a sonic rpg for the DS right?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Speaking of which, WHERE is my KOTOR 3?

Return to “Games & Computing”