Misc games stuff

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Umiman wrote: 1. Starcraft 2 released. Duh.
Don't you mean announced?
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Of course. What did I say?
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Released.

For a moment there, I thought one day without an Internet made me miss the release or something.

:D
/me claws out throat and dies
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

Eeek! Adult content in Halo 2 for Vista:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ ... ws;title;0
Master chief XXX anyone?
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Wouldn't that of been great? Starcraft II is released before anyone even knew it was being made.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

lol, that'll be pretty funny. One day the games just show up over night on the shelves
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

Setherzam wrote:lol, that'll be pretty funny. One day the games just show up over night on the shelves
Well, sometimes good games really appear "out of nowhere" - rare occasion though.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Planetarian
It's a Key visual novel. What do you want me to say?

Star Wars: Empire at War

This game is fun like hell. I makes Star Wars RTS-es actually fun to play with awesome large scale space battles and stuff. It's made by the guys who made the original C&Cs and Red Alerts (Westwood) and is really really good. I seriously suggest this if you need something to play.

One of the best parts is that the campaign is only slightly linear and you can conquer the whole galaxy (you can do it outside the campaign in another singleplayer mode too). The best part is that it plays like a turn-based game where you take over the galaxy one planet at a time while managing all your other planets except without the turn-based, so you need to think fast or the enemy will attack you without mercy.

Did I mention the space battles are really really fun?

Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

This one is even better than the previous one. The campaign is even more fun with a really cool last mission. There's more things to do, more ships to blow up, more Jedi to feed to rancors, more Jawas to kill, more planets to destroy, etc.

Also, there's a whole new race to use with some awesome late game units that make you go "WOO!!!" when they appear.

By the way, there are mods available for this expansion that increases the amount of ships in-game by some hundred or so, which is crazy. They all look great and perform well, though I tend to get extremely annoyed when single cruisers can survive under super heavy laser fire.

Hospital Tycoon
This game was supposed to be the sequel to the amazing Theme Hospital game released many many years back. Unfortunately, it sucks ass, so don't play it. Trust me, it's a waste of time listening to doctors who sound like Sims on helium nag you about how you should get this nurse to fall in love with this janitor. Blergh...
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

There's a Supreme Commander expansion pack coming out in a month. Huh? So fast? The game isn't even a year old yet.

Anyway, some of the things mentioned:
1. Orbital bombardment. (Giant orbital cannon FTW! Mavor-gasm)
2. Improved, skinnable and adjustable interface, as per originally promised.
3. 100 new units.
4. Seraphim is the new crazy genocidal alien race. Focuses on less units but more powerful. Wait wait... weren't the Seraphim the space hippies? When did they become warrior monks? Does this mean we have two Aeon-lookalike factions now? :|
5. Better AI and pathfinding as well as better flight control. What does that even mean? Are they referring to how aircraft like to crash into each other to kill them? Hehe.
6. New, template building system if you're too lazy to manually build your base.
7. New fog of war? Har? New sky dome system? Wassat?
8. UEF won the infinite war, but Cybrans got a bit of the victory too. Aeon was pwnt.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

:cry: I don't even have the first-zeh Sup com yet
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Umiman wrote:There's a Supreme Commander expansion pack coming out in a month. Huh? So fast? The game isn't even a year old yet.

4. Seraphim is the new crazy genocidal alien race. Focuses on less units but more powerful. Wait wait... weren't the Seraphim the space hippies? When did they become warrior monks? Does this mean we have two Aeon-lookalike factions now? :|

58. UEF won the infinite war, but Cybrans got a bit of the victory too. Aeon was pwnt.

Maybe Seraphims are here to replace the Aeons because they were "pwnt"?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nitewolfz
Astral Realm

Post by Nitewolfz »

Umiman wrote:There's a Supreme Commander expansion pack coming out in a month. Huh? So fast? The game isn't even a year old yet.

1. Orbital bombardment. (Giant orbital cannon FTW! Mavor-gasm)
2. Improved, skinnable and adjustable interface, as per originally promised.
3. 100 new units.
5. Better AI and pathfinding as well as better flight control. What does that even mean? Are they referring to how aircraft like to crash into each other to kill them? Hehe.
6. New, template building system if you're too lazy to manually build your base.
7. New fog of war? Har? New sky dome system? Wassat?
8. UEF won the infinite war, but Cybrans got a bit of the victory too. Aeon was pwnt.
Based on what I read all they said was "Takes place after firing of Black Sun", but in all 3 campaigns, all of them fired black sun lol. The campaign sounds more like a hybrid combination of all 3 victories (UEF survives, QAI says it has completed its primary objective and now moves on to its secondary, Aeon princess has gone missing although in the campaign she fired herself through black sun). Lol template building ftw! No more lay one factory switch to pgen click click click, lay one mex, switch to mstorage click click click.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

http://gameinformer.com/News/Screens/Sc ... A06E7F1177}

OMG T3H SCRIN HAF INVADED T3H SUPCOMS LOL.

... and Supermonkeylord <3.

There's also a HD trailer there somewhere.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.> I guess here's a good place as any.

Soul calibur 4 announced.
TheDefend
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by TheDefend »

i don't think that starcraft will change that much.... it might be just increase in graphic but the gameplay still the same as the 1
Baka Tsuki Lurker -Transform-> Baka Wolf Lurker

Return to “Games & Computing”