Headphones

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Headphones

Post by Poke2201 »

Damn... Some of these are really nice...

Can I have some links though?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Do Apple's headphones exist? becuase, their earphones are pretty good.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Poke2201 wrote:Sooo which headphones look good and work well? Price range is under 120.
It'll depend on what you're looking for. Closed full size like these? (the cups cover the entire ear, better privacy) Open full size? (cups don't cover the entire ear, better sound on average) Or IEMs?
kira0802 wrote:Do Apple's headphones exist? becuase, their earphones are pretty good.
If by good you mean terrible build quality and sound quality that makes even Skullcandy look good then ya, they're pretty good

It amazes me that Apple isn't pricing these for like $30 just because people would still buy them
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ben1234 wrote:It amazes me that Apple isn't pricing these for like $30 just because people would still buy them
It's 29,95 in the local Apple Store. A real one, BTW. :lol:
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I've never cared for Apple Headphones (mostly because they didn't come with my ipad), but good sound for cheap, I use skullcandies, over ear is Hesh (like 50 bucks) and in-ear I use Dubs (10 dollars from most stores).
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Ugh Skullcandy. They're like Bose except advertised for the younger buyers and don't nearly cost as much

They charge you like double their actual cost while giving you mediocre sound and terrible build quality.

I mean, for not even $15, I can get a pair of these that simply blows away almost anything Skullcandy has ever made. The pair I have from 3 years ago are still working while the pair of Skullcandy someone gave me last month barely lasted a week
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Well, they sound better (to me) than some 50 dollar pair of Sony's I got a while ago. (I've also never had any luck with Koss, they sound like crap to me.) Maybe it's the choice in music, I listen to emo music, so I couldn't care less about the bass, and when I do, I just switch the EQ around.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I actually prefer earphoones, due to the fact that they're easy to move around.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Poke2201 wrote:Damn... Some of these are really nice...

Can I have some links though?
Go here. You can click on "Buy" to find price comparisons.

As for the host of other replies, I personally do not hold Skullcandy, Sony, or Apple earphones or headphones in high regard. As was said before, they are about the same quality as Bose and are overpriced. I like to that Bose are for bozos, and anyone who thinks that they are better than the hardcore audiophile stuff out there is one. Basically, anything that you can find at your local outlet store is going to be crap, although Best Buy and a few other stores are getting smart by stocking up on some of the low-end Sennheiser headphones and the like.

One good pair of Koss earphones I have I posted about towards the beginning of this thread.

As for messing with the EQ, it is generally not a good idea to do that. EQ algorithms generally sacrifice certain parts of the signal to boost others as a way to avoid clipping or "hitting the rails." In other words, the result generally makes the overall sound sound either dulled or sharp to the ears. Unless you really know what you are doing, I do not suggest it.

I understand that earphones are easier to move around with, but they generally sacrifice the bass because of the lack of current to the earphone combined with the small diaphragm not being able to handle the signal wholeheartedly. If you want earphones, I suggest these.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I suppose my main problem with headphones is that I break them...be it, running over them, crushing them, getting them stuck in a chainsaw, somehow every pair of my headphones winds up broken, so I stick with the (what is to me) high quality low end stuff. :oops:
As for messing with the EQ, I really only do it at times of running, and that's just so I have something to help me pace myself with.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I wanna see what you guys think of JVC Gumy's. Those things are ridiculously cheap yet really long lasting for me.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

They're like those stock phones that come with that mp3 player. You think they sound alright but they're actually really bad
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I tried a pair of those, but the just hurt my ears and didn't sound as good as my apple headphones. (At the time like 2 years ago.)
I do know people that swear by that name though, maybe they've gotten better.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I only swear by them just because they last ridiculously long.

Also, the quality of the Gumy's tend to be higher than anything else at that price range.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I haven't checked them out, but I prefer actual in-ear headphones, not earbud or whatever style. (I don't know the different kinds.)
Quality as with everything is a matter of opinion. I mean, factually a 525 HP car will beat a 410 HP car, but there's always the driver (No pun intended with headphone technology) as the variable.

Return to “Games & Computing”